Football Manager 2012 Pre Order - Price Comparison

Steam. Or FM-Base.
Thanks. Maybe you can answer my question though. My brothers use 2 different laptops and I'm on a PC. If I downloaded off here,would they be able to use it aswell? Trying to get it as cheap as possible

Thanks. Maybe you can answer my question though. My brothers use 2 different laptops and I'm on a PC. If I downloaded off here,would they be able to use it aswell? Trying to get it as cheap as possible

I did answer your question. The only way to gaurantee the game is available to you by Friday is a digital download.

In previous years, multiple users could play the same copy of the game. The Redrup brothers on FM-Base were famous exploiters. One player uses the disc version while the other registers the steam code in the box and plays via steam.

This year everyone has to register via steam so i'm guessing that option won't be available. For multiple users to play, you will have to share a steam account, but only one player will be able to sign into steam at a time.
There may be a way around that problem too though. Sign into steam and launch the game, then set steam to offline mode and continue playing, in theory someone else could then sign into steam on the same account from a different computer and do the same thing.

I did answer your question. The only way to gaurantee the game is available to you by Friday is a digital download.

In previous years, multiple users could play the same copy of the game. The Redrup brothers on FM-Base were famous exploiters. One player uses the disc version while the other registers the steam code in the box and plays via steam.

This year everyone has to register via steam so i'm guessing that option won't be available. For multiple users to play, you will have to share a steam account, but only one player will be able to sign into steam at a time.
There may be a way around that problem too though. Sign into steam and launch the game, then set steam to offline mode and continue playing, in theory someone else could then sign into steam on the same account from a different computer and do the same thing.
Cheers mate,knew you answered my initial question,I then followed that up with another,my fault.
Anyway,you say that if I bought from FM Base my brother and I could both use,one on PC and one on laptop?

Cheers mate,knew you answered my initial question,I then followed that up with another,my fault.
Anyway,you say that if I bought from FM Base my brother and I could both use,one on PC and one on laptop?

Buying from FM-Base is just buying a code for steam, but we are cheaper than steam if you use the 10% code in the email Sean sent everyone. I stress that the multiple users on steam MAY work, i cant confirm it either way. In theory the going inot offline mthod should work, but SI may insist on greater safeguards, i just don't know.

If you 3 are content to play FM at different times then sharing a steam account will mean all 3 of you can play the game, just not at the same time.

But the disk version will allow me to play offline and with Steam as before?

But the disk version will allow me to play offline and with Steam as before?

No, because every copy of the game has to be registered and activated via steam this year, regardless of whether it is a digital download or a disc.

No, because every copy of the game has to be registered and activated via steam this year, regardless of whether it is a digital download or a disc.
Ok mate,thanks a bunch. Think I'll buy via FM Base

Sorry if this is a daft question or already been answered, say a copy if purchased direct from steam and my hard drive has a full breakdown, with no hard copy (disc) to reinstall does steam hold a purchase record to reinstall or redownload? or am i gettin the premise all wrong.... wouldnt i be better having a disc copy in case?

Sorry if this is a daft question or already been answered, say a copy if purchased direct from steam
and my hard drive has a full breakdown, with no hard copy (disc) to reinstall does steam hold a purchase record to reinstall or redownload? or am i gettin the premise all wrong.... wouldnt i be better having a disc copy in case?

Once a game has been registered to your Steam account you can re-download it as often as you want and on as many computers as you want :)

im guessing if you purchase the disc version install via steam you still have to put the disc in every time you play?

also say i buy the disc version use the code then decide to sell the game (i know i would never do that :p) how would the new owner be able to play if the code is already linked to my account? can you just buy/download codes?

im guessing if you purchase the disc version install via steam you still have to put the disc in every time you play?

also say i buy the disc version use the code then decide to sell the game (i know i would never do that :p) how would the new owner be able to play if the code is already linked to my account? can you just buy/download codes?

No. Once installed, and activated via steam the files are downloaded. Don't know if you can buy the codes, but it's not worth the risk. Was going to buy the key for World of Warcraft for the kid, but read about scams, codes already used....not worth the risk. Though it is legal I wouldn't risk it.

Edit-****. been zoomed

got an email there from them at 5:02pm and they said my game has been dispatched over the last 24 hours. The company is in the uk somewhere. Is there any chance that i'd get the game by friday? in Ireland btw

Ok, im confused. Lets say i downloaded game through steam ( full game). Can I play it even if i'm not connected to internet ?