Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you need a new LB .. go buy Jordi Alba from Valencia or Jose Angel from Roma .. those two scores around 5-7 goal each season.
in my game Jose Angel played his first season with an avarage rating on 7.89 in 45 games scoring 6 goal, including the winnng goal in champions league against Spurs in the 12/13 season and he created 23 goals too.

as an replacement for Cesc i recommand Rodwell from Everton, Hazard from Lille or Özil from Real. Maybe even Podolski an use him as an AMC

A little change in my tactics set up by half time, and bang - goals galore :)

View attachment 248521

What tactic is that m8? I'm struggling to find a decent one :S

Currently trying Raikan's Swoop & Awesome AMC but it's not working to my satisfaction, RvP seems invisible 75% of the time.

------------------- RVP
Walcott----------------------------Gervinho
-------------Arteta-----Ze Roberto
-------------------Fellaini
Santos--Vertonghen-----Kosc------Sagna
-------------------Sczez

In:
Ze Roberto Free (Nice tutor and main DLP)
Vertonghen 6m
Eriksen 8m (shame Arteta hates him.. not a good tutor)
Fellaini 18m (low tackling but super heading ... unsure)
Vrsajlko 2.5m
Joel Valencia 1m
Fierro 1.4m
Erick Torres 3.5m

Out:
Djourou, Chamakh, Almunia

Thinking about getting Gaitan and/or Willian for IF's, benching RvP and Gervinho and trying Walcott as poacher...
RvP's shoot's with power is so annoying incredibly annoying that I'm tempted to edit his freaking ppm's, it's so unrealistic :(

Any tips?

What tactic is that m8? I'm struggling to find a decent one :S

Currently trying Raikan's Swoop & Awesome AMC but it's not working to my satisfaction, RvP seems invisible 75% of the time.

------------------- RVP
Walcott----------------------------Gervinho
-------------Arteta-----Ze Roberto
-------------------Fellaini
Santos--Vertonghen-----Kosc------Sagna
-------------------Sczez

In:
Ze Roberto Free (Nice tutor and main DLP)
Vertonghen 6m
Eriksen 8m (shame Arteta hates him.. not a good tutor)
Fellaini 18m (low tackling but super heading ... unsure)
Vrsajlko 2.5m
Joel Valencia 1m
Fierro 1.4m
Erick Torres 3.5m

Out:
Djourou, Chamakh, Almunia

Thinking about getting Gaitan and/or Willian for IF's, benching RvP and Gervinho and trying Walcott as poacher...
RvP's shoot's with power is so annoying incredibly annoying that I'm tempted to edit his freaking ppm's, it's so unrealistic :(

Any tips?

well tbh that 4-2-3-1 tactic has been with me for like the past 3 seasons. in fourth season i was get some success with a new 4-4-2 formation, with jovetic scoring like there is no tmr. but it also had its flaws, mainly in supplying goals and controlling midfield/the game. thus i went back to my old 4-2-3-1 and it work its wonders

honestly, i haven't tried any Raikan's tactics yet :p you might wanna ask him for help on you problem. here is my 4-2-3-1 control domination. hope it works well on yours

4-2-3-1 Control Dominion (Arsenal, Jul 2014).tac

and i would have willian any day in my team :p he an incredible player. as for RVP, in my save i use him like a sub striker now since he's aging, but he's a handy goalscorer. he just loves smashing that deadball into the net

Ok right, since I have thousands of saves, I've deleted nearly all of them and going to start a fresh Arsenal save. I seem to cant pick a save to do when I have loads.

If you are still struggling or need advice let me know. I love talking tactics and signings of my go to club, (I support West Ham but I never feel comfortable managing them.) Willian has done wonders for me in my Arsenal save, Douglas Costa is another good fit. Fernando Amorebieta is a good cheep option at CB and works well with Kos. Hummels, Gotze and re-training Walcott for the LW (did this and he has scored 36 goals in 2 seasons for me). Oh Robert Lewandowski is a 20+ goal a season striker, £11.5m pre-season buy excellent player.

Currently halfway my 1st season, just beat Man United 4-0 at home! (6)
I'm rotating Raikan's Swoop (Counter) and a converted Raikan Awesome AMC.

Converted Awesome AMC to wingers with move into channels.
Only weakness is the inconsistent Wallcot, will test with a better finisher.

Gaitan and Willian are perfect for it since they can play on both sides.
Eriksen is doing awesome on the AMC spot, currently tutored by RvP and after that by Willian.
Wallcot is doing nice as poacher, RvP will move next summer cause I can't make him perform.
Vertonghen is exceeding my expectations, Djourou and Per are going bye bye next summer.

Some opposition tactics are problematic:

Genk played a very fast and direct 442 with 2 DMC's, lost 3-2 away in the CL
Newcastle was a big problem with a direct 4231, tried it 3 times (2 big losses) to find out why but still don't know.

Sigh, sound familar? :(

newsinbox88.png

Am in my second season with arsenal and chelsea have offered me 12m for Aaron ramsey and a was just wondering how good he really gets so ano if a should sell or not :) what is his best role do you think ?

Am in my second season with arsenal and chelsea have offered me 12m for Aaron ramsey and a was just wondering how good he really gets so ano if a should sell or not :) what is his best role do you think ?

don't sell him for two reasons. Fans might turn against you. And he is worth more than that in my opinion, because he turns out to be a very good player in the future from the screenshots I've seen.

Thanks alot mate just wasn't sure never managed him before :)

Dont sell ramsey, at all. he has one of the highest PA at the club: 189. im in my 5 season, and he has like 3 star CA, and around 3.5 star PA. I most of the time play him in the amc role as a playmaker.

Ramsey is really good, in my Fulham save I bought him in 2012/2013 for 7 million euros. 2 seasons later, he was one of the best DLP in the game and I sold him to Real Madrid for 34 million euros.

Dont sell ramsey, at all. he has one of the highest PA at the club: 189. im in my 5 season, and he has like 3 star CA, and around 3.5 star PA. I most of the time play him in the amc role as a playmaker.

A rejected the bid and thanks for the advice :)

Hello,

Sorry I'm asking a question that has probably been asked many times, but there are so many pages in this thread so it's hard to find what i want to. Can somebody please tell me what tactic for Arsenal you're using? In FM 11 there was a great realistic tactic for Arsenal, is there something like that for FM 12? If not, could you tell me where on this forum I can find a good Arsenal tactic?

Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.

Has anyone gotten to over 2026 with Arsenal and got a new stadium built?

Din anyone try and develop Ryo? Has great potential, but I have to sell him every single time due to the LW position being full.(Gervinho, Ox, Podolski)

Status
Not open for further replies.