Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
80% win ratio! lets see the squad you've got!

I posted it a few pages back, albeit it will be 1 season behind. Neymar won best player in europe for me. I've accepted the Real Madrid job now, see how it goes!

I posted it a few pages back, albeit it will be 1 season behind. Neymar won best player in europe for me. I've accepted the Real Madrid job now, see how it goes!

Fair enough i have a 140 mil transfer budget at arsenal, santos want 70 mil for neymar is he worth it?

i thought i got raped paying £45mil for him... He is incredible player... but I could never justify £70mil

Right lads. After my dad uninstalled Steam, Im having to reinstall the f*cker. Downloading FM12 on Steam at a rate of 1.2M/B's so It shouldn't be too long.

Going to start fresh. Want to build a team for the future. Quick question can anyone recommend any staff members?

About 10 games into my first season.

In:
Vertonghen 8m
Baines 17.5m
Van der Weil 12m
Marchisio 17m
Kadlec 6.75m
Vrsajlko 1.5m
Badelj 3.7m
Di Natale 8m
Joel Valencia 1m (4.5* potential, rapidly improving just 16 and playing international football already, great signing)

Out:
Fabianski 2m
Sagna 16.75m
Rosicky 2.3m
Chamakh 1m loan

Probably went a tad over board with a few too many players for the odd position but with injuries to Wilshere, Vermaelen, Mertesacker at the start and a few months picked up by Walcott and Gervinho i had to panic buy with Di Natale.
I'm planning to ship out Merte, Santos, Marchisio and Park all of which have high wages and i have young replacements already for which is in keeping with the self sustaining way i like to play.

[video=youtube_share;A_MpBa8_do4]http://youtu.be/A_MpBa8_do4[/video]

Just thought I'd share a bit of topical brilliance I just experienced. This is a preseason match against Leeds; after Fabrice scores this screamer, the confidence of the Arsenal squad goes through the roof and proceed to score 4 more in the next 25 minutes.

He was cheap and fitting into the BWM-D role perfectly behind Song.

I'm finding playing European football very, very difficult in this game.

I'll follow suit and post my achievements (look closely at Europe):

2011-12

Premier League: 3rd
FA Cup: Quarter Finals (Lost 3-2 against Wolves)
League Cup: Winners (Won 3-1 against Stoke)
Champions Cup: First Knockout Round (Lost first leg 3-1, Drew second leg 1-1, lost 4-2 on aggregate against Barcelona)

2012-13

Premier League: Winners
FA Cup: Winners (Won 2-0 against Swansea)
League Cup: Final (Lost 1-0 after extra time against Man Utd)
Champions Cup: First Knockout Round (Won first leg 2-1, Lost second leg 5-2, lost 6-4 on aggergate against Barcelona)

2013-14

FA Cup: Fifth Round (Lost 1-0 against Everton)
League Cup: Winners (Won 3-1 against Man Utd)
Champions Cup: First Knockout Round (Won first leg 1-0, Lost second leg 3-0, lost 3-1 on aggergate against Porto)

2014-15

FA Cup: Semi Finals (Lost on penalties against Man Utd)
League Cup: Semi Final (Drew first leg 2-2, Lost second leg 2-0, lost 4-2 on aggregate against Man City)
Champions Cup: Semi Final (Lost first leg 2-1, Lost second leg 3-1, lost 5-2 on aggregate against Marseille)

This season I'm top of the league, lost to Man City in the quarter final of the FA Cup, lost to Liverpool in the semi final of the League Cup, and got knocked out of the group stages in the Champions Cup so competed in the Euro Cup; lost in the quarter final against Atletico Madrid on away goals.

Just as well I won the league when I did; I have 4 first team strikers, and guess where they all are? In the physio room.

Arsenal FC

Season Expectations:

View attachment 233417

I had to think about this, because of the tough competition this season with City, Chelsea, Tottenham, United & even Liverpool, I had to be realistic and expection to Qualify for the Champions League. Finishing in the top 3 is going to be very, very hard. As a result as you can see, I have a £50m transfer budget, which is more than enough.

Squad
View attachment 233418
Squad looks okay. Not enough strenghth in depth which I will need to address. A few places I will need to strengthen. The midfield is easily the strongest part of the squad so I wont need to strengthen too much there. Maybe a few backups. Need a striker to cover RVP, may sign a young striker or may sign an experienced striker, I don't know yet.

Right & Left Back
Centre Back
Winger
Attacking Midfielder
Striker

Finances
View attachment 233419

Finances are pretty strong. A strong transfer budget and a strong wage budget. The loan that is owed though could hurt the finances in the near future. Im going to try and keep the wage & spending to a minimum. Im going to try and spend at least 50% of my transfer budget.

*facepalm* I have a amazing team but they're all so short that I lose tons of goals due to set pieces and corners. Even a world class goalkeeper doesn't help.

Last edited:
another *facepalm* I have only one GK so when he got injured I had to call up a useless youth GK. so far 1 draw, no losses, and even beat PSG 2nd leg due to away goals. I guess the EPL does not matter for me anymore since I'm 6 points behind Man U and Man City with 10 games to go.

What can I do with 43m, when my squad well self efficient for another season to roll.

Last edited:
I've now begun the 2016-17 season and I managed to get Mario Gotze for a nice price at £39.5m. Sadly, Lionel Messi signed a new deal a day before his contract was up. I also bought 5 regens, all of whom are looking to be quality players in the future. I may have overpaid for one or two though.

With Gotze's arrival, Gervinho and Nicolas Gaitan (both have been very, very efficient for 3-4 years) have to fight for a place on the AMR inside forward slot, with Kagawa being a loyal ******* and warming the bench every week. Ron-Robert Zieler is finally putting in some top-notch performances.

I've also set a new challenge for myself - I've become Wales' first team manager - never managed a country before! - and it's going quite well: beat Lithuania 1-0, drew against Bulgaria 2-2, lost to Germany 1-0 after a magnificent effort, and crushed Romania 3-0. After all those results, we have dropped (yes, dropped) 1 place in the world rankings to 33rd. This leaves me third in the World Cup qualifying group, 5 points off the top [Germany] and just 3 points behind Bulgaria.

EDIT: Gotze out for 3-4 months with a torn calf muscle, ****.

What can I do with 43m, when my squad well self efficient for another season to roll.

What will I do with 125M when my team will be good for another 10 seasons (youth development for the win)

Status
Not open for further replies.