Football Manager 2014 - 14.3 patch

Anyone else noticed how much the keeper catches it then takes it out for a corner kick, it's not just my keeper AIs too might just be me though

Yes, happened to me consistently roughly once a game, both with my own keeper and the opponent.

Anyone else seen a decrease in the amount of shots that go miles wide/over?

Anyone else seen a decrease in the amount of shots that go miles wide/over?

Not from RVP and Mata, they both score decent amounts for me, but they get less than 20% of their shots on target... And most of those chances are from in the box :mad:

so a problem that has been told to si from october they said they was going to fix it and still not fixed where games r crashing after full time an absolute joke of a company just ruined my capital one cup triumph over arsenal ****** me right off

It did decrease the frustrating ME flaws from the previous patches, but of course its created a ridiculous amount of injuries. I loaned Maxi Moralez from Atlanta, and the following day after the window closes he breaks his leg and is sidelined for approximately 5-6 months...

Is anyone having trouble with poacher-type players not scoring?

I have a couple players in league two who should be banging in goals for fun, and to be fair they do, but only if I play them out wide? If I play them as a poacher they get a number of one on one and just smack them straight at the keeper!

Try playing them as a complete forward, it may help, but that was happening to me since FM14 was released, i had RVP as a poacher, misses clear cuts for fun!

8 yellow cards in 1 match is a new record for me.

Hassle opponents = foul opponents
stay on feet = keep trying two footed tackles from behind on players who are standing still
ease off tackles = nothing

This. So much this. Stay on Feet results in more fouls instead of less. Pressing is also useless.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

not sure, if it's a bug or just me doing something wrong: everytime i get the reports of the next opponent and want to change training focus in the report window nothing really happens. still the same focus, so i always have to manually change it in the trainig section.
Check on staff Responsibilities tab & make sure you dont have the assistant manager enabled to set the focus or he will change all your settings.

This. So much this. Stay on Feet results in more fouls instead of less. Pressing is also useless.

Tbf I was raging at that point!
Was unbeaten in about 45 games then new patch and bam I'm useless again.

1 of the changes was something like "less stupid passes from goal keeper " but I'm now seeing this almost every match, where I didn't notice an issue before?

I can not do anything to stop slide tackles even with stay on feet selected and ease off tackles?

hassle opponents makes my cbs rush out like headless chickens even with close down less is selected?

other than that it's not too bad.

Tbf I was raging at that point!
Was unbeaten in about 45 games then new patch and bam I'm useless again.

1 of the changes was something like "less stupid passes from goal keeper " but I'm now seeing this almost every match, where I didn't notice an issue before?

I can not do anything to stop slide tackles even with stay on feet selected and ease off tackles?

hassle opponents makes my cbs rush out like headless chickens even with close down less is selected?

other than that it's not too bad.

I'm still a bit scared to update after reading "improvement in AI GK", heh. I usually play with low block and have a tall player receiving ball upfield instead of distribute to defenders.

and Mitrovic has his PA reduced drastically to 143. ****. is he gone that bad IRL? i guess the beast is gone now? which players are a hit in your saves aside the obvious Januzaj, etc?

I'm still a bit scared to update after reading "improvement in AI GK", heh. I usually play with low block and have a tall player receiving ball upfield instead of distribute to defenders.

I have small/quick strikers and unfortunately there is no option for me to give my goalkeeper a brain, so if I don't select pass short he will continuously hoof it up to my midget striker who would need a ladder to win the header.

also I've noticed that higher/much higher d line doesn't seem to work with distribute to defenders...but how stupid are these people...I want the d line to push up when I have the ball not when I don't, switch to deeper gets my gk passing better then I don't have a d line that defends up the pitch.

Frustrating.

Just deleted FM14 from my PC. That's better option than punching trough my monitor again. It's really funny how I suck at this game. Players make 4 CCC per game, RVP misses all of them, then some guy with 12 finishing score with ease. And that is happening game after game.

Just deleted FM14 from my PC. That's better option than punching trough my monitor again. It's really funny how I suck at this game. Players make 4 CCC per game, RVP misses all of them, then some guy with 12 finishing score with ease. And that is happening game after game.

I know exactly how you feel, I've been an addict to cm/fm since 1997 and that doesn't mean I'm good at the game or anything like that, I do feel I have some knowledge of football and don't need anyone to tell me what a winger is etc, but I'm not enjoying it as I used to and I can't seen to figure out why I'm so **** or why I go from godlike to ****.
Play a team who hasn't won in 11 hasn't scored in 6 but plays me off the park. Cheers.

I know exactly how you feel, I've been an addict to cm/fm since 1997 and that doesn't mean I'm good at the game or anything like that, I do feel I have some knowledge of football and don't need anyone to tell me what a winger is etc, but I'm not enjoying it as I used to and I can't seen to figure out why I'm so **** or why I go from godlike to ****.
Play a team who hasn't won in 11 hasn't scored in 6 but plays me off the park. Cheers.
FM is different now. Ever since 3d came out, it became lot less enjoyable for me. Things have changed and you have to play with poachers, setting some weird set piece instructions and pretty much exploiting match engine ( if you want to win, play on attacking with 3 forwards, AI doesn't know how to handle it, dunno if they fixed it on this patch). It's getting ridiculous, I've seen tactics where couple of players average 200 passes per game. That is utter madness. Simply, this game is no longer for me. To bad FM is something like my job and I must have some clue whats going on.

Last edited:
Not really. Even as a Chelsea fan who loathes Liverpool, Sterling has been terrific for such a young player. Januzaj's stats are better than a lot of players and seem over-exaggerated to me. Doubt he can dribble as good as Hazard right now. He'll reach 20 in dribbling etc in a couple of years, godly. Sterling deserves a bigger boost.

(Maybe it's because I'm also an England fan, hence I like Sterling).

Wow, a Chelsea fan with common sense. Impressive. (Only jokin mate)

Have you checked their hidden attributes? Changes to crucial hidden attributes can make a lot more difference than changes to visible attributes./QUOTE]

That's true. Won't make too much difference to older players though. Tends to have an effect on youngsters who are still developing (Ambition, professionalism). After finding out how consistency actually works in this game, I don't care if a beast regen has 1 consistency anymore.

Hitting the woodwork 300 million times a match still seems to be an issue for me./QUOTE]

Lol. I know how this feels.

Wow, a Chelsea fan with common sense. Impressive. (Only jokin mate)

Have you checked their hidden attributes? Changes to crucial hidden attributes can make a lot more difference than changes to visible attributes./QUOTE]

That's true. Won't make too much difference to older players though. Tends to have an effect on youngsters who are still developing (Ambition, professionalism). After finding out how consistency actually works in this game, I don't care if a beast regen has 1 consistency anymore.

Hitting the woodwork 300 million times a match still seems to be an issue for me./QUOTE]

Lol. I know how this feels.

Yes I am the idiot who can't use the quote function properly