Franjo: A Journeyman Story (New Episode Every Week Day)

• Thread starter Thread starter WTFranjo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 701
  • Views Views 75K
great start to the season and what an academy! you could do a job here for years!

Well... it's all going rather swimmingly, isn't it! Phil ****** Foden... clearly not as good in this save as he'll probably end up being in real life, but still.

Side note - I won the Norwegian 2nd tier title on my save, and promptly resigned... and was offered the Santos job! I turned it down though. Got the job at Mafra in the Portuguese 2nd tier, so slightly higher reputation (although I'm still facing a relegation dogfight!).

Gahhhhhhhhhh. Penalties and a late equaliser. Fair play for remaining so magnanimous. I'd be kicking both cats.

If our late winner against Valenciennes wasn’t so fresh in my mind mate, I’d be ****** furious :D

Man, I want to manage Auxerre... all those academy prospects! It helps, of course, that France has an insanely high newgen ability coefficient, or whatever the under-the-hood stat is called.

Love seeing Crouchie giving you updates too!

Shame about the first result, just one of those days. Second result was impressive though - often playing against 10 men is ****** awkward, since it's so tough to get past 9 or 10 men in the penalty box and players resort to pot shots from range. Bravo for breaking them down, since it seemed they were camped in their own box from the replay.

Hicham Aidir has hit the ground running, just like we knew he would! :)

Yep the academy is fantastic. It really is a blessing and a curse though, I was getting do annoyed writing down all of the ****** rejected bids that I literally just stopped recording them, hence this DONE DEALS episode :D

And yeah the first result was disappointing but I’m pretty happy to just write it off as a one-off, but I know what you mean about playing 10 men. Playing against 10 men playing behind the ball is trickier than playing 11 men playing more openly so it can be awkward.

Stick by him I reckon.

Interesting to note that your defence seems very solid - certainly not losing many games - but your attack is still struggling to break teams down a little bit. Is your tactical familiarity fairly low at this point? Or do you maybe need to get someone in at #10 and drop one of the holding midfielders? Just strikes me that it's not just Foden - none of your wide men seem to be stepping up this season, Aidir appears to be doing it practically all on his own!

Interesting! Yeah we do struggle at times to break teams down and maybe we are better when Joël’s in the hole, but I prefer having a holding man a lot of the time while I’m getting used to a new club, especially against teams with a lot of quality, a lot of attackers or in good form. I dunno, I think I’d put it down to a combination between my familiarity with the team, the team’s familiarity with the tactics and individual form, but I’m hoping that in a couple more months all of those things will sort themselves!

Dear god, I just paused the highlights at the moment the pass was played for Orleans' first goal - what the **** has happened to your team's shape?!

Much better second time out though. And I've gotta say - I'm glad to go into an international break not dreading your next Liechtenstein matches! International management... I just don't get it in Footy Manager. Especially with woeful teams.

Haha my thinking exactly! Both points! :D that defending was ******* woeful and I do remember the feeling of relief when the International break came around and I wasn’t heading off to get demolished with Liechtenstein. I do want to get back into International management at some point but hopefully with a much better team

Good old Meatloaf. I guess you could say... He would do anything for... er, food.

Strongly resisting the urge to make more Meat Loaf puns.

Awesome stuff. 1 update, 2 games, 2 wins, 3 goals, 0 conceded.

Flipside, speaking with my Auxerre Fan hat on here... why go so narrow in a home game against weaker opposition? You can guarantee they'll sit deep and narrow and pack the box, so surely a bit of width is just what you need to stretch holes in their back line... I guess it's sensible to have a safety-first instinct, to be fair.

And knowing what I do about the match engine, lone strikers set to Advanced Forward roles tend to become isolated and don't do that well. Or at least, they didn't on previous Footy Managers.

Back