Franjo: A Journeyman Story (New Episode Every Week Day)

• Thread starter Thread starter WTFranjo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 75K
Oof. Tough few updates to plough through there...

Out-of-character for a moment... what do you reckon is the biggest cause for your decline? Players simply not as good as their counterparts in other teams? I assume your tactic is perfectly sound since it worked so **** well at Angrense... what's your team's familiarity with the tactics like?

I've always found that switching tactics around is the worst thing to do in a struggling team, but it's very difficult to resist making huge changes when your team has just inexplicably fallen apart.

Also... two big mistakes from my boy Hurley in that last game :( maybe he's not up to starting for Real Madrid like I thought...

Haha great questions,

I had no idea when i was playing through, which did make the last few updates very very tough to get through. Looking back, I'd say it could have been a combination of a few things:

- The classic Sam Allardyce "New Manager Bounce" wearing off. Fresh manager and players may have been the reason for our early good form, before wearing off and leaving us just as bad as we were predicted to be

- The bad form started near enough as soon as we started playing teams a second time, so they may have all figured out how to dismantle us. I didn't adapt well enough to that

- Overall, the squad's not the best mentally, so they may have struggled to motivate themselves after the bad run started with a couple of losses against good teams

To answer your questions, yeah the squad aren't as good as many of the teams in the league and that could have been the reason, although I doubt it and I'd rather not blame my tools :D Tactical familiarity was perfect at this point with 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3 I believe

I also agree that switching formation in our situation is an awful thing to do, all you're doing is throwing confusion and a greater potential for mistakes into the mix! I was pretty desperate though and was willing to risk it.

and yeah, Hurley's in pretty awful form, it's heartbreaking :/ He may have hit his ceiling I'm afraid

thanks for the questions, mate! This has been very therapeutic for me haha :D

******'ell mate, that one almost had me out of me chair. Best update since you went to the barren hellscape that is Poland. Or since you signed Hurley, maybe.

Just hope it's the catalyst for something better!

Thanks mate, glad you liked it :) it wasn't meant to be any kind of special episode but ended up being probably my favourite so far

Wahey! Finally! Definitely feels like Goncerz is the only player who's turned up for the past dozen games.

South Africa might be a nice change.

Great to see it being turned around, I never had a doubt! And you have once again delivered an FM story sentence that would be going straight into my archive of fantastic FM story sentences, if I had one - "Now this is pod racing, my friends".

Haha cheers mate! I do love a Star Wars reference, almost as much as I love getting a win after 5 soul destroying months!

Back