Football Manager 2012 Activation

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 55K
thats the problem i share the game with my friend he installs by cd and i install by steam SI just ****** my life they shouldn't have done this at least in portugal we are almost bankrupt and now i can't just pay half of it ****** bastards

But if you are sharing one copy with a friend, that is piracy.

no if i know you pay for the cd version and steam version so i have the right of use those two versions but if i only need one why would i buy the other i don't call it piracy because if they set this as piracy they have already made what they are doings this year before

They are not classed as something seperate though, they are the same game, you are paying for one whichever way you choose to install it. You obviously don't understand fully what piracy is.

thats the problem i share the game with my friend he installs by cd and i install by steam SI just ****** my life they shouldn't have done this at least in portugal we are almost bankrupt and now i can't just pay half of it ****** bastards
I'm sure Portugal isn't in a state of poverty where you can't afford to buy FM.

Blame your government for being bankrupt, don't take it out on SI because they are trying to reduce piracy of their game XD

Nah mate i am a 42 year old who has purchased every reincarnation of this game......i just dont like peeps telling me what i have on my puter

aint a pirate mate.....i enjoy fm so dont mind giving over 30 quid or whatever to SI.......i just dont like peeps telling me what to do.....im a very stubborn bugga

I prefer playing disc version but the steam activation doesn't really bother me that much.

one noob question: will I be able to install the game multiple times, for example after formatting the HD and installing a new OS (which I do quite often)???

I prefer playing disc version but the steam activation doesn't really bother me that much.

one noob question: will I be able to install the game multiple times, for example after formatting the HD and installing a new OS (which I do quite often)???

Yeah, you just reinstall Steam then click to reinstall FM12 from within the Steam browser. All easily done.

so when you buy FM and put it into your hard drive, it will come up now install steam?

thanks, no problem for me with this activation thing then :)

Not at all, it's a common misconception to think otherwise.

To be clear for anyone else, products bought or activated through Steam are linked to your account, not your system. You can install the Steam client on as many machines as you have, and download FM12 to them all but you can only access Steam through one computer at a time.

Interesting to see if the money SI loses from the customers who don't have the internet will amount to or even surpass the amount that they will bring in presuming that this stops piracy of the game all-together (Which seems unlikely, to be frank).

Not at all, it's a common misconception to think otherwise.

To be clear for anyone else, products bought or activated through Steam are linked to your account, not your system. You can install the Steam client on as many machines as you have, and download FM12 to them all but you can only access Steam through one computer at a time.

Indeed, however if you start running FM2011 on your steam then have somebody go on the Steam on another computer they too can run FM2011. Can't see it being different in FM2012's case.

so when you buy FM and put it into your hard drive, it will come up now install steam?

Not entirely sure Calum, as I don't buy a hard copy, I just buy and download via Steam. I presume somewhere during the installation process it will either install the client for you, or give you directions on how to do it.

Back