Football Manager 2014 - 14.3 patch

My board confidence has reset to stable prior to new season starting since New update has been applied. It hadn't reset for the previous 3.seasons and I was untouchable. Is it going to reset at start of every season now because if it is, then that is bollocks.

14.3 match engine seems as unfair as ever, if not more so.

First four matches as Valencia in second season: CCCs and half chances running to double figures and either drawing or losing 1-0 to bog-standard teams. Balls pinging off players whose backs are turned, goalkeepers resembling spider-man, defenders blocking everything, IFs unable to shoot straight, ball and posts appear to be magnetised. Using variant of attached tactic.

Went out of Champions League in 4th place playoffs to Lorient (yes, the mighty Lorient), on penalties, after rattling all kinds of woodwork and seeing my forward line miss about five sitters. Utterly frustrated and considering uninstalling this game.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
for me the biggest problems on this patch are the injurys really highly overpowered and the match schedule literally every midweek game 48 hours gap only IN THE 1ST SEASON its an absoulte joke in december i had to play 3 games in 6 days

plus points strikers actually score more goals rvp has 21 starts 18 goals for me and the all round play is alot better no need to keep on changing formation either a home formation & away formation that u stick to and u actually do get results on a whole im loving the game but them 2 points really frustrate me

Trying to sign Kevin Volland (cos he's great) and he's not interested with negotiating with me - Liverpool. Odd.

Volland has never wanted to sign with me. And I've won the Champions Cup two times now. Guess he just hates Liverpool!! LOL. If I were you, I'd look into Benteke and Berardi. Great young talents for the ST position. If you want an AML, Lorenzo Insigne is also top notch.

After finding out how consistency actually works in this game, I don't care if a beast regen has 1 consistency anymore.

How does it work then? I feel I've always struggled to get inconsistent players performing consistently, but I guess that in some cases at least it might just be that I take a lot more note of player performing inconsistently when I know his consistency rating is poor.

Volland has never wanted to sign with me. And I've won the Champions Cup two times now. Guess he just hates Liverpool!! LOL. If I were you, I'd look into Benteke and Berardi. Great young talents for the ST position. If you want an AML, Lorenzo Insigne is also top notch.

signed him now :p

after this patch i get 3-4 players injured everygame....

How does it work then? I feel I've always struggled to get inconsistent players performing consistently, but I guess that in some cases at least it might just be that I take a lot more note of player performing inconsistently when I know his consistency rating is poor.

It still works, as in a player with higher consistency will be more consistent. But, basically a player cannot play at their CA every game (which is realistic) and therefore, players with higher in game consistency are more likely to play a match at their CA and will do so more often (obviously). If it's low it doesn't mean the player will have a poor game regularly it just means he is less likely to play at his CA. Which in turn means he could potentially (unlikely) play a whole campaign at 80% and if he's a beast that'll do just fine for me lol.

Not entirely sure this is correct, can't remember where I read it. Can someone please clarify or correct if I've been spouting nonsense.

What is the best system of corners and free kicks in 14.3?

I had the game freeze on me twice since this update and the only way to solve this was to restart my laptop, really annoying as last time it happened was during a game on the 87th minute against Arsenal and I was hammering them 4-0

Congrats to sigames! You've managed to ruin a once loved game and produce one big random buggy mess :/

new patch

man utd

most of stuff was fixed,no more stupid corner goals,no more bad first touch,defense AND KEEPER are solid,my corners goals are reduced too witch is ok i guess AND NO MORE LONG SHOTS!!
only thing that stay is ccc misses,but it was visible in first 5-6 games , or rooney and persie are not so good...

i dont know,game now look playable (it was before patch too,but then it was little bit too much frustated to play it)

and no more losing with 25-1 shoots

ps.only thing that i truly miss are some nice long shot goals...:-(

It still works, as in a player with higher consistency will be more consistent. But, basically a player cannot play at their CA every game (which is realistic) and therefore, players with higher in game consistency are more likely to play a match at their CA and will do so more often (obviously). If it's low it doesn't mean the player will have a poor game regularly it just means he is less likely to play at his CA. Which in turn means he could potentially (unlikely) play a whole campaign at 80% and if he's a beast that'll do just fine for me lol.

Not entirely sure this is correct, can't remember where I read it. Can someone please clarify or correct if I've been spouting nonsense.

Yeah, that sounds about right and is just what I thought it was. For me, it's an important attribute. Maybe not so much for the "beasts", but one that can make or break a squad player.

the new patch & realnamefix

What bothers me most with the new patch is I haven?t figured out how to get this particular problem overwith, anybody got any tips to this here cause I?m stumped o_O :-/

What bothers me most with the new patch is I haven?t figured out how to get this particular problem overwith, anybody got any tips to this here cause I?m stumped o_O :-/

Yeah, go get the germany fix over at sortitoutsi, and follow hte guide,

That's correct.

Somehow managed to get "parked the tank" 10 cleansheets in a row....I'm not sure if that was possible on the last patch??

this game is so messed up... its completely ridiculous that i win one game with 5-0 to lose the very next game with the same tactic and squad against a much weaker opponent with 7-1. In what real world is that possible. like Barca beating real madrid with 5-0 to lose with 7-1 against Herucles aliciante... the balance has disapeared entirely