Frankenstein Tactic 3-2-3-2

• Thread starter Thread starter bwomper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 281K
In regards the RM save and the CDM, Jes. The player I have in that position is a regen and the 1st one to come through for me. He has performed wonderfully in the few games I have played so far, also scored a couple of goals too.

As for the Cartagena save, no worries on missing my post yesterday. I did in fact more or less get a whole new team in. Only the goalie, RFB and a DM really played from previous season. Players are still not great but with lack of money I keep looking at free transfers and loans and a couple of youth players from Croatia who could become good players, not great though. I'm just amazed as to how well it has done up to this point. Perhaps a Euro Cup spot, or am I dreaming!

I should also be able to finish that season off today and play a few more games with the RM save. So will update later.

In regards the RM save and the CDM, Jes. The player I have in that position is a regen and the 1st one to come through for me. He has performed wonderfully in the few games I have played so far, also scored a couple of goals too.

As for the Cartagena save, no worries on missing my post yesterday. I did in fact more or less get a whole new team in. Only the goalie, RFB and a DM really played from previous season. Players are still not great but with lack of money I keep looking at free transfers and loans and a couple of youth players from Croatia who could become good players, not great though. I'm just amazed as to how well it has done up to this point. Perhaps a Euro Cup spot, or am I dreaming!

I should also be able to finish that season off today and play a few more games with the RM save. So will update later.

Looking forward to these updates - its prime time!! :)

The defence that Mr Langvatn created for his tactics are real gold, but offensively I see a real positive change in the 442 formation, general average rates from the players improve about a point or more which is also something to consider when considering this 442 over the trippletweaked. For me that means it performs better - it gets the best out of the players. My Barcelona team is still on a winning run - just beat Man.u twice and it was the team that could have stopped this run, now I reckon it will be a while longer before the next challenger will arrive :)

Portugal got two exciting challenges coming up Argentina home and Holland away - friendlies

Cheers - these updates that you guys make are gold - keeping it all alive - good job!!!

4 games played...4 wins...3 wins by 2 or 3 goals with no one against...the other a home win vs Valencia : 8-0

The tactic look very solid in defence...until the Valencia game a low scorer than the 2nd Visit,but I can say you can score very nice goals with direct passing,very quick counters and one-two passes.
I miss my strikers to score more,but not bad. Im thinkig to change corner settings ( you know I like so much tank strikers go for the goal on corners,and I have a very all around tank strikers for that hehe )
The 2nd Visit is more possesion oriented than that tactic but its very funny to see this electrical football. Well done jess!

I finished season with Cartagena and 2nd half of season went like the 1st. Didn't score lots of goals and did have a lot of goals against. That of course was down to the limited ability of the players I had. However did finish 6th, so got Euro Cup qualification, which I find to be amazing as players for me were not that good.

League Table

View attachment 220379

4 games played...4 wins...3 wins by 2 or 3 goals with no one against...the other a home win vs Valencia : 8-0

The tactic look very solid in defence...until the Valencia game a low scorer than the 2nd Visit,but I can say you can score very nice goals with direct passing,very quick counters and one-two passes.
I miss my strikers to score more,but not bad. Im thinkig to change corner settings ( you know I like so much tank strikers go for the goal on corners,and I have a very all around tank strikers for that hehe )
The 2nd Visit is more possesion oriented than that tactic but its very funny to see this electrical football. Well done jess!

Well tactic is totally untested - but its forward thinking and direct which should lead to more through balls and maybe lots of clear cut chances - set pieces can always be changed, its more of a framework i like the best - I have seen it work great with a striker - in my national career with Portugal Barcelona player Machado is the only one really good at headers - so he is picked for the near post even though normally a superstar corner kick taker :) - If you have a beast tank striker then he's your guy on the near post.

Tactic will maybe be better on width 10 - this is just a beginning of a different framework than Frankenstein - the through balls set to often very crucial as well on every player, thats a way of being forward thinking :) . Well the strikers should be complete forwards so no slow forwards, but quick and creative - a bonus if good at headers. But someone like James Rodriguez wouldn't be a bad choice or Hachim Mastour or maybe Halilovic - so CAM types retrained - with the added strenght.

Mate I don't know your team, so this is like a personal evaluation you have to make - if your feeling is that they should score more - because they are that good when playing with FS 2nd visit then try and change the width to 10 and see if it does something, or maybe be patient and see what else will happen - In all honesty you need to give it a chance over atleast a season, but by all means do change the width it probably will open up some thing offensively, but what it does defensively I don't know - their is a cost on everything I reckon :)

Yes I don't even focus on the possession parts any more - just take a look at real life Denmark - they want to have possession - but what value does possession have if you don't have any shots on goal hardly? I hate it - Barca is playing possession but they are also play direct - so its not all short nifty passes - its tempo shifts dictated by lots of different players from deep and on top everyone can do it - Denmark should play direct football and press their opponents like the Chile national team - now thats exciting football. I hate the current danish side for what they are currently - no joy in watching them - I have better technique in an age of 40 and untrained - than all the danish players combined - Now its back to basics or shall I say back to the 1970's =a struggle before glory.

Sorry I'm getting angry and ****** at my own country's incompetence when the subject is football - then their is Lord Bendtner who thinks he's a superstar, please get rid of him national coach PLEASEEEE!!!!! - what is it for Bendtner 100 meters in 15 seconds?

I just read an article that CR7 is about as fast as Usain Bolt, with football boots on and on a grass pitch - JEEEEZ that's a straight 20 20 20 acc agil pace right their. Now that's the sort of pace I'm looking for in a striker - their is no word for CR7 he surpasses himself when he's at the top of his game - amazing!!!!.

Anyway just beat Argentina 8-2 with the new 442 - and Holland away 3-2 - I feel portugal have an average defence so that they conceede is actually ok because they aren't better than that, but average wings Bruma/Nani/Pizzi/Ricardo - midfield is average too, but work for it and then their is the strikers who is an aging CR7 with much less pace than he should have, but didn't change anything and Machado who is the new superstar a complete striker who is gold from crosses and have great ball control and quickness (perfection) love the guy, but a regent who I modified :) to something simular of players I have seen advertised before in this forum.

How does the CAM behave bwomper?

Anyway - I recommend changing the width to 10 and nothing else in both released tactics.

Cheers

I finished season with Cartagena and 2nd half of season went like the 1st. Didn't score lots of goals and did have a lot of goals against. That of course was down to the limited ability of the players I had. However did finish 6th, so got Euro Cup qualification, which I find to be amazing as players for me were not that good.

League Table

View attachment 963433

That's the first season in la liga - amazing - when buying players try and put the most money on great strikers - I believe this is where you want to look for Maupay Ongenda and maybe Fierro or a regent striker - I feel strikers in this tactic very much define how good your team will do. Defenders are obviously also important, but strikers should have big focus, maybe even utilize the 48 month repayment method. Well if you go on with that save I'm very interested to see if you can build a new super team and how you will go each year.

Cheers

2nd Visit width is 11 ( just in the middle ),so you think I will feel a significant diference with 10? Ok,now I will go some games with Bwomper Original with width 10. The CAM do it very well,like in the 2nd Visit but more incisive with this direct play.
My strikers:

View attachment 220367 View attachment 220366 the starters

View attachment 220365 View attachment 220364 the subs (play more in CL and Cup)

Like you see,pure talented plus tank look a like lol

I will be playing another season, have just left my scouting team about 300 players for me to look at tomorrow. So should be able to find someone out of those. Also players do turn down coming to play for Cartagena, even loan players. Is why I am mainly scouting in Croatia, Serbia, Greece, Portugal and a couple more mid range countries. Some potential I found earlier but are young 17 to 19 but given a chance could become good!

2nd Visit width is 11 ( just in the middle ),so you think I will feel a significant diference with 10? Ok,now I will go some games with Bwomper Original with width 10. The CAM do it very well,like in the 2nd Visit but more incisive with this direct play.
My strikers:

View attachment 963451 View attachment 963454 the starters

View attachment 963455 View attachment 963458 the subs (play more in CL and Cup)

Like you see,pure talented plus tank look a like lol

I thought 2nd visit was at slider 10 right in the middle - that's what I mean when I say 10 the middle :)

I'm still drooling looking at D'avesnes - you should tutor Mizin the ukranian striker with D'avesnes. The only thing I will critize on your strikers is the level of technique - its good, but when you see how 20 technique looks then you will agree with me, its amazing to look at and if you add flair to that wow - well who am I to tell you that - you have been the manager more than 100 times for CR7 - sorry didn't want to come across like a smart *** - no but technique is in my opinion as crucial as strenght - apart from that your strikers looks amazing - I might recreate D'avesnes for a common team and add him to the game lol - Brondby would love him :) Rauball looks actually amazing too - but all of them do. No critisism here :) Technique 20 :)

I will be playing another season, have just left my scouting team about 300 players for me to look at tomorrow. So should be able to find someone out of those. Also players do turn down coming to play for Cartagena, even loan players. Is why I am mainly scouting in Croatia, Serbia, Greece, Portugal and a couple more mid range countries. Some potential I found earlier but are young 17 to 19 but given a chance could become good!

Brazil when regents come out could be a big opportunity to steal some stars - ukraine denmark sweden norway maybe belgium for cheap players - Strandberg in norway agger brondby - ASEC club from ivory coast - dinamo Zagreb - look at the african awards and maybe ****** up a superstar - look at former years too if you havent checked them. Turkey should have talent - same with the US and I have to say South Korea highly underestimated - their is talented to be found in these countries, but often they are 20 and not 16 years old. For a club of Cartagena's reputation South korea could be a great place. Check cheaper countries u21 national teams.

Get a parent club that have good talent you can loan. If you buy from scandinavia - utilize 48 months so offer 1m in 48 months and they maybe get back to you and say 300k up front and 700k over 48 months that's cheap especially if the player possess quality.

Another good indicator when looking at players from the u21 teams ivory coast etc, look at what club he plays at if its in africa for instance ASEC then check him out if its in France chance is hes not worth the time spending + he will be cheaper from africa and often more talented in many ways. Same goes for danish teams or scandinavian teams in general - I can also add often scandinavian teams get hold of african players with huge talent, Nigeria Ghana South Africa is hot countries that take the trip to freeze in Scandinavia and a good middle station for these talented africans - John Obi Mikel played his ball in Norway before making his entrance in the premier league and Chelsea, that was just one example. Norway I think is especially good at finding these gems.

Yes east Europe is ofcause another great choice to find talented players - I can also recommend taking a look at the Czek republic sorry if thats spelled wrong I have seen some cracking players from their and sometimes Poland and actually Portugal is a very cheap place to find talent - if we are talking about the minor clubs in the 1st division. Benfica Porto etc will want good money for their talent. Estoril boavista etc you can steal gems from :)

Looking forward to hear more - cheers

Quick update still going strong!

View attachment 963518
Against Arsenal i was robbed!
View attachment 963520

(H)

this was the bwomper tribute?

Nomatter what strong performances and in the premier league - positive chock. Its good to see when something works in the premier league, because not alot does - now if you could get some better players - pogba - ramsey - d.costa - and english defenders plenty greats etc etc :) - Good to see these updates - thanks a bunch mate

Cheers

Image update - 442 direct attacking

View attachment 220304 View attachment 220303 View attachment 220302 View attachment 220301 View attachment 220294 View attachment 220293 View attachment 220292 View attachment 220291

Ok theirs a reason why I show these results - it is for me the best tactic I have ever used without any comparison and I have tried to modify the wings and the width as well - and I can honestly say - the balance as it is currently is perfect. I tested several things through the templates I got and nothing is consistant moving the position to AML/R from ML/R - so wide midfield positions seems like king.

View attachment 220283

120 wins in a row and ongoing - its unbelievable, but I think with a good enough team it will be very difficult to stop that. Its very unlucky that I created this - because it neglects the bwomper tribute currently - I can simply not go away from this. Oh and Brondby the danish team is hugely in front in the danish superliga - they just got a new edition to their club ávesnes - I gave him the shot with power trait otherwise he seemed useless and average compared to my lesser strikers, once he got shot with power he scored 4 goals in one game. He also got run with ball through centre - knock ball past opponent - and I gave him a tiny bit more quickness 16 17 - I also made him both footed other than that then he's exactly like bwompers d'avesness.

The league table after 12 matches with Barca

View attachment 220281

Cheers

Yeah with the bwomper trib and unfortunately those players are a bit out of my price range atm just had a takeover though so should have some cash come january!

Great results btw 120 wins in a row is amazing! Does that tactic work for lesser teams or is it a galacticos kinda thing?

Yeah with the bwomper trib and unfortunately those players are a bit out of my price range atm just had a takeover though so should have some cash come january!

Great results btw 120 wins in a row is amazing! Does that tactic work for lesser teams or is it a galacticos kinda thing?

All the tactics I create demands management and great players, in my opinion all tactics does, its just amazing how the 4141 rock classic can perform with really poor players - if you should count anything to be a super tactic for poor players that is the only tactic you will ever need. But to get the most exciting play you'll need fantastic players and a direct style - If you are Man.utd and say you have no money - SELL - honestly sell you have several highly valued players who you probably can get lots of money for, some double price others at the max 46.5m pounds, then your job is to unsettle your transfer target so they get transfer listed by request - that doesn't work all the time, but well worth it when it works.

Oh we should make the 4141 rock classic direct - wow I wonder what would happen :) - it would probably be less of an underdog tactic, but I don't know. Realisticly it would.

Its like my Barca team using the 442 direct attacking for the 3rd season just got alot better when using it and I'm utilizing many of the same players, so I'm not sure if their is something hidden that makes it work even better, I think their is :) - I feel like I'm further away from losing.

Cheers

oh yes! 4141 direct would be brilliant!

I will try get rid of some deadwood in january, what position would you say was the most important to have a world class player?

oh yes! 4141 direct would be brilliant!

I will try get rid of some deadwood in january, what position would you say was the most important to have a world class player?

The strikers - the most expensive option in many cases - but sometimes you can get them cheap like Maupay for 2.5m pounds in the beginning of the game due to his age is a good example of cheap coming striker star. An established star will cost you alot in many cases, but if you unsettle them they become alot cheaper. The strikers and the central defenders I find very important, the wingers are also pretty important, but you can live with a player like portugals Bruma or Nani in the other side, they are by no means stars, but they can do the job you are asking for - Someone like Neymar is a star and can be retrained to play ML. Bale is obviously probably a superstar compared to other ML's - Their are also different types of wingers - someone like Koke is a great allround choice and can play in the MR position, but I would still prefer a through and through winger who dribble the pants of my grandma - if she was alive :) - so what the wing training schedule ask for is needed, after that what the complete forward schedule provide you finishing creativity technique - then you will get a complete winger and how they should look - a really good example when developed is James Rodriguez he's perfection though left footed he plays well as a MR.

About the 4141 I can create one for a superteam - because that is really what we need from the 4141, so i'll look into that. Looking forward to hear who you buy.

Cheers

Sfraser

[h=2]Creative Freedom.[/h]
This instruction is very much conspicuous by the absence of definative discussion and information as to its effects and influence on players. I certainly find it far less predictable than Mentality or Closing Down or FWR and would never attempt to write any kind of guide as to how it functions at it's most basic level. I think everyone that spends some time on these forums and has ever asked a question regarding Creative Freedom is aware of the horror stories of rediculous event choices made by players on the pitch, and of the many warnings to use it sparingly or indeed to use it at the minimum level possible. These warnings exist for good reason, for 99% of players in the database will do nothing other than fail in ever more spectactular fashion with increasingly higher Creative Freedom.

However as some of you may know I am currently involved in taking that top 1% of players and moulding them into a team with some fairly radical instructions. It seems sensible to conclude that given an incredibly high level of talent, maximum Creative Freedom should produce the most creative football. Using that assumption I have been playing around with maximum Creative Freedom on no less than six players on my team. I have been steadilly developing my current tactic with my current set of players for about 8 seasons across multiple saves and untill recently the maximum level of Creative Freedom I was using was First notch of Much. What I have found is by increasing Creative Freedom across the most capable attacking portion of my team from first notch of Much up to Maximum that there is, in general play, an entirely new level of teamwide attacking performance. Given sufficient quality, maximum Creative Freedom opens up a level of general play that does not exist at lower levels of Creative Freedom. This is a rather obvious statement in hindsight, but I see no other thread making this statement and in Football Manager if something is left unstated it is very often left misunderstood.

I will still refuse to theorise over the exact function of Creative Freedom. It has been said to be a modifier of the Flair attribute, which is an attribute that is far from crystal clear in its influence. It has been said that increasing Creative Freedom provokes over-elaboration and a tendency to try the impossible, but I suspect this is actually a consequence of inferior mental attributes governing the contextual awareness and decision making of a player. What Maximum Creative Freedom does given players of sufficient quality is allow the full expression of the potential enabled by their attributes. My usage of Maximum Creative Freedom in my tactic has produced the fastest, most creative and most technically decisive football I have seen in my own saves, all the while I am using a Time Wasting of Medium and Tempo of first notch of High. Creative Freedom does not simply unlock the upper reaches of technical options for consideration, but in doing so allows for a greater mental appreciation of the game to be displayed. This is by far the most impressive aspect of Maximum Creative Freedom.

Consider for example the relative difficulty of the volleyed or chipped or curled pass. These options may be rather simple, or indeed the easiest for a specific player, but may be considered relatively challenging and indeed prohibited by specific levels of Creative Freedom. You may have 3 midfield players with the technical and mental capability to juggle the ball between each other and all around the opponents midfield, but your Creative Freedom settings may very well deny these options.

For the inferior player that makes bad decisions Creative Freedom is playing by percentages. Low Creative Freedom will not prevent him making bad decisions, but it will restrict those decisions to the lower limit of simple play. Increasing his Creative Freedom allows him much more opportunity to make a really bad choice.

For the superior player limiting Creative Freedom in any way limits his talents, limits his appreciation of the game, limits his options and capabilities. It is not accurate to say that lowered Creative Freedom for a quality player prevents his attempting the audacious, it restricts his ability to attempt anything challenging he is capable of executing, and of Deciding against.

The warnings against Creative Freedom for inferior players are valid and accurate and essential to understand, but equally the user must be aware of what Creative Freedom means for the superior player, and for what Creative Freedom means for attempting to play football at the highest level. It is counter-productive to understand the warnings against Creative Freedom without having the opportunity to learn about what it can offer. Or indeed having the opportunity to understand how conservative and sparing usage of Creative Freedom can infact be profoundly detrimental to the performances of those players at your disposal. Too much Creative Freedom will backfire if your players are idiots in an absolute and not relative context, too little Creative Freedom will backfire if your players are talented. If your player is a Genius then any restriction is an error. I still don't know exactly how it functions, but I do know that in my team Maximum Creative Freedom amongst multiple players is a Paradigm Shift in overall footballing quality.​

Jesaustralia:

I just wanted you guys to read this - I'm not gonna discuss it, because we have already been through this, but this thread deserved this read as well - so above I pasted Sfraser's take on the CF - I agree and that's why my superstar team Barca will be modified now with the CF of 20 in some positions :)

Cheers

CF =20
DMCL/R - ML/R - SCL/R

View attachment 220198

Goals scored was amazing and this was with lots of reserve players, but reserves count the likes of Lloris - Tielemans - Koke - Eden Hazard - Messi - and Ongenda - So hardly anything you can call a reserves team :)

My point is just the post above reminded me that MAX CF is not always a bad thing - especially if you are in possession of great players, then you are as he saids making an error if you don't give the players CF=20

I remember my modified Lukaku in a former save on the computer - he scored the most stunning goals , but he was perfection itsself, curving the ball with the outside of the foot etc, this makes the 3d engine alot more entertaining to watch - its not just a flair boost in this sense, but it seems like it, but that would make you limit it to only be players with higher flair and that's not what you need to do. Players with low flair will also benefit from this. Anyway just wanted to show you this screenshot and say D'avesnes should for sure have CF=20 :)

Cheers guys

Back