Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

Unsure what thread to post this in, can someone give me screenshots of all the Raith players? (Scottish Championship)

Wow.. First Match:

Ebbsfleet (My team) - Swindon : 2-0

Quite unbelievable.

Love tactic part, don't like game sim (unnatural movement of player, strange mistake, bad view).

The thing that strikes me most is the improvements to the GUI. Feels like a cleaner game with smarter briefing of key information.

If only I can find a way to avoid the sack again in November.

Loaded the game up before but had to stay in good books by watching her tele so that I could hit FM hard now. Decided to go with Crewe due to their superb youth facilities and low expectations...they'll need them with me in charge!

I like it but seems very bright on my tv tactic screen is a nice touch player instructions is very nice went with Liverpool

Just done about 3 hours with Manchester City and then i pressed a button and crashed my game :(. Not to disheartened though because they are my team and i will start again with them in the main game. Will start another game tomorrow though.

I like:
- New transfer system of"suggsting negotiation" saves a lot of time in negotiating
- Game feels smoother and more real than ever.

What i dont like:
- New tactics screen, wow is that going to take some time to get use too!

Starting with Feijenoord, just got myself hired; game looks good, like the new Development tab for an individual player.

Really liking it so far, just unsure about the news inbox, the text seems really big but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I honestly can't see any negatives (yet) but for now im feeling very positive..just need an AML that can cut in too match how well llalana is playing on the right :)

Just downloaded it and checked out my favourite 3 teams (Newcastle, Aberdeen and of course Bilbao) and I like what I see!!!

Newcastle - Cabaye and Ben Arfa's transfer value has rocketed to near the ?20m mark from the off. No transfer clause for Remy though.

Aberdeen - McGinn's stats have greatly improved finally (need Mark Reynolds to be improved a lot more methinks especially his pace)

Bilbao - Muniain, Benat, Herrera all look quality - lots of fun to be had there methinks

I have noticed however that some transfer values are way too high - Kagawa at ?25m and Nasri at ?33m for instance. Yet you find Honda transfer listed at ?4m!

Anywho I will have a more in depth look tomorrow no doubt - looking forward to it.

How do you make players try more through balls? Can't see anything in player instructions?

I have noticed however that some transfer values are way too high - Kagawa at ?25m and Nasri at ?33m for instance. Yet you find Honda transfer listed at ?4m!

Hondas contract ends in Jan so will be a factor

Just ran into an issue that sort of wrecked my first save: I mutually terminated a lot of my staffs contracts, and offered deals to new staff. I got the news where I had to confirm all of the terminations, then saved after I had accepted them all.

Came back later, but as I continued none of the contracts actually got terminated. The news was still there that I had accepted it, but the next news saying that the staff had actually left never came through. And for some reason all of my offers to other staff had just disappeared. They were in my transfer centre, so the game knew that I had offered them deals, but without any reason they had all got cancelled and I had to go back and offer the contracts again.

Even worse though, the staff that I still had because their contracts hadn't been terminated, no longer had the option to mutually terminate their deals, so instead I would have had to spend most of my budget just terminating them outright, which obviously costs a lot more than doing it mutually.

Ended up just starting all over again, but wasted a lot of time. Anyone else want to do a test to see if that was just a one off or just my game? Just save after you have confirmed a mutual termination, and see if it still goes through afterwards. Obviously on a backup save or whatever just in case though.

Dunc, I was going to say that's what happens when you sign yourself, but you can't even get that far yet.