madridboy1986

Reaction score
hey guys I'm doing to remake the France '98 WC, well not the world cup it self, but the 1997/98 season well try to might not do every team but I'll try :) to teams I can find squad for. I will be using the CM 97/98, hopefully you understand why I'm not doing the 1993/94 season :(

just think you get use the United before they won the famous treble, Real Madrid winning the Champions League for the first time since the 1966 :) Alan Shearer is the most expensive player of all time, Ronaldo was the best player in the world, Romario, bebeto would retire after this world cup, can you relive this season and make history repeat it self or will you change it

Rangers dominate force of Scottish football came to an end :)

fun facts

every holder will back to the 1996/97 season

WC Holder - Brazil
Euro Holders - Germany
UCL winners - Bor. Dortmund
Europa league - Bayern Munich

Premier League - Manchester United
Championship - Sunderland

I hope you enjoy this database guys, now which team should I do first? atm I'm just putting all the Holders back to the 1996/97 season and moving all the clubs back to their old stadiums Southampton back at the dell, Arsenal back at Highbury

Last edited:
can you do the Motherwell team of that year aswell, always wanted to manager a 'Well team from the past!

can you do the Motherwell team of that year aswell, always wanted to manager a 'Well team from the past!

yes I will be doing the Scottish leagues aswell :), can you give me a website that will give me the full roster of the Motherwell that season?

Last edited:
think I'll redo France '98 as I can use the CM 97/98 editor and work with the FM 14 aswell, but I will not be closing this thread sorry for the mix up guys, as I can only do CM 93/94 & Italia 93/94 I don't think people would want to play it with only 100 + clubs done in two nations and most of the clubs I can't find a huge number of layers in them hope you understand :(

does anyone know how I can get the real 97/98 editor as every DB it's the 1995/96 side :/

so far I have all the players deleted all 400,000+, Serbia has been renamed to Yugoslavia & I have 237 players created only have 19,268 to go still better than nothing, I wonder if I should move this to the edit section of the forum, also when I have the 19,505 players created I will be taking screens shots I'll let you know when I've finished :p

does anyone know how I can get the real 97/98 editor as every DB it's the 1995/96 side :/

Not sure how you can get it, but it's part of the game on the disc, I've got that season CM Season 97/98 big green box, your best bet is buying the disc from eBay, it will only cost ya a couple of quid and the same for postage.

Not sure how you can get it, but it's part of the game on the disc, I've got that season CM Season 97/98 big green box, your best bet is buying the disc from eBay, it will only cost ya a couple of quid and the same for postage.

I shouldn't really be admit this but I download the game off the internet :(, it's weird tho all the teams are the 1997/98 but their ages are wrong by about 2 years so it's no biggie really thanks man

found a way to rename the League names without using the editor so I'll be doing that last, I'll be renaming the league names to the 1997/98 season :)

Can I ask you how you are recreating the players so quickly, MadridBoy? I did a legends database for 2012 with about 1800 fully featured legends and it doesn't copy that well to 2014 so I'm going through and redoing each one but I'm finding it's taking me 10 - 15 mins per player once you do their playing histories and all their skills and apptitudes etc. Any tips? ^^). I would love to know of a program that allows you to put players on a spreadsheet and cut and paste them into the new game if there is such a program.

Can I ask you how you are recreating the players so quickly, MadridBoy? I did a legends database for 2012 with about 1800 fully featured legends and it doesn't copy that well to 2014 so I'm going through and redoing each one but I'm finding it's taking me 10 - 15 mins per player once you do their playing histories and all their skills and apptitudes etc. Any tips? ^^). I would love to know of a program that allows you to put players on a spreadsheet and cut and paste them into the new game if there is such a program.

this is what I do might be sloppy & lazy but it's very fast, I create a new player put in all their details like d.o.b, place of birth and caps and goals they had back then in the season

then I just put in the players CA & PA had in and then leave the rest as blank or random I know it's really stupid but hopefully the game fixes the problems for me

I never muck around with the player's History etc also sorry to say this man but their no program like that wish there was, I asked Miles if it was possible to convert old CM databases into FM with the FM editor and he say NO it would be too hard to program it

also with the speadsheet you would have to create it up yourself, and put in the year they played in to the this year to get their correct ages as of now or back then

https://www.mediafire.com/view/sob0emhq33gxqyc/France_'98_(England).xlsx

hope the speadsheet help ya

Last edited:
this is great. I had a similar idea and was going to make me a "Damned Villans" (Villa 97 98 team on Conference) team based on that game db, now I'll just wait.

could you do a coventry city team? we were pretty good that year, dion dublin getting 18 goals (joint best in league) and huckerby chipping in with 14 goals and noal whelen also playing well from the wing

could you do a coventry city team? we were pretty good that year, dion dublin getting 18 goals (joint best in league) and huckerby chipping in with 14 goals and noal whelen also playing well from the wing
don't worry I'll be doing every players, just trying to get my graphics to work atm :/

finally got through all the surname that being with A, and I've created 960 players with 159,964 changes in a week that's not bad work I would say :p I'm going to start on B tomorrow, might create up a excel doc and see how many I create up all together per letter and then subtract that from the total number of players left to go through

finally hit the over the 1,000 Mark :), I know this might be silly to ask but someone give me a hand and recreate the European Comps like the UEFA Cup, UEFA Champions league, UEFA Cup Winners' Cup & Intertoto Cup? to as it was back in 1997/98

If you are simply setting the CA and PA will that not mean that players end up with unrealistic stats? such as David Beckham free kicks at 9 and pace at 20 for example? or are you planning to add certain stats to these players as a Zidane without a 20 for flair would not be Zidane!

Also, when do you think this will be finished?

If you are simply setting the CA and PA will that not mean that players end up with unrealistic stats? such as David Beckham free kicks at 9 and pace at 20 for example? or are you planning to add certain stats to these players as a Zidane without a 20 for flair would not be Zidane!

Also, when do you think this will be finished?

no I checked it out so far and players like Tony Adams are like they where back in the CM 1997/98 and same value or close to it :) Larrson was valued at 4.5 Mil in CM 97/98 in FM 14 he was close to ?4.3M I haven't got as far as Beckham or Zidane yet but I can give you CA & PA of them if you like but Albertini is worth 28.5 Mil

Beckham CA & PA (CM97/98) in FM14 he have the same but -8 at Pontential
Current Ability 178
Potential Ability -1
Current Reputation 180
Home Reputation 180
World Reputation 0

Zidane's CA & PA
Current Ability 175
Potential Ability 188
Current Reputation 173
Home Reputation 173
World Reputation 0

I might add in certain stats after I've finished it to give it a little spice to it ;) so then I'm not running around like a headless chicken also I'm hoping to have it completed by either Christmas/New year or the end of Jan/Feb

quick note I found Diego Maradona ;) and yes he's playable but you might have him for one year at Boca

Last edited: