Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

It was pretty good, I was yo-yo'ing between 3rd and 4th the whole season. Then with about 5 games to go I was getting the "Liverpool manager close to being sacked" type messages. I thought maybe this years edition had made the media more realistic and speculative, and the sacking rumours were just media rubbish. But no. Last game of the season, away game against 2nd place Man City, I get a draw. Secure 4th place and 1 point off 3rd place. I was very happy and was thinking about the new signings I could make to push onto a title challenge and enjoy playing in the Champions League next season. But no, sacked!

Hmm... Sounds about the same as mine, except I was 1st or 2nd most of the season until about March/April, Where I lost one game after another and finished 4th.

All in all, it sounds very weird. Might be the extra funds you were asking for, honestly I don't know. Sorry mate.

Playing him in AMC role, i'd go for Eriksen, a player that i've not heard anyone give a bad review

This. Christian Eriksen is gonna be class.

i was 6th in march, lost to arsenal and was sacked Saurez had scored 1 in about 20 games.

after i had left the club sold him to chelsea for 19m.

i was 6th in march, lost to arsenal and was sacked Saurez had scored 1 in about 20 games.

after i had left the club sold him to chelsea for 19m.

Hmm... Seems like Suarez really is bad in FM12 . He's scored 11 goals in 31 apps for me.

After a loss to West Brom team seemed to have come to their senses and we have won 5-1, 4-1, 4-1 with the latest a win over Everton hehe.

Changed Match Prep focus to Attacking Movement and Suarez as Trequartista and playmaker, his performances have gone up quite a bit 6 in his last 6.

Also signed this guy Marko Arnautovic for 9m in January and he has become very influential on the right, the team desperately needed some pace.

After a loss to West Brom team seemed to have come to their senses and we have won 5-1, 4-1, 4-1 with the latest a win over Everton hehe.

Changed Match Prep focus to Attacking Movement and Suarez as Trequartista and playmaker, his performances have gone up quite a bit 6 in his last 6.

Also signed this guy Marko Arnautovic for 9m in January and he has become very influential on the right, the team desperately needed some pace.

Yeah I had that too. Until I got 8 injuries in 3 games at the end of the season. Now start of the 2nd season and I get 1-2 injuries every game.

Kinda hard to win games with your reserve players.

Injuries are very annoying I agree Kelly and Aurelio are injured pretty much every time I play them, which isn't often. Had 3 of my front players injured in a single game once all around 3 week+

It was pretty good, I was yo-yo'ing between 3rd and 4th the whole season. Then with about 5 games to go I was getting the "Liverpool manager close to being sacked" type messages. I thought maybe this years edition had made the media more realistic and speculative, and the sacking rumours were just media rubbish. But no. Last game of the season, away game against 2nd place Man City, I get a draw. Secure 4th place and 1 point off 3rd place. I was very happy and was thinking about the new signings I could make to push onto a title challenge and enjoy playing in the Champions League next season. But no, sacked!

Havent been playing the new game long enough yet to explore all the board interaction options, but Im wondering if it would have made a difference if you'd 'asked the board for more time to rebuild the squad' when you started getting the media predictions...??

Havent been playing the new game long enough yet to explore all the board interaction options, but Im wondering if it would have made a difference if you'd 'asked the board for more time to rebuild the squad' when you started getting the media predictions...??

I didn't originally, mate. But after getting sacked the first time I did the unthinkable and reloaded before the last game of the season. Before that game I asked for more time, they agreed that they'd write off the season and expects improvements next season. "Great, thank god for that" I thought, played the last game and drew again. Still sacked me. **** you John Henry you lying yank! I've tried replaying it until I won the last game of the season too, but that didn't help. I think I've just got unlucky so will have to restart the season and try again.

Bellamy and Agger injured on intl. duty. Downing, Agger, Bellamy, Hazard, Gerrard, Cavani, Kelly, Coates and Carragher injured.

The injuries are unreal. I hope they fix that in the next patch.

People, you should play Suarez as a Trequartista. He has scored 24 in 23 so far for me. I have also played him with Carroll as Target Man and due to Gerrard injury I have been playing Shelvey at CM who has been amazing and has even increased his potential rating.

People, you should play Suarez as a Trequartista. He has scored 24 in 23 so far for me. I have also played him with Carroll as Target Man and due to Gerrard injury I have been playing Shelvey at CM who has been amazing and has even increased his potential rating.

Cheers might try that.

Carroll is class in FM12 imo !

I started the game in Dec 2010 by running the brazilian league. Gave me 6 months to get match prep up to scratch, Gerrard was fit at start of season and board gave budget of 50mil in July.

I agree. He has scored a fair few but the assists he has been getting for Suarez are unreal. He always seems to score long-range shots.

Start of the 2nd season so far he's scored 4 in 5 games for me. Not getting many assists but banging in the goals. Which is good in Cavani's absence.

Sacked after getting 4th, even though City and Chelsea got 5th and 8th ;$

Hi, Anyone willing to upload a succesful tactic or a screen shot of the tactics screen showing formation, player roles etc. Really struggling to get my team tactics down. thanks

I am currently in March, am in 5th place 8 points behind spurs. Really struggled at start of season, Suarez has scored 10 in 27.
Carroll has 4 in 12 starts, 13 sub. Really struggling to score. Played 28 and only have 43 goals, all the teams above me have 60 or over. I'm playing with Raikans 4231 formation. Signed Perotti and loaned Afellay. Def in need of a striker, well that's if I don't get sacked!

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Yep been sacked, finished 5th. May have too start again, this time I will get rid of unused players like Maxi and Aurelio.

Wowsers. Are all the sackings related to managers asking for more funds..?

ATM, Im in 1st place beginning of December, 5 points clear of Man Utd. Have been seriously fortunate though (no reloads either, just ****** good luck, and generally good performances against rubbishy teams). Fixture list has been very kind so far, have only played Utd (a very lucky 2-1 at OT, even though we were played off the park), and a 4-0 trouncing of Arsenal at Anfield. Yet to play City, Chelsea, or Tottenham in the league yet though....

Out of the League Cup, knocked out by Spurs in the quarters.

During close season, I bought in Shawcross (who has really played well, stats improving nicely), Moussa Sissoko and John Fleck and de Bruyne, selling off Skrtel, Maxi, Fabio Aurelio and loaning out 4 or 5 reserves. In November the board gave me £35million extra spends though....

Odd things Ive noticed... Suarez has 10 in 10 for me, and a fairly good average rating, but his value has dropped from 19million starting the game to about 13million. Conversely, Lucas, who has an average rating of about 7.25 has rocketed in value from 6.75million to 10.5million! Odd.

Carroll started off on fire, but now hasnt scored in 6 games... I think the season is about to start getting damned hard. Will be interesting to see if I stave off the sacking...

Odd things Ive noticed... Suarez has 10 in 10 for me, and a fairly good average rating, but his value has dropped from 19million starting the game to about 13million.
This is because he's not long been bought in real life, so his value will slowly drop from the paid amount to his actual worth (although a player is generally worth double his actual value on FM).