Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After killing the League, winning 14 points off City, winning the FA and Carling cups and losing the UCL final on penalty kicks, I got bored. I'm now thinking about starting a new save, with the Wenger style. I mean making transfers of 15 mil euros tops, and maybe, once every 3-4 years make a big-ish signing. Just wondering what you guys think about this.

Line-up:

Wojo
Santos (LB) - Vermaelen & Mertesacker (CB) - Sagna (RB)
Ramsey (CM) - K-P Boateng (CM)
Oxlade-Chamberlain (ACM)
RVP & Tevez (ST)

In - K-P Boateng, Tevez and Taraabt (Cover for ACM)
Out - Djourou, Almunia, Rosicky and lots of youngsters on loan

Sitting comfortably in 2nd in the Premier League, semi-final of the FA Cup, runners-up in the Carling Cup, only got to the first knockout round of the Champions' League as i had Barca in that round, losing 4-3 on aggregate.

Rich bastards. I am flattered by the offer, but I'm surely going to reject it considering RM are my least favorite club in the whole wide world. Well, behind City, and Chelsea, aaaand Tottenham. I think I'm goind to leave after my second season, when my contract ends.
View attachment 236533

Just started my Arsenal Save and have bought the following:

Marouane Fellaini - 15 million
Edinson Cavani - 31 million
Willian - 10.75 million
Adryan - 850k - Signs next year ( 10th August 2012 )
Carlos Fierro - 1.2 million - Signs next year ( 24th July 2012 )

Sold The Following:

Francis Coquelin - Loaned to FC Lorient
Manuel Almunia - 1.1 million To Real Madrid
Marouane Chamakh - Loaned To Bayern Munich + Loan Fee of 3 million
James Shea - Released
Sead Hajrovic - Released
Martin Angha - Loaned to Barnet
Nico Yennaris - Loaned to Bristol Rovers
Jernade Meade - Loaned to AFC Wimbledon
Chuks Aneke - Loaned to Southend

Im Currently on the opening game of the season Vs Spurs And have been drawn to play Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League Play Off.

I shall keep you all informed... :)

Do Arsenal eveer build a new stadium? If so whats the earliest year because I'm currently in 2014 and there can be no interactions between me and the board regarding stadium

Do Arsenal eveer build a new stadium? If so whats the earliest year because I'm currently in 2014 and there can be no interactions between me and the board regarding stadium

IDK mate, but I only managed to expand the Stadium back in FM11 at like 2016 or something. :(

Doubt it, I'm around 2015 and nothing. We built a stadium recently and unless Arsenals reputation gets to something like 5 star like Barca or Real 60k of seats does the job.

Doubt it, I'm around 2015 and nothing. We built a stadium recently and unless Arsenals reputation gets to something like 5 star like Barca or Real 60k of seats does the job.

How long does it take to get their reputation increased to that level? Won the league twice in a row and got to CL semifinal and final but no improvements in terms of starts whereas Man City only won the CL and have been garbage in the league yet they have a better reputation

lol

Why do you keep saying lol?

Becoming incredibly frustrated at the amount of injuries I'm getting at the moment. January window just ended and Gervinho's been injured twice on African Nations duty (sprained ankle - still played him; sprained ankle again, out for a month).

Arteta retiring at the end of the season, sadly he's not staying in the game, thought he might make a great coach.

Absolutely destroyed them! Really enjoying this save at the minute..
ArsenalvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

Becoming incredibly frustrated at the amount of injuries I'm getting at the moment. January window just ended and Gervinho's been injured twice on African Nations duty (sprained ankle - still played him; sprained ankle again, out for a month).

Arteta retiring at the end of the season, sadly he's not staying in the game, thought he might make a great coach.

Injuries are killing me, I've got 4 games in 8 days and with half my squad injured for 5 months. (Not exaggerating) I have 3 attackers left. Hopefully they'll pull through without needed rotation. Worst of all these 4 games are just before Jan. So no transfers for me at the moment.

Tip lads - Play Chamberlain as an Attacking Midfielder Playmaker. He is an absolute BEAST there. RVP aswell has hit 8 goals in 3 League games. Hat trick against Spurs and then against Sunderland followed by 2 goals at Home against Stoke. Messi who? (H)

Is it me or since the new patch, Real Madrid want to sign Sagna they have put 2 bids of £17-£19m and I keep saying ****** off.

Last edited:
Tip lads - Play Chamberlain as an Attacking Midfielder Playmaker. He is an absolute BEAST there. RVP aswell has hit 8 goals in 3 League games. Hat trick against Spurs and then against Sunderland followed by 2 goals at Home against Stoke. Messi who? (H)

Is it me or since the new patch, Real Madrid want to sign Sagna they have put 2 bids of £17-£19m and I keep saying ****** off.

Lucky, I barely squeezes £10m for Sagna when he went to Madrid. But you sure about Chamberlain as a playmaker? He has 16 creativity but 10 passing. For me that is...
He's better for me on Right Winger - Attack. 8 goals in 4 games. Too bad he puleed a 6 month injury straight after :/

Lucky, I barely squeezes £10m for Sagna when he went to Madrid. But you sure about Chamberlain as a playmaker? He has 16 creativity but 10 passing. For me that is...
He's better for me on Right Winger - Attack. 8 goals in 4 games. Too bad he puleed a 6 month injury straight after :/

Chamberlain for me is a BEAST as a playmaker, as well as scoring he sets up goals aswell for me so far in the 3 league games he has scored 3 but assisted 7, thats Christian Eriksen standard for me, haha. It all depends on the formation and instructions.

When I started managing Wales (as well as Arsenal) I really didn't expect much - had a good bunch of players but their ability overall wasn't that good. When I took over they were 43rd in the World Ranking table, we're now 37th (not a huge jump, but progress none the less). World Cup qualifiers went outstandingly well, finished 2nd behind a formidable free-scoring Germany team (who only put 2 past us in 2 games - the second fixture we were 1-0 up until 93 mins :/). Playing Sweden in the Playoffs and just won the first leg 5-1 so all's looking well and good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.