Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

I also like the fact you can have a private chat with other managers aswell. I have an overwhelming feeling this game is going to absolutely ruin contact with the outside world. And it's only the beta version aswell

Like you had contact with the outside world anyway. ;)

I'm guessing they're holding off the database editor until the full release?

I like how you can leak a conversation with the board to the press if things do not go your way. (6)

Last edited:
Really annoyed at the filter tab closing every time I click on a players stats. Duncan, address this please.

Anyone else having issues with the match info modules vanishing or repositioning when goals are scored?

Really annoyed at the filter tab closing every time I click on a players stats. Duncan, address this please.

On what screen? Player search?

On what screen? Player search?

Squad screen. I like to filter positions to see how strong/weak I am and when I click on one of my keepers for example, the filter remains but the tab closes.

Too bad I can't use the Editor yet.

Also I don't get the point of the "color coded" news items. It's not better than the previous icon based system.

Squad screen. I like to filter positions to see how strong/weak I am and when I click on one of my keepers for example, the filter remains but the tab closes.

Ah I see. Give me a minute and I will see if it's logged. It might be on the SI forums already though, have you had a look?

Does anyone know how to covert tactics to classic? or has his been removed? hope not : (

Got logos and face kits loaded in, not sure on skins, default is **** ugly.

Not sure on the shadow striker postition either kinda reads like a deep lying poacher.. wtf?

Windowed not available yet either :(

I also like the fact you can have a private chat with other managers aswell. I have an overwhelming feeling this game is going to absolutely ruin contact with the outside world. And it's only the beta version aswell

omg im having soo much fun i never play in the prem but really enjoying interaction with board im my southampton save, top training to match my top youth facilities on its way and they agreed it because we aggred a new philospohy

It's been removed.

nooooooooooooooooo : ( haha

I have been using my tried, tested and trusted tactics since 2009..........oh well time to make some new ones!

It does not look like tactics can be imported from 13 > 14 either?

Last edited: