Football Manager 2012; Who you going to be?

You going to buy Football Manager 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe going to go Monaco or Sampdoria and try getting them promoted back to the top leagues and of course win something.
Or go PSG and Malaga respectively now that they have megabucks and conquer the domestic scene and europe.
Elsewhere, I fancy taking on Feyenoord and trying to rebuild them like their former selves or try a shot at Hertha BSC now that they are back in the Bundesliga. Roll on FM'2012!!!!! :D

in an earlier post on here i said i was going to be Arsenal and Leicester, think i will do the other way round now and do a Leicester save first. :)

athletic bilbao :) have to manage them they are the most fun team in the game

Real madrid to get used to the game and then Anzhi since i'v always wanted to manage Eto'o.

Aston Villa.

Then probably a lower league team, Huddersfield or something. Then I'll do my usual and use the 'Pick a league and club for me' option.

I'll start with my beloved Leeds United then maybe Anzhi or Malaga before a Journeyman save and a save with an obsure national side :)

After two consecutive years making stories managing Burgos, even if this year's not got my main attention, it would be tiring (already was) to make again a Burgos save.

Trying to take over Dexther's story would not be a good idea. Once it ends in FM11 it will be over for good.

Sampdoria and Monaco would be interesting choices, starting a bit higher than I use to, which would bring closer the chance of fighting for Europe. But then, they're teams that just got relegated, hence high favourites to go up and possibly among the richest in their division, which would mean the first season and the adapting to promotion might be less of a challenge.

It would be a good game to take Nottingham Forest, but I imagine there's many like that so that wouldn't go to a story.

Taking Málaga, while it has the thing about just got rich, let's see if they can be brought to the top quickly, is a top division team and I enjoy taking a team to promotion.

I think the choices for a story here would be among:

- Burgos, that being now in 2ªB would not be that far from La Liga. Big con: again.

- Sampdoria.

- Monaco, because I've never managed France yet.

- Since I've neither managed Germany, some second division german team that sounds good.

- A career starting unemployed. Perhaps create a female manager to show off if there's any serious difference, for example, in machism exisiting beyond a mere couple of questions about it during the first press conference. Can it happen some managers disregard a team's chances because their manager is a woman? May a player reject recommendations or signing because they won't accept being ordered by a woman?. Will the mood options limited to semihysterical if in that moment? Will there be a flirt option in player/manager interaction? But I seriously doubt there will be any real difference, we know if they take in consideration some managers/players may be jerks with problems about dealing with women the antigaming jerks would jump on it accusing it of endorsing that as valid behavior. And if there's no difference, there's little incentive to making a female manager, so just a career with male.

One to be my main game for a story and a secondary with whatever strikes my fancy.

Well if someone creates a Scottish four tier league with 20 teams each I will create my own team in the third division with no history and build them up from there.

First off I'm going Liverpool as always. Then I think i'll give Malaga or PSG a go due to their sugar daddies, could be interesting.

first with Barca, like always, and then will try to get west ham back to the premier league

Im probably going to start with either Liverpool or Brighton. Havent decided which yet :)

Everton, Barcelona and Ajax. I will have a go with Manchester City as you do

I'm ***** at the game, so I stick with Man Utd and I usually prawn and try and reach my goal of buying back Ronaldo! LOL JK If I want to test myself I might go for a mid table side who have got some new good signing, so in advance any reccomendations?

I'm ***** at the game, so I stick with Man Utd and I usually prawn and try and reach my goal of buying back Ronaldo! LOL JK If I want to test myself I might go for a mid table side who have got some new good signing, so in advance any reccomendations?

May be worth giving Sunderland a shot.

Actually Im quite interested in a few teams: Manchester United, L'pool, Atletico Madrid annnnddd Malaga

CSKA Moscow
Anzhi should make it interesting

Probably gonna end up doing a Fiorentina run too (as I always seem to do)