why when i try play the demo after 1st time of playin it it just says performing 1st time set up and doesnt do anything?! normally mess about with it for ages and eventually get it running but dunno what to do anyone have same problem?

Just installed it via steam its not letting me play though :(:(

I KNOW RIGHT???? IT DOESN'T LET ME PLAY EITHER!!!
Well, I can open it, but after I load the league and try to put my coach name, it freezes!!! I'm freaking out!!!
I've been waiting so long for the demo and it doesn't work!!!! The world is ending!!!!

Hi Guys, I know this may have been posted before. Is there any other way to get the demo other than steam? As it says not available in my country.

Thanks. Special mention to Raikan007 your tactics are amazing!

How does Messi have a lower first touch (17) than John Obi Mikel? Apparently they're also equal on passing, and Messi is just one point more creative. It's just absolutely baffling tbh.

really??? i havent downloaded the demo due to the amount of problems people have had and i really dont get on with steam, will just be waiting for the full game. if this is right about messi and jon obi mikel then its a joke. this surely must be seen as a massive fail by SI?

hello guys sorry if this in wrong section but im having trouble with the fm 2012 demo wont even load to main menu keeps crashing saying fm2012 is running dangerously low on vm but i have loads so how can i sort this i have contacted steam and they haven't got bk to me for 5 days now i am really getting annoyed can some one please help!!!!

Anyone else noticed that the players numbers have disappeared from the back of their shirts on 3d match view in this version -why???? I certainly hope this is just in the demo and they re-appear in the full version as I want to know which players are where without having to click the mouse on them if they're not near the ball or in posession. This is just like removing my favourite split screen (width ways) squad screen view after 16 years of favouring this view. Quick tip for the developers - concentrate on adding things to new versions, not removing things.

Did I hear right in that I can add additional league during save games? Like for example i'm doing a season with Exeter atm in the demo but when the full game is released I can add additional leagues ?

Did I hear right in that I can add additional league during save games? Like for example i'm doing a season with Exeter atm in the demo but when the full game is released I can add additional leagues ?

that is correct. Although I don't think you can change the database size (will be stuck on small because that's what it is in the demo)

Just so you guys know, they has been a forum post on the "official" forums saying that they have barely touched the match engine for 2012, just touched up and changed the animations. So those expecting a match engine patch on release are likely to be disappointed. It also means that any tactics you create now are likely to continue to be of use when the full game comes out.

Just so you guys know, they has been a forum post on the "official" forums saying that they have barely touched the match engine for 2012, just touched up and changed the animations. So those expecting a match engine patch on release are likely to be disappointed. It also means that any tactics you create now are likely to continue to be of use when the full game comes out.

Hm, don't think so. I played over 1000 hours of FM11, and it's pretty noticeable how much the engine has changed in the new one. Maybe they were only tweaks, but they've had a big effect.

I would tend to agree with you, however, it's pretty hard to argue with the guys that make the game.

Here's some quotes.

Originally Posted by PaulC
"Its very much based on the 11.3 one. Any changes have pretty much all been related to improving the 3D experience as opposed to changing the manager and player AI."

Originally Posted by PaulC
To be honest we didn't really keep one as pretty much all the changes were relating to stuff like animations and other under the bonnet components. I tend to keep these logs updated for AI changes but apart from toning down keepers handling outside their area there weren't really any.

Our main focus was improving the 3D element for FM2012 while also working on longer term ME stuff that won't see the light of day until next year at the earliest.

The upside of this is that we don't have a ME that needs patching and is very much road tested 'out of the box'.

Had a keeper get a yellow card today for handling outside the box, never had that before!

I'm sorry to say but this game don't deserve the price of 35euro to pay for it. This because the pallet of sounds is poor, don't have the real name of leagues, don't have the real sigle of teams, so we must download all of this...it's a shame. Sorry for my english

With the release of the game and then the patch, should I start a new game, or is it okay to continue my demo save (I don't yet have the game)? I don't know if changes are fully retroactive so that there's no difference between a demo and a new game or not. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.