Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

Ability to be able to invest/spend/donate out of the Manager's wage that you earn.

eg. 1) Use manager's earnings to invest in the club, add $$$ towards the club's balance.
2) Use manager's earnings to purchase players.
3) Additional improvements into training, expert advice, team talks

Currently, I don't think we can do anything with the manager's total earnings. If you've spent a lot of time in a top club, you could have earned hundreds of millions. It would be good if they could be put to use.

The ability to negotiate with bigger teams who try and poach your youngsters to keep the player until end of season after transfer eg Zaha staying at palace till July !

1. More variety of transfer stories - e.g Odemwingie leaving without permission.
2. Your wages actually mean something - Spend it on coaching courses/licenses, language lessons (improves team-talks when managing abroad. Also, spend it on travel costs, fines??
3. Better relationships with players/managers.
4. To be able to manage u18 and reserve teams.
5. Be able to do more with the squad (e.g golf weekends, holidays, training camps)
6. Maybe more stories and rumours on your personal life???
7. I dont want to be sacked everytime I declare interest with another job.
8. Better press conferences.
9. Have your own agent who finds you good jobs, contract, and things what you can spend your wages on.
10. Better trophy celebrations. E.g. after winning the CL it seems a bit like 'ok, is that it?!'
11. More stuff to do, ATM i feel i click the continue tab, read messages, have a quick browse at fixtures and leagues, click continue tab again and again and again. Needs more stuff to do!

1. Be able to put excess transfer/wage money into the development of the club. For instance, I have about £100m in transfer budget and £1.5m p/w in wage budget that I don't need and won't be using. Still the board says they don't have the funds to build a new stadium. If I could take this £100m and £1m p/w (£52m for the entire year) that would cover ALOT of the stadium costs.
2. Players becoming coaches should have less randomized attributes. In my save both Gerrard and Carragher have become coaches, and both have appalling attributes. I don't expect them to become the next Mourinho, but they could at least have somewhat believable stats.
3. More options in private chat, when it comes to both players and coaches. For instance, the option to tell the players about your plans for the club.
4. More varied options in media interviews - it feels like I'm just clicking through it on autopilot.
5. More realistic responses when applying for a national job - I had won the PL 3 times in a row, and achieved world class reputation, still the FA lol'ed at me when I applied for the England job.

1. No using manager salary. Sorry, guys, but I can't see any good way to set that in. Though I do say this time most of you are asking for the kind of expenses that would make sense: transfers, club investment and so, instead of buying cars.

2. Possible board reaction to press conferences. I.e. Bernd Schuster sealed his sacking when he declared there was no way his team could beat Barcelona in the build up to a "Clásico".

3. Using shirt main colour and shirt number colour as default foreground and background colour for match commentary so it will be readable. Or assign a group to go over the teams to check the colour combination will be readable.

A use for the managers salary... perhaps something like been able to go on coaching courses, language courses etc to improve your own abilities. Like, go on a coaching course and your tactics get a bit more effective or your team talks have a better effect on players. Also, perhaps more realistic wage requests... like, I find it a bit hard to believe that a defender at Swindon on £800 p/w would refuse to come to my club because I only offered him £7000 p/w rather than the extortionate £11000 he initially demanded. Likewise wet-behind-the-ears youth players who demand £5000+ p/w despite only been on a £50 p/w youth contract at their current club.

Something I want to see is to discuss new sponsorship and marketing deals. For example to sign deals in foreign countries (China, USA, Japan,...) to improve the reputation

like now when signing an out of contract player you can pay a couple of mill to bring him in ( just like the sissoko deal at Newcastle )

also if 1-2-3 of your players win an award for goals scoring, team player etc,etc you should get an attribute point to put into there stats at the end of season

also if 1-2-3 of your players win an award for goals scoring, team player etc,etc you should get an attribute point to put into there stats at the end of season

What? Please no, that makes no sense in a game that strives for realism.

Timed halftime would be a great feature so you dont have forever to make your changes.

Sendt fra min Nexus 4 med Tapatalk2

Timed halftime would be a great feature so you dont have forever to make your changes.

So what about pausing the game? I guess that would have to be removed too, for this feature to have any point at all? Meaning I can't pause it to make some food, and can't go to the bathroom during half-time. There are some weird requests here in this thread...

Better fan & media insight. With the amount of power the fans and media have in todays game, it should be incorporated, even if its just slightly. I wouldn't mind the ability to see what fans generally think of each player, their form in a thorough manner. What the media think of the way the team plays etc.

Either way, more third party insight is required.

Having a lot more fun with Staff responsibilities - it is not real that every manager handles contract negotiations with players. I would like to set responsibilities when signing contract with a club. Let's say that it is okay to choose ***.Man or coach you like to bring him to your club, but when you would have in your own contract stated that "Role: manager == decides training sessions, tactics, first team, etc. etc." but "handles contract negotiations" would be excluded, you could just tell to your Chairman that you need strong striker, he would gave you a list of few strikers and you could choose.

In FM13 you can set Staff responsibilities, but when you set them to other members of the staff, you can't affect their decisions. I would like to talk about this stuff with my chairmans etc.

This is related to the new system I would like to see next FM's. It is unreal to know that you can say "Ronaldo's jumping is 14" - I mean what the **** is that? It would be fine to have a lot more detailed Report instead of Attributes page. There could be detailed list of player's strengths and weaknesses.
Then you could say to your chairman "I need the top playmaker, but I also need him to be good in defence. On the other hand, he doesn't need to be fast-paced, as he will play from deep." This would add a lot of freshness to the gameplay.

This all is related to suggestions of other forum members - you could invest your money to your own attributes as a manager - your judging players ability would be better and your reports would be more precise.

This would mean that more human managers would play their players depending on their performances (in pre-season for example). This would also mean that there will be more "player killing" - in the real world, there are many Czech players who played fine in the domestic league, but then they have been transferred abroad, then they were underperforming for 2 or 3 years and didn't play many matches, so then they went back to their home land to restart their career.

I hope you understand what Im trying to say.

we could choose to use the old system in the creating the game (when choosing playable leagues) of course

lso if 1-2-3 of your players win an award for goals scoring, team player etc,etc you should get an attribute point to put into there stats at the end of season

Something I want to see is to discuss new sponsorship and marketing deals. For example to sign deals in foreign countries (China, USA, Japan,...) to improve the reputation

While your idea is different. I don't agree with it.

this is a 'Football Simulator'. I think being able to add your own personal attributes to players will indeed be considered a faulty thing. It's not realistic. Each time Messi wins an award, does the coach say 'oh your pace is low, let's add a point to that'.

The only way I can ever see attribute points being manually added to the game would be to give it to your own self as manager if they ever decide a Manager is more then a pencil pusher (And becomes a coach). But even then I don't see it happening.

The reason why I like SI's FM over others is that it actually basis itself on being a realistic simulator and tries to strive towards that (ME issues not included) This is the sort of thing I'd expect FIFA to add in though if they haven't already as their variation is 'Football Player/Manager/Owner'

The top comment goes far beyond realistic to 'Player Satisfaction' over 'Realistic Simulation'.
The bottom one, The Manager has little to no say in club marketing. It's the stuff that falls under the boardroom. Perhaps maybe a 'We want you to sign a player from China to help increase our influence in that region' could be an option as I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs already operate doing this. But in terms of a Manager having any control on sponsors/marketing/ticket prices and the rest, it's just not something a Manager I'd think, has a say in.

1) Managers salary, I think instead of being able to buy things or invest in the club i think they create a online leader board With career earnings or something...

2)Kinda the same as 1 but anyway... have an online HALL OF FAME leader board

3)In prove training some how... set certain things to do in training e.g shuttles, set pieces, shooting, passing, strength training ect ect and maybe watch the training sessions? set how many hours a day the team train set a training routine.
Maybe with certain coaching license you can only do certain things to a certain level e.g. A licence able to train shooting at 5 stars b license train shooting at 2 and half stars and c license train at 1 star or something along those lines.

2) team building days when morale is low.

3) on managers profile i think you should be able to choose you preferred formation and philosophy

4) Real world things effecting players e.g. john terry affair with wayne bridges wife or Danny simpson getting knocked out on a night out and was all over the news and i think it should effect a players performance on the pitch and maybe effect transfers

5) Players should help get players into a club e.g. craig bryson spoke to conor samon about coming to derby for nigal clough (Basically If players no a transfer target i think you should ask there help in signing the player)

6) I think you should personal be able to watch a transfer target

7)i think the 12th man should play a bigger part, i think players morale and form should have a big part to play with the fans because lets face it if the fans get on a players back when in bad form they get even worse and when they playing well and the fans encourage them they play even better:)

8) again with training i think with set pieces you should be able to do something like you can on fifa 13 where you set all the runs of player and starting positions ect ect

9)similar to 8 but when in play you should set the players to do certain things depending what area the ball is in e.g. movement in the attack phase defensive phase and the transition phase. (I think this could go a long way in helping people create the barca tactic everyone craves and give people alot more freedom in creating tactics)

10)as someone els said you should be able to buy/sell a player but loan the player back untill the end of the season

11)Should be able to go into massive debt by buying to many players (Like on LMA manager when you could over spend 50million) soo you can balance risk with reward

12) board should tell you the business plan of the club or the next 5 years and this should be a detailed report on on finances where they expect the club to be if they want the wage budget reducing or allowing it to increase within the business plan also a detailed report on expected attendances and detailed projected profit/loss margin ect ect

13)Maybe have a direct say on ticket prices and category with an out estimated projections e.g. set season tickets to £100 and sell 10,000 tickets = £1,000,000 ticket price at £50 but sell 30,000 tickets = £1,500,000 also this should be changed year by year by different factors such as inflation, tax rises/decreases economy boom/recession. and/or lowing the prices for younge supports (the next generation fans and offset this by charging the old supporters more like they have done at derby county (i know this is the job of the director of football)

14)rewards for certain achievements board take players and manager to Vegas for an amazing cup run soo players dont train that weekend and miss training because they in vegas and this should effect the next match

15)More factors come into play with finance like derby county have rams on tour members and rams gold membership members but on the game there is nothing like this. P.s i know for the big clubs these are already in the game but when i manage derby for 30 - 40 years and i still dont get this it isnt fair:)

16) board should invest in the club weather your making a loss or not!

17)More options when it could to pitch size and ground staff e.g every year choose pitch size but also chose to either have the grass slightly longer or shorter e.g. stoke city had the grass longer to stop teams out playing them on the deck. also ask staff to add water to pitch to make it more slick for passing ect ect

18)again with finances derby have car park season ticket holders at around £160 to park close to the ground and some clubs have hotels on there ground also derby county have plans to build bars food places and out own little shopping mall around the ground which i thing would provide good finance into a club (for those wondering it would cost derby 16 million pound to build this and would rake in an estimated 3.2 million a year) im also sure derby arnt the only team with plans like this and i think it should be implemented into the finance structure.

19) I think you should choose you kit manufacture/sponsor (what i mean is you should be offered a number of sponsors to put on certain areas of kits or manufactures of your kit and i think this should have a direct impact on kits sales) kits should change slightly every year also

20)Team should be able to do charity/community events which again i think should have a direct impact on ticket sales ect ect

21)I would also like to see a greater involvement in my youth setup and i mean like from u12-u15 level and should be able to chose what local teams/leagues to scouts and if you have a very broad scouting range then it will just take longer:)

22)I cant think of anything els but one thing i would love to see if that they release the game without any technical issues:)

lots of this more than likely doesn't make sense as i just rushed through it:)

With regards to spending earnings, let's all be careful before we morph this beautiful game into a farcical management experience like FIFA Manager!

Really though I would like to see:

1. In the player history tab, instead of just showing league goals each season in the main table, why can't they just put total goals in all competitions and have the breakdown at the bottom, so have separate bits for league, cup and continental at the bottom.

2. Remove idiotic press options like:
'I've never really heard about Sir Alex Ferguson so I don't care what he says about me.' - maybe if a manager had a high enough reputation that option could be removed, just a small gripe of mine.

3. Not exactly to do with the management aspect but at the end of each year you are given the opportunity to change your kits, just to add a bit of realism, instead of sticking with the same shirt for 20 straight seasons.

4. Maybe if you are managing a team who's fans are notorious for violence you could be fined for the behavior of the fans or even have to play a game behind closed doors now and again. Similarly in derby matches which are heated, (Old Firm, Boca vs River, Milan derby etc) player brawls could occur, leading to fines etc and perhaps press follow up.

5. Also if you travel around a lot, eg Pentagon challenge, it has been proven that if you know more languages you find it easier to pick up new languages, so say if you knew four languages you could learn another language in a shorter space of time than someone who only knew English. Same would go for foreign players.

6. If you have a controversial type player, think Balotelli or Odenwinge, you could react to interviews that they did in the press on things like maybe that they are the hub of the team or that they want to leave and will do anything to do so. Maybe also reactions to their off field antics.

7.. Just one final one. When Melburg left Villa as a fan's favorite he bought every fan a shirt on his last game. It would be cool if your club legend's might do that on their last game for the club before retirement, some short of lasting gesture, just a small thing but it would increase the realistic feel of that player having a true love for the club etc.

With regards to spending earnings, let's all be careful before we morph this beautiful game into a farcical management experience like FIFA Manager!

Really though I would like to see:

1. In the player history tab, instead of just showing league goals each season in the main table, why can't they just put total goals in all competitions and have the breakdown at the bottom, so have separate bits for league, cup and continental at the bottom.

2. Remove idiotic press options like:
'I've never really heard about Sir Alex Ferguson so I don't care what he says about me.' - maybe if a manager had a high enough reputation that option could be removed, just a small gripe of mine.

3. Not exactly to do with the management aspect but at the end of each year you are given the opportunity to change your kits, just to add a bit of realism, instead of sticking with the same shirt for 20 straight seasons.

4. Maybe if you are managing a team who's fans are notorious for violence you could be fined for the behavior of the fans or even have to play a game behind closed doors now and again. Similarly in derby matches which are heated, (Old Firm, Boca vs River, Milan derby etc) player brawls could occur, leading to fines etc and perhaps press follow up.

5. Also if you travel around a lot, eg Pentagon challenge, it has been proven that if you know more languages you find it easier to pick up new languages, so say if you knew four languages you could learn another language in a shorter space of time than someone who only knew English. Same would go for foreign players.

6. If you have a controversial type player, think Balotelli or Odenwinge, you could react to interviews that they did in the press on things like maybe that they are the hub of the team or that they want to leave and will do anything to do so. Maybe also reactions to their off field antics.

7.. Just one final one. When Melburg left Villa as a fan's favorite he bought every fan a shirt on his last game. It would be cool if your club legend's might do that on their last game for the club before retirement, some short of lasting gesture, just a small thing but it would increase the realistic feel of that player having a true love for the club etc.

I agree with every one but 4. I think that, despite realistic, it would be too random and probably unfair. Though maybe some conditions like the team performing poorly could lead to such behavior from the fans.

YES please, this has been bothering me for some time now. I would very much like a total games played (sub)/goals/assists overview, instead of season by season. It's very annoying having to add them all together to see what a player's ratio is. Unless there's some awesome way of figuring this out that I haven't discovered yet...