Frank Rijkaard set for Liverpool?

I think we all agree Pellegrini would be the best, most realistic option.

Question - Would you prefer to see Ian Holloway over Hodgson?

Decent results, decent football and an attacking formation?

Conclusive yes.

I think he under-achieved at Barca. Yes he built a great team but they failed to live up to expecation. 1 Champions League and 2 La Liga's in 5 years. And that was with money. I just don't think he is that great of a manager.

Fair enough, I think hed do well at liverpool.

I dont know why this just sprung to mind but, Hyypia said he was going to retire at the end of the season and come back as a coach, but his club rejected it..

Hyypia for manager... ? :D

Fair enough, I think hed do well at liverpool.

I dont know why this just sprung to mind but, Hyypia said he was going to retire at the end of the season and come back as a coach, but his club rejected it..

Hyypia for manager... ? :D

I mentioned this a few pages back but was bypassed I believe.

Would love him, Guardiola esque. Also on Super Sunday Hamann said he is doing his coaching badges....

Got Sparta relegated for the first time in their history
Won La Liga twice in 5 years with Barcelona, would you expect anything less from Barca?

So are we saying he can only work well with money ?

Actually, Barca hadn't won anything since 1999 before he took over. He is the on of the main reasons they are as good as they are today

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Would love him, Guardiola esque. Also on Super Sunday Hamann said he is doing his coaching badges....

Hamann is very serious about his badges. He has missed a few of MK Dons' games this season to go and do the courses

He is Player/Coach now at MK dons

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Actually, Barca hadn't won anything since 1999 before he took over. He is the on of the main reasons they are as good as they are today

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Hamann is very serious about his badges. He has missed a few of MK Dons' games this season to go and do the courses

I didnt say he isnt a good manager, i said he is a good one...

Hamann will make a good manager when he is complete his courses

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Hyypia's recently signed a new contract, I do believe.

Nope, Liverpool offered him one, As a coach, Hyypia agreed but his club said no.

He is Player/Coach now at MK dons

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I didnt say he isnt a good manager, i said he is a good one...

Hamann will make a good manager when he is complete his courses

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Nope, Liverpool offered him one, As a coach, Hyypia agreed but his club said no.
Hyypiä announced on 6th October 2010 that after his retirement as a player, he will join Leverkusen as assistant manager.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...l-sami-hyypia-signs-new-bayer-leverkusen-deal

Bundesliga outfit Bayer Leverkusen have successfuly concluded contract negotiations with experienced defender Sami Hyypia. The Finnish centre-back has signed a 12-month extension to his current deal with the Werkself.

Leverkusen and Hyypia have also come to an agreement that the 36-year-old Finn will have the option of a two-year deal as a coach at the club when his playing contract expires.

Hyypiä announced on 6th October 2010 that after his retirement as a player, he will join Leverkusen as assistant manager.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...l-sami-hyypia-signs-new-bayer-leverkusen-deal

Bundesliga outfit Bayer Leverkusen have successfuly concluded contract negotiations with experienced defender Sami Hyypia. The Finnish centre-back has signed a 12-month extension to his current deal with the Werkself.

Leverkusen and Hyypia have also come to an agreement that the 36-year-old Finn will have the option of a two-year deal as a coach at the club when his playing contract expires.

Wow, Go Sami Hyypia.Very happy for him.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

This just made me chuckle a bit,
JackRivers87‎: Roy Hodgson & Liverpool's relationship status has changed to: 'It's Complicated.' Frank Rijkaard, Tom Hicks & George Gillette 'like' this.

Don't like Rijkaard and never have.. Just hope its all resolved by January because I don't want Roy to have the money to spend so he can change our team into Bolton. He will probably try and shift Agger aswell because he seems to have an issue with him even though hes our best centre-back at the moment.

my view? if hodgson goes, then pellegrini has to be number 1 candidate, if i don't see us making every effort to sign him, i'll be dissapointed. If we don't get him, then some young manager like Blanc or Laudrup!

Just remember, after the World Cup when there was talk of Fabio being sacked Woy was touted as a possible replacement. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

Can't remember who it was who a few hours ago posted the twitter updates about bust ups but I have just heard from a season ticket holder who has gone to the game tomorrow that basically Hodgson is stepping down after the game tomorrow, 2 players have said they'll never play for him again (Gerrard and Torres - Why they haven't travelled) and Rijkaard is very close to taking over.

I think we all agree Pellegrini would be the best, most realistic option.

Question - Would you prefer to see Ian Holloway over Hodgson?

i think this is a case of 'the grass is always greener'. if this question had been asked at the start of the season im sure most people would have said Hodgson. Plus there is no guarentee that Hollaway would be any more successful, if anything Hodson is a lot more proven

Can't remember who it was who a few hours ago posted the twitter updates about bust ups but I have just heard from a season ticket holder who has gone to the game tomorrow that basically Hodgson is stepping down after the game tomorrow, 2 players have said they'll never play for him again (Gerrard and Torres - Why they haven't travelled) and Rijkaard is very close to taking over.

Don't want Rijkaard to come unless he brings Ten Cate with him!
much rather have pellegrini :wub:

you speak spanish!? :O

So people thought Rafa was the one who ****** Liverpool up and praised him for leaving Liverpool.
Then, when Hodgson was brought here, you were chanting his name, considered him an hero.
Now I see he is just another Rafa **** in your eyes, so yeah, if two managers fail, I'd wonder, is my team good enough to win the title? The answer is no, Liverpool has a **** team and you'll regret Hodgson later, if he'll leave.