Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

After a terrible start to the season, I know sit 6th in february. I can't seem to get past City or Spurs despite winning basically every game... Annoys the **** out of me :L

cavani is the key 2 games he's got 4 goals 1 of them in an emphatic win against arsenal away ...

Loaded the brazilian league and began the game in December 2010.
Sold Skertel to Inter in January for 13 mil.
Using the 13 mil, plus the 2 mil you start with, bought shawcross for 15 mil.
bought vrsaljko for 3.3 mil on installments as cover for johnson.
used the time between january and june to get tactics familiarity at highest possible.
Entered summer transfer window, board gave me 40 mil to spend. Bought G. Rossi for 34 mil.
Bought Sanogo for 4.1 mil as cover for first team.
Got J. Dos Santos and Afellay from Barca on season long loans, as cover.

Played 32 games so far, 1st 9 points clear of United.
Rossi has 20 goals so far (league, 30 overall), Suarez and Gerrard both have 15.
Shawcross has the highest average rating in the league.
Danny Wilson has been doing brilliantly (Sold him for £40 mil to Real on my FM11 game)
Won the League Cup
Into the semi final of the FA Cup.

Lineup is:

------Suarez---Rossi------

Downing-----------Afellay (Kuyt out injured, but Afellay is doing well)

------Gerrard---Lucas------

Danny Wilson (trained to LB) --- Agger---Shawcross---Johnson

-----------Reina-----------

Last edited:
Cruising in the CL, and just moved up to 4th in the league after a terrible start to the season. End February now. Just beat Blackpool 1-0 in the FA Cup 5th round.

Cavani is injured, so Carroll is taking his place. Jose Angel has been given a weeks leave, so Robinson is taking his place. And Henderson is doing great in the absence of Gerrard.

This is my current squad:

View attachment 201238

Just started with liverpool
I've only signed André Ayew
Are there some great talents that i should be warned about?!
this is my squad right now
View attachment 201250

Take a look at:

Lucas Moura - Sao Paulo
Vaclav Kadlec - Sparta Prague
Sime Vrsaljko - Dinamo
Mbaye Niang - SM Caen
Christian Eriksen - Ajax

Just to name a few you could look at. They're all gonna be immense later on in the game :)

hmm thanks i will keep those in mind!

Any talents that are already at Liverpool that are interesting?

hi guys im seein a lot of you having good seasons with liverpool .and really need some help . i really sruggle getting the strikers scoring which then end up with me not getting results .

hmm thanks i will keep those in mind!

Any talents that are already at Liverpool that are interesting?

Jonjo Shelvey, John Flanagan and Jack Robinson Are the only real talents I could find in my own youth.

hi guys im seein a lot of you having good seasons with liverpool .and really need some help . i really sruggle getting the strikers scoring which then end up with me not getting results .

Who are you using? Carroll and Suarez? Suarez > Poacher/Trequartista - Carroll > Taget Man - Attack. Works well for me.

Yes mate thats exactly what ive been trying. i just can seem to get a tactic working with liverpool...so frustrating

Yes mate thats exactly what ive been trying. i just can seem to get a tactic working with liverpool...so frustrating

What formation are you using? Any specific tactic you've downloaded, or your own?. Besides, I had a terrible season with Suarez & Carroll upfront. It all started to go well for me when I bought Cavani.

It's been mentioned before in this thread but I too finished 4th and got sacked. One media message but job description was still secure. Didn't ask the board for anything other than feeder clubs which they agreed to. Player morale was good. Apart from FA cup expectations all the confidences were above half way.

Hey guys, was just going to share with you my Liverpool story so far and ask some questions.

I finished by first season with Liverpool playing a 4-3-3 formation. I won the league comfortably, with only 1 defeat (my opening game vs Manchester City) though I was humbled by West Ham and Reading in the FA Cup and League Cup respectively.

Sold Skrtel, Aurelio, Brad Jones to begin with. Got Son Heung Min from HSV on loan with a 20 mil future fee and Thiago on loan from Barcelona with a 15 mil future fee. Brought in Mats Hummels from Dortmund for 20 mil to partner Agger and paid 6.5 mil for Sven Bender also from Dortmund.

I adapted Henderson into playing in the 'Gerrard role' behind the striker- worked a beauty. Played Thiago as a DLP with Lucas as a BWM - averaged almost 70% possession a game with these three. Carroll was utter garbage. Suarez scored 17 goals, while Son managed about 9 or 10. Dirk Kuyt and Stewart Downing on the flanks were superb.

For some reason, Glen Johnson and Steven Gerrard both got horrendous six month injuries and came back 2-star rated players! Does anyone know what to do with that?

Also, the next season transfer window is an absolute *******- trying to get rid of Johnson, Doni, Aquilani, Joe Cole and other shiite players like Adam and Carroll is nearly impossible. Any ideas how to off load them from by budget? Considering that nobody wants them even for FREE?

Iv just started my second season after finishing second and holding onto my job, i dont no wether to sell suarez or carroll, both got around 15 goals in my last season and dirk kuyt got over 20. The board have given me £35 million, any suggestions on some decent strikers who have a decent composure ??

might be a bit expensive, but cavani and rossi are apparently amazing, but i was wandering what role you play kuyt in, he isnt firing as much as i'd like him too

might be a bit expensive, but cavani and rossi are apparently amazing, but i was wandering what role you play kuyt in, he isnt firing as much as i'd like him too

Don't know about Rossi, but Cavani is amazing ! 14 apps 16 goals so far this season, and 40 goals in 49 apps last season for me. Winning !

Regarding Kuyt - Play him Advanced Playmaker - Attack, that worked tremendously for me !

ahh, im just struggling to score at all, so many draws, could you give me any pointers, im really disappointed with this year's squad, and i dont think im using them quite right

I just started playing 2012, and I think I'm doing quite well. Currently at 1st position after 8 games, Suarez also Top scorer with Doumbia in second.

I play a 4-4-2 formation with Downing and Henderson out wide, where both of them are performing quite well. But in the end it all goes down to the striking partnership that is tearing apart teams in the Prem for me. (Still can't get Carroll to work though.)

In the start I sold Kuyt(10m) and Aurelio (2.2m) To get some funds to sign Seydou Doumbia(17.5m) and Sime Vrsijlko(1m) and Tshabalala(325k) as covers for Johnson and Downing respectively.

Last edited:
ah nice, thanks, but i didnt start with any transfers, tried to get it to work but carroll is dirt, no way round it, ive tried a few times to get him to work and it just doesnt :/

ah nice, thanks, but i didnt start with any transfers, tried to get it to work but carroll is dirt, no way round it, ive tried a few times to get him to work and it just doesnt :/

Carroll - Target Man - Attack . Scored 13 goals in 15 apps in the first season for me (give or take a goal)