Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

well the reason for that bud is that if everyone had the same mindset as you we would have 1000 threads started about the same thing pretty much :)

Not really. We would have more threads about specific things that could then be linked to if another thread is created about the same thing. No point keeping everything in the same thread then asking people to search for it, as it will generally be hard to search for it in the thread the way the search is implemented.

Got to say I agree with TheHig, even if he did just want to have a moan haha.

Using the manager's earnings in some way would be useful, maybe to purchase players and to invest in different areas of the club.

I think using managers earnings would be a mistake and end up turning the game into a farce, unless it was restricted to things like learning a new language, taking the team on a day out etc.

I really like the idea of younger youth teams aswell but realise that could have a negative impact on games speeds due to the volume of players!

One thing I would like to see is a way of stopping people cheat. I know that it's everyone's own prerogative whether to cheat or not, but I know people that re-load the game 6,7,8 times to get the right result! And also 'add new manager' to give their club ridiculous money or sell prized assets for peanuts that u would never be able to sign otherwise. Perhaps limit adding managers to 1 a season and removing the 'load game' option in game so that people would have to close the game down totally to re load in order to cheat. I know it's not a big problem but its just one of my pet peeves.

Also very much agree with the wages demanded by young players. I'm in 5th season with Newcastle and tried to sign a 14 year old Croat, who is pretty average, be fore he signed a contract with his club and he was on 55 pound a week. He was demanding something like 12,000 plus 34,000 after 10 apps!!! I offered 6,500 and his agent pulled out of a deal as I was undervaluing his player!!!

I understand that mate, but you need to understand that if we all did that the forums will slow down and be such a mess, more difficult to navigate actually.

I do understand that a player interaction thread could stand alone, however, what you said is pretty much the end of it.. hence no point in whining just for whining, I linked you here so that we can list what we would like to see changed and SI get the info from it and hopefully we can see the improvements in the future whereas leaving your thread as is would just be moaning for nothing :)

I hope you understand and also know that I am also just doing my job (which I may add is for free) :p

Way off topic I know, But no gonna start a thread over it lol.....

Do you, or anyone else no were about on the interface you view your match attendance, It tells you during a match, but doe the game keep history of it anywhere ?
If so I cannot find it and currently I'm updating Basingstoke's attendance via Excel (Sad I know but I like to grow my fanbase).

Do you, or anyone else no were about on the interface you view your match attendance, It tells you during a match, but doe the game keep history of it anywhere ?
If so I cannot find it and currently I'm updating Basingstoke's attendance via Excel (Sad I know but I like to grow my fanbase).

Go to your fixtures screen, top left click the drop down menu, then click 'Custom' then 'Customise Current View' and add in attendance. You can then see the attendance for every game you have played that season.

OJtl4H5.png

Last edited:
Go to your fixtures screen, top left click the drop down menu, then click 'Custom' then 'Customise Current View' and add in attendance. You can then see the attendance for every game you have played that season.
thanks, thats saved me a lot of faffing about :)

Having the option of deleting a patch of maybe choosing a patch would be good if possible , the amount of times I've had a perfect tactic then it slightly under performs after the latest patch ( which by the way didn't happen with 13.2.3 for once ) :) just an idea I think a lot of people would be happy with it as I've read countless posts and threads about new patches messing people's short term/long term term saves up so having the option of going back to the previous ME settings should surely A. Save SI a lot of time replying to the same posts over and over again on threads and keep their loyal customers happy to some degree

Last edited:
The ability to negotiate with bigger teams who try and poach your youngsters to keep the player until end of season after transfer eg Zaha staying at palace till July !

You can do that...

In the transfer screen you click the drop down menu 'Transfer Date' and click end of season...

Having the option of deleting a patch of maybe choosing a patch would be good if possible , the amount of times I've had a perfect tactic then it slightly under performs after the latest patch ( which by the way didn't happen with 13.2.3 for once ) :) just an idea I think a lot of people would be happy with it as I've read countless posts and threads about new patches messing people's short term/long term term saves up so having the option of going back to the previous ME settings should surely A. Save SI a lot of time replying to the same posts over and over again on threads and keep their loyal customers happy to some degree

Never going to happen unless Steam itself changes the way it works.

personally i would like to be able to analyse team performance from the team report page, as oppose to the match report screen. it is too long winded to go into each game to see the teams weak and strong areas. a summary of last 5,10,15 games and by formation used.

Dunno if suggested earlier:

We currently have 3 tactics and every one is for attacking movement and defensive movement. I think that having just 2 tactics and each with 2 panels: one when you are attacking and one when you are defending.

With the right players you can have a 2-4-4 attacking and a 4-6-0 defending style in the same game.

Also, we should have instructions and shouts and not just the 2nd ones. Instructions should be given in the beginning and half time of the game, shouts should be given during the game, without the possibility to pause it.

Shouts should be like "press more A or B", and all simple things that can be said in... a shout
Instructions should be given if you want a different approach for "that" game in particular, like "use left flank", "be aggressive with their defense" or " try to get the ball asap in the opponent box".

I do not agree with the history of the players just showing the league games. I had players with 20 games per season and only 5 in the league!!

we also should have stats like before and we should be able to try to raise them accordingly to our game style. If someone does not like to talk to their players, man management should be 5, for example.

i think the team talks need revamping depending on the reputation of your opponent its like a just click on same thing all the time to get a reaction

i think alot of wingers in the game are uncapable of playing right midfield left midfield as wingers which i believe they should be competent atleast in (only being able to play attacking midfielder left/right)

when players under perform they should get slated by press constantly

same when you get a young star they should be bummed by press like when we get an exciting youngster in english football

also another great idea is referee's should have a handful of games in a season where they make controversial decisions eg letting an offside goal stand letting a player foul the last man and get away with it

also nearly every regen striker has consistency as weakness i feel there is too many players with that stat as weakness in regens

also if u start playing poorly u shud have club legends coming out an slating you in press vice versa if ur controlling ur team well playing above expectations

also i find rotating players too often when u got loads of games they dont perform which i find unfair

also u shud be able to speak to a player and ask him to play a position hes not familar in just say if u have an injury crisis no natural player for that position (carrick for manchester united playing centre back)

and also what would be great if there was a stat added to a players stat called throughball pass or something else how good a player is at defense splitting passes would improve having an attacking midfielder being more realistic (inesta type of player)

also all players should have a super sub hidden stat rating depending on how influential they are coming off the bench

also 1 club players asking to leave because they are playing less game time in there old age is ridiculous (darren fletcher paul scholes ryan giggs etc)

also u shud be able to choose squad activitys at festive periods like christmas etc

also in champions cup it should have like build up to a big tie like in real life eg man utd real madrid match same as in big rivalled league matches etc

also in press conferences being able to slate a reporter for asking stupid questions having certain reporters like u and dislike u

let me know what u think of my suggestions :D

When you sell off players on high wages like Barton/Wright Phillips to smaller clubs, you are asked to subsidize a portion of their wages until the end of the contract they had signed with you before accepting the offer..

I want the club I am buying a player from to do the same thing (as a smaller club from Man City) as this never, ever happens and happens 99.9% of the time when selling players from your club..

I am paying 33k a week for Barton for 1 year and 21k for Wright Phillips for 1 year and still paying off Bothroyd/Andy Johnson/Cisse's wages for this year as well..

its close on 100k

The ability to have more control over the play of individual players. For example:

There should be an option to tell your player(s) that you do NOT want them shooting from long range for example. And if they do you can have a conversation with them afterwards explaining to them them that they are being diciplined / sanctioned because they did not follow instructions. (I saw an interview with Phil Neville where he said he was fined a weeks wages by Moyes for simulation earlier this season). Perhaps fines should be improved??

Other options might be things like you want your team to play all balls along the ground etc.

And the press conferences.... they really need some work. The simple option would be more responses possible, but I can literally answer every question in a press conference without even looking at the options because I know them all off by heart (perhaps I have played the game too much!)

I think being able to set the runs of your players would be a good idea, especially strikers. I mean you have the option to tell your wingers where to cross the ball, i.e near post, far post, target man, but you have no option for the striker to tell him to make runs to the near post when the winger has the ball

Also I think you should be able to choose the 'rigid', 'balanced', 'fluid' setting for different areas of the pitch rather than as a whole team. For example I in a 4-2-3-1 formation I would want my attacking midfielders/wingers and striker to move around and swap positions sometimes but I wouldn't want my defence to do the same.

press conference questions binned and replaced with a set of new ones. getting boring being asked the same stuff for 2/3 fms in a row now

1.) Before a big game and it says for example, Messi rallies the troops. It does nothing. Absolutely nothing. If I'm in a cup final and one of the players rallies the troops they should play out of their skin. Its ridiculous. Also, it doesn't have to be every game, but every so often, the captain tells the lads to play their shirts off and they should!
2.) The board should be a bit less cold. If I have a 30 mill transfer budget and some "Next Ronaldo" type player comes through and he's worth 35 mill, the board should allot the fees necessary to sign him!
3.) Consistency in real world tactics. If you can read Fergie's or Pep's gameplan and convert it into FM, you should win loads. Not some random combination of team instructions that allows your striker to score 7 goals a match. Also, I don't want to scrape a win against Barca away from home and then play a bottom of the table team at home and lose 4-0.
4.) Being down at halftime. If I go 2-nil down at halftime and can't do a thing about it, its frustrating! Rafa took Liverpool back from the brink, why can't I? (aside from them being *****) If I get a good half time talk (e.g. They all react well and are motivated) they should at least chip away at the lead.
5.) Make set pieces a bit more customizable
6.) National team managers in my saves never quit. And I mean never. And when they do open, I always get laughed off. If you overtake Fergie as best manager of all time in the Hall of Fame, I'm pretty sure Brazil, Italy, Spain etc. would be delighted to hire me as manager.
7.) Ability to get better feeder/affiliate clubs. If I'm Manchester United I shouldn't be only affiliated with some 3rd division Brazilian team. Give me Sao Paulo or Santos for Christ sake.
8.) Better Youth Intake. Its 2028 in my save and the 9 ****** teams I've managed cannot produce a single decent player for the life of them. I spent 8 years at Chelsea and the best regen I got had a ****** 3 star rating, regardless how many times I loaned/trained the ******!
9.) Better fan interaction. I know this is bit much but I want my fans to get behind a legendary type player. If I have Frank Lampard come off the bench in the 60th minute, I want the crowd to go mental for Super Frankie.
10.) Complementing a player on his form. If I say the lad is performing well and he says, "I'm not prepared to go over this topic again. See you then." I see no purpose in that.
11.) World Class players not becoming coaches. In my save, Messi and Ronaldo retired completely while Titus Bramble is managing England. What the **** is that ****?
12.) Pre-Match mind games. When I would get a scouting report for the next opposition and I see that their two first choice center backs are out, and I talk about how the 17 and 20 yr old center backs are a weak link, I want it to matter. I want to be able to capitalize on things like that.
Rant/fin.

1.) Before a big game and it says for example, Messi rallies the troops. It does nothing. Absolutely nothing. If I'm in a cup final and one of the players rallies the troops they should play out of their skin. Its ridiculous. Also, it doesn't have to be every game, but every so often, the captain tells the lads to play their shirts off and they should!

2.) The board should be a bit less cold. If I have a 30 mill transfer budget and some "Next Ronaldo" type player comes through and he's worth 35 mill, the board should allot the fees necessary to sign him!
3.) Consistency in real world tactics. If you can read Fergie's or Pep's gameplan and convert it into FM, you should win loads. Not some random combination of team instructions that allows your striker to score 7 goals a match. Also, I don't want to scrape a win against Barca away from home and then play a bottom of the table team at home and lose 4-0.
4.) Being down at halftime. If I go 2-nil down at halftime and can't do a thing about it, its frustrating! Rafa took Liverpool back from the brink, why can't I? (aside from them being *****) If I get a good half time talk (e.g. They all react well and are motivated) they should at least chip away at the lead.
5.) Make set pieces a bit more customizable
6.) National team managers in my saves never quit. And I mean never. And when they do open, I always get laughed off. If you overtake Fergie as best manager of all time in the Hall of Fame, I'm pretty sure Brazil, Italy, Spain etc. would be delighted to hire me as manager.
7.) Ability to get better feeder/affiliate clubs. If I'm Manchester United I shouldn't be only affiliated with some 3rd division Brazilian team. Give me Sao Paulo or Santos for Christ sake.
8.) Better Youth Intake. Its 2028 in my save and the 9 ****** teams I've managed cannot produce a single decent player for the life of them. I spent 8 years at Chelsea and the best regen I got had a ****** 3 star rating, regardless how many times I loaned/trained the ******!
9.) Better fan interaction. I know this is bit much but I want my fans to get behind a legendary type player. If I have Frank Lampard come off the bench in the 60th minute, I want the crowd to go mental for Super Frankie.
10.) Complementing a player on his form. If I say the lad is performing well and he says, "I'm not prepared to go over this topic again. See you then." I see no purpose in that.
11.) World Class players not becoming coaches. In my save, Messi and Ronaldo retired completely while Titus Bramble is managing England. What the **** is that ****?
12.) Pre-Match mind games. When I would get a scouting report for the next opposition and I see that their two first choice center backs are out, and I talk about how the 17 and 20 yr old center backs are a weak link, I want it to matter. I want to be able to capitalize on things like that.
Rant/fin.

why don't you moan about players not having redbull and not being able to fly? because that would be less stupid than all your ideas