Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started an Arsenal save last night. Had a clear-out of the youth team, and shuffled the starting XI slightly. New coaching staff too, all coaches who reach 5* in the future ;)

a5YF3.jpg

Just started an Arsenal save last night. Had a clear-out of the youth team, and shuffled the starting XI slightly. New coaching staff too, all coaches who reach 5* in the future ;)

a5YF3.jpg

Did you buy podolski? if its a update can you link it me:)

Also Started a new Arsenal save and put Podolski in Arsenal before I started it. :)

Tried to Sign M'Villa but they wanted 30M and I didnt have that so I signed Diame from Wigan, also signed Vertonghen, Sam, Mbeque and Luuk De Jong.

Team is:

Woj

M'Beque Koscielny Vertonghen* Sagna

Arteta Song

Rosicky

Gervinho RvP Poldolski

* Verms as a long term injury :(

New to the fourm and to football manager big fan of Celtic and watched football for my life. Started with arsenal tonight 43m to get a europa league place ain't too bad. Looked at the squad and I found areas to strengthen. I think arsenal need a left back, centre half, defensive mid, attacking mid, left attacking mid, and a young striker as cover for RVP. I signed the following player for the positions (sorry for the spelling).
LB- Leighton Baines (17.5m)
CB- Collocini (15m)
CDM- Felanni (15m)
AM- Eden Hazard (35m)
LAM- Marco Marin (17m)
ST- Zaha (7.5m)
I spent 107m but didn't manage to get rid of the deadwood players. I tried to buy BPL/England player so they didn't take too long to settle in.

I had a mixed pre season but I think due to many of my players lacking match fitness and with me mainly playing MLS teams (halfway through a season) and players gelling together was the main reason.

I only played one BPL game before I went to be. I had a 1-1 draw with Spurs. It was an even game, both teams had chances, so in all a draw was a fair result.

I hope you all enjoyed my story so far and hope that I may have given some help to anyone finding players. If anyone has any tips for me as a newbie I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Started with arsenal tonight 43m to get a europa league place ain't too bad.

I spent 107m but didn't manage to get rid of the deadwood players.

Mathematically impossible, unless you used monthly instalments or added bonuses in which case, spending £107m, you're finances are going to be royally ballsed in the future, unless you're planning a major clearout in the next window.

A few seasons ago, I beat Tottenham and as soon as the match ended, their manager was sacked.

Well.. it's just happened again XD

The date is 1.1.2020 and I've just offloaded Vrsaljko (£9m) to FC Bayern and Ron-Robert Zieler (£6.75m) to Schalke after a row over a fine and lack of first team football respectively. Also got rid of Seydou Doumbia (£9.5m) to PSG and a Welsh regen called Nick Lewis to Necastle for £1.2m; he wasn't good enough for the big time. Also selling a German regen named Axel Hamann to Barcelona for £8.25m - I offered him out after he was complaining for lack of first team opportunities, and this happened exactly a day after the summer transfer window closed. He's an AMR inside forward, and both Nicolas Gaitan and Troy Harris (American regen) got injured so I had to play him regularly. His average rating is just over 8.00. Gutted. This takes my income to £86.25m on transfers alone but I have spent £23.5m on 2 players.

Holy **** what skin is that? I need it :O

Any of you think RVP's 'Shoot with power' ppm is a bit exaggerated? I'm not a Gunner expert but I'm quite sure he doesn't blast the ball all the time IRL.

Who's in a good role for replacing Fabregas? Do you guys ever tried Ansaldi? I've seen the CPU Arsenal always buying him. Any better LB? What are the positions that Arsenal should strenghten by your opinion?

im in season 2013/2014 now, and i won the championsship and champions league both firsts seasons.
now my team look like this:

Szczesny
Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Jose Angel
Wilshere, Özil
Walcott, Podolski, Hazard
V. Persie

rest is:
Butland, Mannone
Jenkinson, Miquel, Bellusci, Chalobah, Gibbs
Rodwell, Ramsey
Ox, Lansbury, Maher
Campbell, Tafer