Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Thing I would not like to see in FM 2012 : BUGS :)

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I think they should remove the 3d view. It's so not useful, the primary idea of FM was to put you in a manager role , to see and do what RL managers do (they at least wanted to do a video game that is similar to the managers life) . And my point is : we don't need 3d graphics.. I think that 2012 or latest versions of FM should look up to earlier stages of the game. Remeber FM 2005 ? FTW !:wub:
1. There will always be bugs. People need to accept that fact. ;)
2. You are one of those strange people that insist on watching the game in 2D arne't you? Well, you are a dying bread my friend. How is it 'not useful' or not 'what RL managers do'? In real life, managers go to their matches, and I don't know about you, but they look pretty 3D to me...

Hi,

Just a quick topic which has had me thinking and may well exist already in FM2011.

In example, the new owners at Blackburn after buying the club had a sit down with Sam Allardyce to discuss the clubs future. I'm not sure whether this exists because I'm stubbling through my first save as reading and only a season and a half through! I think it would be a good addition on a number of levels.

1) Applying for a new job, you're asked to an interview and asked relevant questions from the board i.e. why do you want to come here? What style of football are you planning? What are your asprirations? etc. Then if they decide to employ you, your expectations and budgets are calculated from this.

2)When your approaching a new contract or when you are in a precarious position. I.e. What are you going to change? Why have you failed? and again What are your aspirations?

3) Similar to the above but when a new owner has taken charge, they can arrange a sit down which ultimately makes the decision whether to keep you on or keep you on a trial etc. It would also be good for the user to have to look into the personaility of the owners and decide you need to change your style in order to match their opinions.

What do you guys reckon?

I like these ideas.

Maybe you should only be allowed to view the match from the bench or tactical area just like managers in real life.

Maybe you should only be allowed to view the match from the bench or tactical area just like managers in real life.

Big Sam (and others) watch from the stands for much of the game using technology to communicate with the staff on the bench, who then give the manager's instructions to the players on the pitch...

I always use 'elevated' (ala Big Sam) but would utilise a 'bench' view too (if we had one)

1. Obviously some advancements to in-game graphics / new player animations.

2. A more dynamic player database, each player's potential uniquely moderated for each game-state effectively making each game unique. As it stands the longer you play the less fresh the game is because everyone knows the gun players who to buy for dirt cheap ect all the teams end up looking similar a few years on.

There is always room to improve this aspect... You don't have very high standards... ;)

I would like to see dynamic rivalries now that we have dynamic league reputation. What I mean is the ferocity of rivalries should change depending on factors such as proximity, league ect. So if a lower team manages to get promoted a few times, another local team that may have not considered the lower team a rival before, now would.

That is already in the game. I've done done it once. Took a lot of **** talking and competitive matches, but I did it.

I'd like to see a 7 star sytem so that the distinction between potentials is greater. E.G, You've got Fabregas in your team, one of the best MC's in the world, a real stand out talent, and yet there are loads of players who could potentially be as good. This makes no sense, as very few can. I think 7 stars would make the differentiation that much greater, but not so great that you wouldn't have a punt on the player in question. I dread to think the amount of players you could buy before being 16 because potential has said a similar level to Fabregas, but ends up pants!

Leeds United - Information - History - Npower Championship winners 2011

tbh thats what i want to see!

1. There will always be bugs. People need to accept that fact. ;)
2. You are one of those strange people that insist on watching the game in 2D arne't you? Well, you are a dying bread my friend. How is it 'not useful' or not 'what RL managers do'? In real life, managers go to their matches, and I don't know about you, but they look pretty 3D to me...
I did use 2d on FM09, and 10- Just recently changed to 3d on FM11, and its amazing!
Getting rid of 2D Would be terrible..

as someone else said.i would like to say what i want to players.
also.when a player makes a mistake it doesn't look real does it

what i would like in FM12 is a contract to sign where you have to play the game for at least 6 months before you start suggesting changes to it.

id love to se that when you are preparing a tactic for the match you can put a pleyer where ever you want!!! not in that fields!!! and that you can have a private life to spend a money that you earn in the game and some small corerctions in press, players and board talking!

A stat for Power would be quite nice (as in shot or pass power). Agreed on the comparing staff idea, and also I'd like to see more realistic transfer fees :)

I'd love to see positioning of players become more in depth. By this I meant having the option to select when defending which direction the players' movements should be focused to, and same thing when attacking. It would allow for a lot more realistic tactics. Think of zonalmarking's diagrams with the arrows. something like that.

So who do you think will win the Champions League in 2013 ?

id like to see some sexy cheerleaders on the pitch at half time :p also when a playa isnt happy at being subbed he kicks a water bottle towards the dugout when hes coming off :D

dancing chicken (lol) ur idea is good n i for one would love to see more improvements in match day graphics and also sounds at some point but so i heard SI prefer to spend more time on actual functions of the game rather than these,also unless ur gunna submit this thread to SI themselves non off these suggestions will be taken into account and even if u did probably not either,im quite happy with the improvements been made this yr apart from seeing endless threads about game crashes n patch problems which is a priority to get sorted than anything else

Last edited:
what i would like in FM12 is a contract to sign where you have to play the game for at least 6 months before you start suggesting changes to it.

Whats the problem with suggesting some improvements for future FM series? Even after a week you will still have 'pie in the sky' ideas which you think would be great to see?!

I don't see a problem as long as people aren't criticising or suggesting things already in the game?

Woop mind the question marks.

tours to increase morale with things like vists to zoos and lessons on local culture

I would like the game to be more realistic. You don't shoot 5 one on one chances off target. You don't miss chances just because you play for a "small club"

I think they should remove the 3d view.

Why remove 3D view? That would hardly be an improvement, it is there as an option for the many people who requested it, if you don't like it, switch to classic view. Simples;)