Football Manager 2014 - 14.3 patch

Greater frustration is that although this patch has improved the ME, there are still several issues to be fixed:

a) GKs still do stupid things
b) Short corners are no short corners at all because the player stands near the penalty box, which leaves him to be man-marked
c) Strikers still come close when there's a throw-in
d) Wingers and FBs are still unaware of their opponents, rarely they close down
e) lots of crosses hitting the bars

After almost 6 months and almost half the way to a new FM edition, it's not a good FM14. Then, bugs apart, there's the discussion about tactical options and missing basics. Completly nonsense:

a) After so many years, yellow cards for time wasting are still missing (a basic thing of football)
b) After so many years, SI still doesn't know that any manager motivates his players from the bench (another basic thing of football)
c) After so many years, the game is lacking defensive options (any team works their defensive process and their offensive process, another basic)
d) With this new edition, micro-management is completly screwed (not talking about sliders but it's funny how real life managers work this way). A good example, you either tell your team to be more expressive or more disciplined, but I guess calling a player apart and telling him "look, I need you to have less / more freedom" it's not something that any manager does.

Very, very disappointing but it's no worth posting this at SI's forum because the mods will impose a ban.

I could not agree more, it's ****** awful....yet I'm just loading it up now...Aaaggh

Somehow managed to get "parked the tank" 10 cleansheets in a row....I'm not sure if that was possible on the last patch??

i had the 20 cleans with the new patch. Hard to score, but also hard to concede

20!!!?? NICE!!

11th match I conceded.....corner meh!

Conceded in a disgraceful heading from my CB to my Gk with the opponent striker in the middle, that scored with the head... funny to watch btw, and completely normal, since it happens very rarely and it was the 3rd mistake in the season.

I'm the opposite! Scoring lots but also conceding lots. How do you guys line up defensively?

Everyone has their own views on the game, mine is that it's nerfed.

My old tactic would dominate the game with passes,possession, positioning, shots, CCC's, half chances, tackles, headers lose 1-0 to their only shot on target.

My new tactic does none of the above, is very exposed on the wings, I can have less possession, less shots, the other team can have like 5 CCC's ....result was 10 clean sheets in a row.

wtf?

Greater frustration is that although this patch has improved the ME, there are still several issues to be fixed:

a) GKs still do stupid things
b) Short corners are no short corners at all because the player stands near the penalty box, which leaves him to be man-marked
c) Strikers still come close when there's a throw-in
d) Wingers and FBs are still unaware of their opponents, rarely they close down
e) lots of crosses hitting the bars

After almost 6 months and almost half the way to a new FM edition, it's not a good FM14. Then, bugs apart, there's the discussion about tactical options and missing basics. Completly nonsense:

a) After so many years, yellow cards for time wasting are still missing (a basic thing of football)
b) After so many years, SI still doesn't know that any manager motivates his players from the bench (another basic thing of football)
c) After so many years, the game is lacking defensive options (any team works their defensive process and their offensive process, another basic)
d) With this new edition, micro-management is completly screwed (not talking about sliders but it's funny how real life managers work this way). A good example, you either tell your team to be more expressive or more disciplined, but I guess calling a player apart and telling him "look, I need you to have less / more freedom" it's not something that any manager does.

Very, very disappointing but it's no worth posting this at SI's forum because the mods will impose a ban.

on my save De Gea is awesome (in last patch he ,ok all my keepers, was really bad...lie 6,6 -6,8,now 7,1-7,2) so that is fixed for me,defence is ok..closing down is bad all the time (i want more aggressive closing down) adn i hate that **** called "he didnt mean that"...alot of that ****...but its playable,for now

is the "berardi thing" fix? can someone help me with berardi and pogba screenshots at the start of the game? would really appreciate it. thanks,

on my save De Gea is awesome (in last patch he ,ok all my keepers, was really bad...lie 6,6 -6,8,now 7,1-7,2) so that is fixed for me,defence is ok..closing down is bad all the time (i want more aggressive closing down) adn i hate that **** called "he didnt mean that"...alot of that ****...but its playable,for now

De gea got man of the match. 1st time any gk has done that for me since the game came out.

I don't think so. FM13 had its version 13.3. patched 3 times until 13.3.3. Considering there are still issues to be fixed, I would expect one or two more patches during this month.

I just had Gerrard take a penalty and smash it into the net but only for the commentary to say he's smashed it over the bar then it came up with on the match stats saying gerrard missed the penalty? and for the referee to be watching the penalty from the other side of the pitch? quite funny really haha

The AI GK needs a nerf and some random passing and decision bugs need ironing out. One those are done I think 99% of frustrations (like the ones I have) with the game will disappear.

I just had Gerrard take a penalty and smash it into the net but only for the commentary to say he's smashed it over the bar then it came up with on the match stats saying gerrard missed the penalty? and for the referee to be watching the penalty from the other side of the pitch? quite funny really haha

This happened to me!!!