Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

Second season this is my team. (Back up in brackets).

1st after 4 games

GK - Reina (Brad Jones) ...........sold doni

DR - Johnson (Vrsaljko)............Vrsalijko will over take Johnson in a couple of years
DC - Agger (Skrtel)................Carragher cant get in
DC - Coates (Kelly)...............Coates is looking world class for me
DL - Enrique (Robinson)...........Real Madrid want Robbo!!

MR - Kuyt (Maxi)..............This position will need my attention next year
MC - Gerrard (Adam)..........Gerrard still got it
MC - Lucas (Vass).............Lucas so underated
ML - Hazard (Downing).............. Hazard cost 30mil

ST - Leandro Damiao (Carroll)..........Leandro Damiao 19mil bargain
ST - Suarez (Sanago).................Suarez just like real life. headless chicken has 35 shots a game, scored 15 all season

Got Sanago on a bosman along with that Paloschi fella who used to be a goal machine on FM11

Finished 3rd in first season board gave 51mil in second to challenge for the title which is generous!

I dont know what to do with Henderson, Shelvey, Wilson. Nobody wants Joe Cole or Aquilani.

First game of the season...classic! Suarez & Lucas save the day

!View attachment 200229

Started 4-3-3, changed at 3-1 down, wacked Bellamy on the left for Downing, changed to a 4-4-2 diamond and set to overload. Felt like a God. :D

So is it a generel problem getting sacked if your not able to finish 1st?
I choose "title challenge" at the beginning of the season. Finished 2nd, 1 point behind Man Utd and a good deal ahead of City, Arsenal etc. But without warning and after just signing a new 5 year deal i got booted. Pretty annoying when you´ve build a good squad and designed a working tactic.

Cheers
MrRiber

I finished 3rd, my board confidence was "should be performing slightly better" but I avoided the sack.

I finished 3rd, my board confidence was "should be performing slightly better" but I avoided the sack.

ok, guess i was just unlucky. My board was happy with my peformance and i didn´t get any hints that i was getting fired. Well, now it´s time to find a new club. But it´s not easy as a sunday leaguer and regional reputation.

ok, guess i was just unlucky. My board was happy with my peformance and i didn´t get any hints that i was getting fired. Well, now it´s time to find a new club. But it´s not easy as a sunday leaguer and regional reputation.

The board at Liverpool do seem a bit mean though, they wont upgrade youth facilities or scouting network.

This is a priority for me as I like bringing great regens through and turning yhem into england legends!

Sissoko (Moussa) or M'Vila would be ideal, but I think theyre out of my budget. Oh, to have Masch back....

Signing a new DM was the first thing I did as well - and those were the two players I looked at! :) M'Vila, sadly, is definitely out of your budget - but if you ask the board to sign Sissoko, they tend to go for it, and haul him in for 10.5 mil :D he's been great for me, both as a destroyer and a passer.

They did for me 3 million next season on youth development.

Finished 5th in my first season & won the FA Cup.

Didn't get sacked, they actually gave me a new contract :O

Spent all my budget for the summer on Tevez. 2 games in he's got 2 goals and been MotM for both.

Sanogo is the only other player i've brought in. I'm trying to focus on promoting the likes of Sterling, Suso, Shelvey, Coady, Wilson, Coates, Robinson, Flanagan, Kelly and Spearing. Suso is improving the most, I reckon he'll become a beast of a playmaker!

i finished 4th and won FA cup in first season, 2nd season finished 4th an won champions league. starting 3rd season now. My team is: Reina

Johnson Agger Cahill Enrique

Palombo
Sissoko Hamsik
Cavani Hazard
Tevez

Subs: Wilson, mbinga yara, coates, Gerrard, marko marin, granero, suarez.

Cant get rid of aqualini or joe cole either. will have to wait until their contract expires next season. Im gettin into debt though because i bought Hazard an cavani on monthly installments.

What ye think of my team ???

DR - Johnson (Vrsaljko)............Vrsalijko will over take Johnson in a couple of years

ST - Suarez (Sanago).................Suarez just like real life. headless chicken has 35 shots a game, scored 15 all season

when did you get damiao in.

So i tried again.

sold aurelio, maxi, jones, skrtel & managed to buy cavani.

Finished 2nd and won FA cup, League Cup in first season.

Bought Tevez, angel di maria and hoilett for the 2nd season. Here's hoping for a great season!

My experience has been that the team is awesome, i play with no transfer budgets in the first window and ended up winning the league with 96 pts ( my best ever in premiership ). Suarez scored 35 in league and Kuyt bagged 25. No idea what to do with Carroll to make him score but the team can play really sweet attacking football without him. I got knocked out in both cups fielding weakened teams.

Going into 2nd season I know I'll need more pace at the back and some reinforcements all round because of the extra games but the base i really solid at game start.

I will say that Suarez and Downing were the key players and if either was injured it would be far harder.

just Won the League in First Season

Got Goal Machine Luis Suarez 40 League Goals

suarezrj.jpg

Im currently 2 points behind man u with 2 games to go in the first season.. knocked out of both cups (using mostly youngsters)
Signings have been: Emre Can, Acahcbar(SP) and Joel Valencia. Carroll cant seem to score so dont give him games, hope I dont get sacked!

This is because he's not long been bought in real life, so his value will slowly drop from the paid amount to his actual worth (although a player is generally worth double his actual value on FM).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd go along with it were it not for the fact that my Andy Carroll is still worth £35m....!!

when did you get damiao in.

At the start of the second season. They wanted 27mil for him but got them down to 19.

Currently hes got 15 goals from 16 games all comps.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

To Chris22,

How do you get Suarez real face and a fancy background?

Despite me creating this thread, I'm only just starting a save as Liverpool, so I'll probably be posting in here more often now, as I'll no doubt use this thread to show you all how I'm getting on..

I'm going with a 4-2-3-1 tactic.

what formation did you use, dont mind about specifics in your tactics, struggling to get a formation that works well