Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

How do you make players try more through balls? Can't see anything in player instructions?

I think it's the More Direct Passes & More Risky Passes instructions.

Liking it. There's a feeling I cant put my finger on watching a match that bugs me. Somehow the suspicion scoring will be way too easy. But I think it's a matter of new models and sizes reminding me of old games of football, controlling players, that one could score a lot. So not a real problem.

I was wary of the disappearance of the sliders. I haven't used them extensively since the Tactic Creator, but in all I had some slider for a player or the team modified. I was expecting once I saw it, considering the reasons for the disappearance of sliders as given by Mike. in the appropriate thread, I would like it and forget the sliders. Well, I do like it. The new tactical system is much more powerful, too. And it makes it necessary to remove the sliders too, for I don't think it would be possible to make it work with sliders. Trying to keep sliders with the way tactics work now would not just be an immense headache for the programmers, it would be the perfect way to open a big hole for lots of big bugs.

So far, so good.

But I need the Dark Skin. The light skins just annoys me.

(not a racist, before anyone jumps in)

My first impression is getting a job is tough :\ lol.

Interface is much smoother, liking the tactics screen too. Does anyone know how to interact with a player for tutoring though?

im really loving the tactics part. one question though , under defending corners theres now an option to "mark 6yard box". who do you put there

In love already, got to be said.

Was having a play-around save, not taking it serious to check out the new features. I requested something from the board and got rejected, so I "leaked to the press" and moaned about the board/chairman. I was then called into the board to explain myself, and they told me they didn't like being criticized and i was to explain myself.

There was obvious choices to go down, which you can all see when you do it yourselves, but I decided to stand up and say " I would hope it would make you change your decision", I was then asked why shouldn't they fire me, to again you got a list of options. Adventually it ended with them DEMANDING 10 points from my first 5 games into the season, I got 9 and got sacked for not "reaching a set target". Generally found this funny/impressive and a nice little touch.

Obviously I was only fooling around though.

Has any tried the fm13 logos and face packs?

Yeah, worked fine for me, logos and facepacks from sortitout anyway. some other had probs but mine were fine, now to wait for skins to work.

Really interested to see how FFP and the Qatar world cup pans out.. :)

Last edited:
Hey guyz, can someone upload some screenshots of the 2D and 2D Classic of the FM14 ? Is it the same **** as in FM13 ?

Dunc, I was going to say that's what happens when you sign yourself, but you can't even get that far yet.

I get a warm feeling inside, until I actually look at the attributes and see I have generated as an awful lower league striker! :( haha :D

I get a warm feeling inside, until I actually look at the attributes and see I have generated as an awful lower league striker! :( haha :D

I found you on my only decent long term save on FM13 and you were barely out of the Conference.

I found you on my only decent long term save on FM13 and you were barely out of the Conference.

Realism!

Generally I have been **** in all the saves I have done on FM since I have been in it. Seen quite a few pictures of me being decent in peoples games though, a google image search of 'Duncan Greenwood Football Manager' is always a bit of a laugh.

Got logos and face kits loaded in, not sure on skins, default is **** ugly.

Not sure on the shadow striker postition either kinda reads like a deep lying poacher.. wtf?

Windowed not available yet either :(

Windowed should be available as that is what I use.

Anyone knows how to make Germany (national team) playable? I tried unticking the fake file in the 'extra files' when starting a new save, I even tried deleting the fake file from the fm14 folder. I'm still unable to manage Germany, and when I manage another country, the german team consists of fake players.