Frank Rijkaard set for Liverpool?

Maybe you think Hodgson is good for Premiership sides..

I don't think he has proven it at all really :S, had a good season with Fulham, did OK with blackburn...

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

For the next few weeks up until November 5th could this just be called Liverpool-base.co.uk?

Haha, FM-Pool.co.uk for short.

I don't think he has proven it at all really :S, had a good season with Fulham, did OK with blackburn...

He did a very good job at Fulham to be fair. He was awful at Blackburn.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Haha, FM-Pool.co.uk for short.

What more do you want??

Hope it's true.Anyone but that useless man. All over the forums, twitter, Etc this is being reported.
RT @LFCGlobe: NESV are in search of new manager, we can confirm. #LFC

Interesting stuff, I think Roy Hodgson deserved until atleast christmas,

Lets back Roy through, throughout this and whatever happens, lets just support him.

What more do you want??

Whats he ever won to show for his years of experience at Inter, Blackburn, Fulham..

Like if i said to you, EG, Alex Ferguson is an amazing manager, You would agree. He has shown he can build one heck of a team that can win trophies, Woys never really done that?

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

The goal.com story is from July :s

Good spot, hahaha!

Still same news tbh.

25/1 to 9/4 since this morning - maybe there is some truth in this?

The goal.com story is from July :s

Haha says it all really.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Whats he ever won to show for his years of experience at Inter, Blackburn, Fulham..

Like if i said to you, EG, Alex Ferguson is an amazing manager, You would agree. He has shown he can build one heck of a team that can win trophies, Woys never really done that?

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Good spot, hahaha!

Still same news tbh.

You dont have to had won trophies to be a good manager.

McDermott > *

Someone please take him, way too defensive..

On topic.

I don't think changing the manager will help, they lack confidence as it is, changing manager won't help in my opinion and from past experience. The chairman has recently said that he has faith in Hodgson and will keep him in, if he decides to change the manager now, i feel it could back fire..

You dont have to had won trophies to be a good manager.

However you had a debate with me about Rafa, one of your argument was that Houllier won more trophies than him...

However you had a debate with me about Rafa, one of your argument was that Houllier won more trophies than him...

Yer but i never said that either arn't PL proven managers.

Personally, i dont think Rafa would be making much difference, he had done nothing in his last few years, the team was playing so negatively every game with little confidence. Hodgson is a good manager, if liverpool want anyone else it should be o neill only imo.

Yer but i never said that either arn't PL proven managers.

Yeah but you compared them on trophies. What major trophies has Hodgson ever won, except for 1 UEFA Cup, yet you still rate him?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Personally, i dont think Rafa would be making much difference, he had done nothing in his last few years, the team was playing so negatively every game with little confidence. Hodgson is a good manager, if liverpool want anyone else it should be o neill only imo.

If O'Neill was appointed, I'd sell my season ticket.

Yeah but you compared them on trophies. What major trophies has Hodgson ever won, except for 1 UEFA Cup, yet you still rate him?

Yes i think he is a good manager and he needs time, but Pool fans for some reason have huge expectations.

last few years? 08-09, despite the financial gap between liverpool and its two main rivals being bigger than at any point in the last 20 years, he actually got them the closest to winning the title in the last in the 20 years. he had one bad season last season, but he wouldnt have liverpool sitting 19th if he were there.

You mean the O Neill who relies on wingers and targetman, the exact things liverpol havent got?

Personally, i dont think Rafa would be making much difference, he had done nothing in his last few years.

Finishing second wasn't bad and he got them to the Semi finals of CL the year before last wasn't bad. It all went wrong when Alonso left.

last few years? 08-09, despite the financial gap between liverpool and its two main rivals being bigger than at any point in the last 20 years, he actually got them the closest to winning the title in the last in the 20 years. he had one bad season last season, but he wouldnt have liverpool sitting 19th if he were there.

You mean the O Neill who relies on wingers and targetman, the exact things liverpol havent got?

Beat me to it, on pretty much all points here. Also O'Neil's so similar to Hodgson...

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

If O'Neill was appointed, I'd sell my season ticket.

that is stupid. so you would give up your season ticket just for that, but you happily handed your money over to H+G when they owned the club.

Yes i think he is a good manager and he needs time, but Pool fans for some reason have huge expectations.

Our expectations are top half of the table, for the most successful and one of the biggest clubs in England, I reckon they're pretty low expectations.