Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Football Manager 2014 beta is now live for those of you who have pre-ordered through participating retailers.

View attachment 2194

What do you think of the game so far? Let us know..

** Remember - it's a beta so there WILL be some bugs **

Very happy so far like the player interaction and also couple different questions in press conf. Also liking the new tactics screen/setup of tactics shouts etc.

i like the tactical screen touch where it gives u a star break down on the player roles

Seems very good so far, however does anyone know how to change to windowed as I don't have the option available to me?

Lost my first game 10-0 :( Hate this game, it's appalling. Who ever made it sucks!

hahahahahahaha you lost your first game by that amount your can't blame the game only the manager

Well, that's because you dont know the game yet. Just because you lost your first game doesn't mean game is bad or you 'suck', it's because FM14 is different than any other FM game. Not to mention that this is only beta, and you can't expect perfect game yet!

;)

Under resolution the top option should be windowed, worked for me.

1st game, 1st half woodwork 3 times.. here we go again.. apart from that, i'm liking it, but god i cant wait for skins to appear.. :)

For anyone having issues with 'windowed mode':

In Steam right click on FM14, select 'properties', then 'set launch options' and paste this: -small_screen -windowed

Like it. Matchday graphics are nice, the UI is intelligently structured without being complicated, more interaction options. Not played around with training bit yet but next on list. Very impressed so far.

Just a shame I had to royally peeve off a CB by changing the captaincy. 2-0 loss to Tamworth followed

The 3d match graphics have improved, I like the look of the players.
Trying to get to grips with the tactics, can't see how to reduce long shots?

Why they made player's names so unreadable in 3d match?

I also like the fact you can have a private chat with other managers aswell. I have an overwhelming feeling this game is going to absolutely ruin contact with the outside world. And it's only the beta version aswell