Frank Rijkaard set for Liverpool?

Manuel Pellegrini, Manager Liverpool Football Club.

Seems to kinda fit.

Bit premature, but how do you reckon he'd do?

Hard to tell. He did a stellar job at Villarreal, and brought in some seriously good players. In his first season he came third, reaching the quarters of the then UEFA Cup. Then next year, they reached the semis of the Champions League, before finishing 5th and then 2nd in the following years, in the league.

He's certainly a savvy buyer, if you give him a bit of money. He was dismissed at Madrid (unsurprisingly, considering they didn't win the league) but generally got them playing attacking, flowing football. Also, he's a sucker for football played on the ground, which would no doubt suit 'Pool and their technical ability.

I'm told he's seen in Spain as a kind of Moyes-type figure, someone who achieved extreme success considering the club he was managing. Of course, unlike Moyes he then got a shot at the big time, which he failed to grasp. However, when you're trying to beat arguably one of the best teams of all time, it's not easy.

I reckon he'd do well here. His philosophy is bedded in a South American/Spanish style of play, which, blended with the frame of English physical talent you have at your disposal, would probably pay dividends.

Of course, this could all turn out to be bollocks and he'd be worse than Hodgson, but hey. It's a risk, like any other.

Hard to tell. He did a stellar job at Villarreal, and brought in some seriously good players. In his first season he came third, reaching the quarters of the then UEFA Cup. Then next year, they reached the semis of the Champions League, before finishing 5th and then 2nd in the following years, in the league.

He's certainly a savvy buyer, if you give him a bit of money. He was dismissed at Madrid (unsurprisingly, considering they didn't win the league) but generally got them playing attacking, flowing football. Also, he's a sucker for football played on the ground, which would no doubt suit 'Pool and their technical ability.

I'm told he's seen in Spain as a kind of Moyes-type figure, someone who achieved extreme success considering the club he was managing. Of course, unlike Moyes he then got a shot at the big time, which he failed to grasp. However, when you're trying to beat arguably one of the best teams of all time, it's not easy.

I reckon he'd do well here. His philosophy is bedded in a South American/Spanish style of play, which, blended with the frame of English physical talent you have at your disposal, would probably pay dividends.

Of course, this could all turn out to be bollocks and he'd be worse than Hodgson, but hey. It's a risk, like any other.

Aye, I agree with most of that. Only thing I would debate is that he failed to grasp the Madrid job. He broke Madrid's record number of points however Barca also had a sensational season otherwise he'd of won the La Liga. Sure he never set the world alight there, but the team had to gel with major starts coming in.

Pellegrini is the right man for the job. Kenny as director. End of.