Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

every player should have a face and every team a normal team logo.

also agree with the option to tick the player when creating a database so you make sure hes in your game.

Unfortunately EA and everyones beloved FIFA have spoiled that dream for anyone who likes real football games like PES and FM.

Comparing staff! I can't believe how can they miss this.

Adding new "attributes" - like I don't know.. Professionalism.
and it will be in news like: "Ronaldinho caught dancing in the bar in 3h in the morning.." and then his Professionalism will be reduced to for example 6.
Also it can be high (17,18,19,20) for some players who are always there to work and train and never be troublemakers...

It's complicated, isn't it? :D

Adding new "attributes" - like I don't know.. Professionalism.
and it will be in news like: "Ronaldinho caught dancing in the bar in 3h in the morning.." and then his Professionalism will be reduced to for example 6.
Also it can be high (17,18,19,20) for some players who are always there to work and train and never be troublemakers...

It's complicated, isn't it? :D

Theres already a professionalism attribute, its a hidden attribute visible in the editor, it goes towards constructing a players personality, eg Giggs is regarded as a model professional whereas Balotelli is probably volatile or controversial or similar.

i be happy if there is no crash dumps since the new update so far so good :)

i think the 3d match graphics need to be improved what do you think?

Thing I would not like to see in FM 2012 : BUGS :)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

i think the 3d match graphics need to be improved what do you think?

I think they should remove the 3d view. It's so not useful, the primary idea of FM was to put you in a manager role , to see and do what RL managers do (they at least wanted to do a video game that is similar to the managers life) . And my point is : we don't need 3d graphics.. I think that 2012 or latest versions of FM should look up to earlier stages of the game. Remeber FM 2005 ? FTW !:wub:

I don't think so.
I love this 3d, what you want to improve??
There is always room to improve this aspect... You don't have very high standards... ;)

I would like to see dynamic rivalries now that we have dynamic league reputation. What I mean is the ferocity of rivalries should change depending on factors such as proximity, league ect. So if a lower team manages to get promoted a few times, another local team that may have not considered the lower team a rival before, now would.

Also the ability to construct our manager's history would be nice. A bit of role playing in FM :D

More options when communicating with a player. Also stop them getting ****** off so easily when i tell them they've had a great game and they disagree and then want to leave the club, its stupid.

Sigh, it appears it's that time already, the new game has hardly been out long enough to explore it fully, but it seems people already want to improve things.

Renamed.

Yeah it's a bit early

I don't know exactly how things work at SI but I do have some experience working with a software development company and it can be quite a long process. I wouldn't be surprised if the major new features for FM12 are decided a few weeks after the last patch is out. That 's just two months away so it isn't too early for suggestions relating some major changes.

Hi,

Just a quick topic which has had me thinking and may well exist already in FM2011.

In example, the new owners at Blackburn after buying the club had a sit down with Sam Allardyce to discuss the clubs future. I'm not sure whether this exists because I'm stubbling through my first save as reading and only a season and a half through! I think it would be a good addition on a number of levels.

1) Applying for a new job, you're asked to an interview and asked relevant questions from the board i.e. why do you want to come here? What style of football are you planning? What are your asprirations? etc. Then if they decide to employ you, your expectations and budgets are calculated from this.

2)When your approaching a new contract or when you are in a precarious position. I.e. What are you going to change? Why have you failed? and again What are your aspirations?

3) Similar to the above but when a new owner has taken charge, they can arrange a sit down which ultimately makes the decision whether to keep you on or keep you on a trial etc. It would also be good for the user to have to look into the personaility of the owners and decide you need to change your style in order to match their opinions.

What do you guys reckon?

Last edited:

Creat a stadium
Creat your own tactics like Championship manager

Thing I would not like to see in FM 2012 : BUGS :)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I think they should remove the 3d view. It's so not useful, the primary idea of FM was to put you in a manager role , to see and do what RL managers do (they at least wanted to do a video game that is similar to the managers life) . And my point is : we don't need 3d graphics.. I think that 2012 or latest versions of FM should look up to earlier stages of the game. Remeber FM 2005 ? FTW !:wub:

I forgot managers can only see in 2D :|

I forgot managers can only see in 2D :|

Its a terrible condition where all they see is a text commentary of everything that happens in their lives. Very sad.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Hi,

Just a quick topic which has had me thinking and may well exist already in FM2011.

In example, the new owners at Blackburn after buying the club had a sit down with Sam Allardyce to discuss the clubs future. I'm not sure whether this exists because I'm stubbling through my first save as reading and only a season and a half through! I think it would be a good addition on a number of levels.

1) Applying for a new job, you're asked to an interview and asked relevant questions from the board i.e. why do you want to come here? What style of football are you planning? What are your asprirations? etc. Then if they decide to employ you, your expectations and budgets are calculated from this.

2)When your approaching a new contract or when you are in a precarious position. I.e. What are you going to change? Why have you failed? and again What are your aspirations?

3) Similar to the above but when a new owner has taken charge, they can arrange a sit down which ultimately makes the decision whether to keep you on or keep you on a trial etc. It would also be good for the user to have to look into the personaility of the owners and decide you need to change your style in order to match their opinions.

What do you guys reckon?

I like the idea of interviews for new jobs and sitting down with chairmen etc.

Making the defending more realistic. Watching my team defend just makes me want to hit something. No matter what defenders I have.

More options when communicating with a player. Also stop them getting ****** off so easily when i tell them they've had a great game and they disagree and then want to leave the club, its stupid.
yes!! And maybe an option when I communicating with him, to write answers on my own - same like in press conferences when you write what you want