Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

FML

Got a 40 million bid for cavani from city, declined, and then he got a 6 months injury!:'(

Hi Williams, What prematch training do you use. Do you tweek any of the players specific tactics or just stick with the system ones.

For match preparation at the start of the season i have it at High level and when tactic familiarity get full i set it to average. I focus on attacking set pieces as i base my tactic around Carroll. i set all the players specific tactics at the start of a season as i stick with 1 tactic and then adjust to make it work but main changes are to FB/Wingers crossing to Carroll, cross often hug touchline aim is target man and then to go with that i make sure the team focus down the wings.

I'm coming to the end of my 3rd season. Agger is now rated as a 2.5 star player and I would like to replace him. I have Kjaer who is 3.5 and the likes of Hummels, Otamendi and Vertonghen have been snapped up by the guys I'm playing with. Papadopulous looks good but is very pricey.

Can anyone reccommend any other options? Players that have current ability of 3.5 or above. Coates has potential but even then that potential is only 3 star...

You guys have to listen to this while playing your Liverpool saves :D
[video=youtube;Kcy3gwwxat4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy3gwwxat4[/video]

i'd just stick with Coates if you cant afford Papadopulous. He's an absolute beast on my save and worth 16m mid way into my 2nd season. sold agger after 1st season cos Coates was keeping him out of the squad. Danny Wilson turns out to be a belter too. if all else fails, try Giuseppe Prestia from Palermo. sign hom for £3m at the start of the season so not sure how much he'll cost you in the 3rd.

A poacher, yeah... it's a must buy for a Liverpool save.

Perfect Poacher = Loic Remy.

Signed him for £16.25m in January of the first season from Marseille and in 22 games he scored 15 goals, best buy on this years game.

**** yeah! Carroll - 17 goals 13 games, NO cheating.

EDIT: Wrong picture.

Here's the right one;

View attachment 220203

Ye, i found it quite easy getting the best out of Carroll with corners and wingers. Your training scheme doesnt look very good though the only time i have seen that on my save was when Lucus came back after his 8/9 moth injury.

I really struggle to see the point of using someone else's tactics, isn't the whole point of the game to create your own and build a team ?So my question is why don't you use your own, i don't understand

No.

Its for you to have fun and enjoy it after paying £40 for it.

I bet I could get him scoring more. The corner routine that exploits the match engine is kinda of ridiculous this year. The guy had JT finish as league top goalscorer with 36 goals. Im not doing too bad I have granero taking the corners and vertonghen on the end of them so far he has 8 league goals in 6 league games 8 out of 7 total.
View attachment 221182
Could you imagine what it would be like if it was Adam's 20 corners and Carroll's 17 heading.

Last edited:
I really struggle to see the point of using someone else's tactics, isn't the whole point of the game to create your own and build a team ?

So my question is why don't you use your own, i don't understand

No offence, but who are you to decide how I play my game? I paid for this game with my own money, and I'm well in my right to play it how I see fit.

I struggle at tactics, THAT'S why I am downloading them... Jesus.

What roles and mentality do you use for your team. I struggle to with tactics and use this thread to get help and ideas on what tactics to employ.
I didn't mean to cause offence, I was asking a genuine question which you have answered for me :)

i had the same problem when i started in 10, as i was new i didn't have a clue about downloading tactics,faces,patches etc and i spent alot of time on 2010/2011 trying alot of tactics

the first that worked for me was 4-4-2 diamond with alonso gerrard and torres then that changed to mascerano because xabi left =( then i went through it all again with torres gone and suarez and carroll coming in but i then started with a traditional 4-4-2 with suarez and carroll but didnt really work and that brought me to the current 4-2-3-1 with Reina,Johnson,Enrique,Agger,Skrtel,Adam,Lucas,Suarez,Gerrard,Downing,Carroll which is based around carroll and set pieces.

i just thought that from my experiances that you should try making your own/develop them and that using other would be boring but perhaps im wrong

and as i said i didnt mean to cause offence just wanted to know why.

Well done webb, your two assists look to have helped out. Villas boas how hard is it just tovtell your team to keep hold of tge ball???