Frank Rijkaard set for Liverpool?

joel-lfc

Reaction score
Hello,

All over the internet he is on the verge of leaving Galatasary for Liverpool. Still no confirmation on galatasary site, But just from a simple google search it looks alot more than just a roumer.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/1...ment-for-exit-bound-anfield-boss-roy-hodgson/

Goal.com link removed... - Outdated ( sorry my bad )

Edit: Latest is, Rijkaard agent: "There has been no approach from Liverpool - at this moment Frank is still manager of Galataseray"

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I don't think I could believe it just yet.

I won't believe it, until it happens.

bit harsh on Roy, he's inherited a **** squad...

If goal.com say he's going to be the next Liverpool manager, then he is definitely not going to be the next manager.

If anyone has "Talk Anfield" on Facebook

News just in frank rijkaard has resigned(old news) - Kenny D is adamant a deal is on hand to bring him to anfield, A compensation package worth £2.5m is being put forward for Roy

That was posted before, this page has been right about nearly everything it's said.

Liverpool are said to have targeted Galatasaray manager Frank Rijkaard in their quest for a new manager.

According to Sky Sports, Liverpool approached the Turkish giants twice in the last week for permission to talk to their manager, but were rebuffed on both occasions.

The report surfaced after it emerged that Fulham boss Roy Hodgson could be announced as the new Liverpool manager within the next 48 hours.

Rijkaard coached the Dutch national team between 1998 and 2000 and led the side in the Euro 2000, which Holland co-hosted, only to lose in the semi-final on penalties to Italy.

He then coached Sparta Rotterdam for a year before moving to Barcelona 2003. He spent five years at the Nou Camp, winning the Champions League with the Catalan club in 2006 following back-to-back La Liga title victories.
He joined Galatasaray in 2009.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-ne...l-line-up-Frank-Rijkaard-as-new-manager/8501/

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I dont think Roy would walk away.

He might not walk away, But Boro jobs just came up.... Roys kinda job? Maybe?

I think he would suit a club like Boro

He might be at least better than Roy Hodgson -

It is a problem we are letting in goals but with the offensive line-up we have that is going to be a risk

The "offensive" line-up. Oh please.......
On second thought, yeah it is 'offensive'. Putting crappy players like Poulsen and Konchesky in a Liverpool shirt is an insult to fans.

bit harsh on Roy, he's inherited a **** squad...

I would hardly call a team with Gerrard, Torres, Reina, Carragher and Macherano a '**** Squad' :S

joel-lfc;736276He might not walk away said:
He's far too good for Boro' That would be a massive step down as well, why would he go down to the championship?

But in fairness, I dont think Roy would jump down a division. Seems a bit daft to think that.

If anyone has "Talk Anfield" on Facebook

News just in frank rijkaard has resigned(old news) - Kenny D is adamant a deal is on hand to bring him to anfield, A compensation package worth £2.5m is being put forward for Roy

That was posted before, this page has been right about nearly everything it's said.

I heard about Kenny for weeks being linked with it. Aswel as Martin O'Neil.

Dont get me wrong, Aslike any other liverpool fan in the world, Id LOVE kenny to take over. But i dont know if he would take it.
1, Its a huge task to get our club back together.
2, he said himself, He dosent know much about players from around the world.
3, He is looked up upon as the 'King' of anfield, And I am not sure if he would want to come back, and risk it. You would get the occasional *** head calling him awful and remember him for his bad time, not his good. ( Dosent make sense, I know.. )

Hope it's true.Anyone but that useless man. All over the forums, twitter, Etc this is being reported.
RT @LFCGlobe: NESV are in search of new manager, we can confirm. #LFC

Hmmmm, undecided on this. Obviously a good manager but for some reason can't imagine him managing Liverpool.

For the next few weeks up until November 5th could this just be called Liverpool-base.co.uk?