Hello Jesusaustralia,

could you please tell me at what percentage players need rest and how many days ? i think below 83 was three days rest ?
i can not find where you wrote that down as well as the thread about scouting and the regeneration days of each country.

i know it is in one of your tactic threads but you got so many lol

Hello Jesusaustralia,

could you please tell me at what percentage players need rest and how many days ? i think below 83 was three days rest ?
i can not find where you wrote that down as well as the thread about scouting and the regeneration days of each country.

i know it is in one of your tactic threads but you got so many lol
I do like that : 84%-81% : 1 day rest 80%-78% : 2 days rest 77% and under 3 days. I think jess parameters are pretty similar

As it seems the fm13 crowd are slowly dwindling i have a question.

In your opinion what tactic is your absolute favourite play/results all inclusive, with the amount of new tactics i definitely get lost with what's working and what's not!

thanks for keeping fm13 alive!

this section's still alive, long live FM13 !

In your opinion what tactic is your absolute favourite play/results all inclusive, with the amount of new tactics i definitely get lost with what's working and what's not!

personally, jesautralia's 262 and langvatn's 4141 rock works the best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

currently planning to make a working 4231 tactic, by taking pointers from jesaustralia about the normal mentality settings, i started to use it and the results are encouraging. I like what i see on comprehensive : wingers tracking fullbacks, defensive stability of 2MCs and 2CDs, the 2 MCs act like roadblocks during defense. But front combo of ST-AMC is still a problem for me, i like the idea of a poacher with 3 people feeding him, but can't get it to work.

thanks to all the great tactics and the people who made them!

As it seems the fm13 crowd are slowly dwindling i have a question.

thanks for keeping fm13 alive!
that is the qstion of qstions lol It depends of what team you use,in what league you play,if you like fullbacks,wingers or both,if you like direct play or a more elaborated play,etc etc.

My favourites are Frankenstein Final Version or/and Frankenstein 2nd Visit (in fact a lot of tweaks of frankenstein tactics I found them very nice), BBM with Poachers, and 452 Triple tweaked by Langvatn for low teams maybe. But like I said before,it depends of a lot of factors.

;) jess made a lot of nice and very effective tactics for maybe all type of teams btw.

You fine people!!! - How are you guys doing?

I still play the game - the fm13 game lol - hey thanks for the praise - I really appreciate it and thats why I'm gonna release maybe the last tactic by me for fm13 - depending on you guys ofcause - meaning whether you wanna try them and tell me how you go - I love reading other peoples stories.

But first - resting is pretty much as bwomper saids, 3 days rest I do at 74% or below - 75-79 2days 80-83 1day
I also use intensity very low except for preeseason where its very high. Well as long that you rest the players after each match in some manner and you will have more fit and more focussed players that will

I train a little different too - my team is Zaragoza and they are at die for each other.

preeseason:
team cohesion very high 50% tactics or teamwork no rest days

All season long - highly recommended:
control/technique very low 50% attacking movement rest both days

So why did I change to control/technique? - well I like my players to be full of skillful players in what they are meant to be good at overall and I find it much less important to have it on team cohesion after my new tactic got created, it will directly improve the visual beauty of the play in the 3d match engine when your players develop the skill attributes. If you are using a specific style of tactic - use the general training accordingly - maybe you like to develop strong and pacey players - fitness training it is or you might want them to be mental beasts then tactics under general training. Your other attributes will still be trained, but a little more focus on areas you like doesnt hurt right? right :)

Denmark got a new national coach - we played Iceland yesterday we won 2-1 and should have won by a bigger margin, but the football being played was very promising 352 direct passing and thats what I'm gonna present to you in a second for fm13.

Creating this I have not been inspired by anything else than the new danish coach and then some reading and some logic - so here goes!!!!

Under_Pressure - 352 - Download

View attachment 165070

results

View attachment 165069

Well - its early days still and my team is very good - best in the game I'm sure, but the tactic started really poorly and didn't look good at all and I was almost throwing it away and then I do what you do when you create tactics - try different stuff and voila everything comes together. Some might say but this looks simular to marcelo - I have taken no inspirations from anywhere and most of it is by using my own logic.

The tactic description:

Close down - close down and more close down - close down as high as you can - jeez breathtaking - actually closing down like that would be breath taking its crazy and inspired by commentators who talks about closing down and then my image of Chile :)

So Defensive line max high - all the way to the right - all players on tight marking=yes
Width compact so width = 5 - playing on the offside=yes - counter attacking=no
All players zero creative freedom - even my Messi type who's name is Mendoza from Mexico :)
The wide midfielders are changed to defensive wingers who charge - run from deep set to rare
The defensive wingers also cut inside and attack the penalty box like never seen before :) - its amazing to watch so their for their crossing are set to rare and their try throughballs set to often - run with ball are ofcause also set to often - their secondary job is to close down the opponent fullbacks in the opponent half - amazing!!!!!!

The CML/R - complete forwards that work hard - they are set as advanced playmakers but I did alot of changes like their mentality at max 20 and their crossing set rare also I want them to exploit the gap between the central defence and the full backs - that creates an overload feeling when attacking + the defensive wingers has someone near by to receive the ball in the penalty box :) so move into channels

the central defender the one in the middle - hes 20 in mentality and has passing set to 20 and try throughball set to often and has run from deep set to often so he goes infront of the other two defenders and close down like a stopper or maybe more like an anchorman - he also has a free role :)

The 2 poachers - well in the beginning they didn't work and they are both world class - last year in a different tactic my best socred 79 goals and the other one scored 60 that was a BBM variant. - so when they dont score their is a problem!!!! - they both have run from deep set to rare against my will :( - but giving them zero creative freedom makes them become monsters who charge the penalty box and are a constant threat to the opponents goal and now they score for fun - in Frankenstein the poachers also has zero CF and scores for fun :)

I read about a guy who used a lone striker as a Trequartista and his striker scored 124 goals in a season - I would like that :)

Anyway this tactic is extremely dominant and I would say it requires great tall defenders who has some pace acceleration in them
The centre midfielder - the deep laying playmaker well is a deep laying playmaker who sits just behind the two CM's.

Not much else I can say about this tactic except I feel its probably my best tactic, but I can't really judge that because I'm playing with maybe my best save Zaragoza - a save I downloaded from somewhere - someone had regenerated till 2042, but with not many leagues activated, but now their is lol!!!!!

Its so good to hear from you guys keep it coming - it keeps me alive :)

Cheers

Last edited:
im gonna try this Jess

Looking forward to hear how you go mate

This is my backup players in the 1st team vs Barakaldo a 3rd division team in spain in my game

View attachment 165042

Though its a 3rd division team I find it astonishing that we can use unfit players who doesnt play alot play like world class players

I have had the most crazy schedule playing away constantely, but this one perform very good away for me as well, I have won every single game so far I just played PSG and ATH madrid and beat them both away from home - against a.madrid I played with 10 men for most of the match and beat them 3-1 - PSG I also beat 3-1. No team has come close to be beating us - As you have already seen I beat Zenit 11-0 above, I don't know the actual strenghts of Zenit, but 11-0 must be a great result even though its played at home. Now I'm looking forward to be playing some home matches soon and to see if we can squeeze out some double digits against better oppositions :)

cheers

jes, does this new tactic need top players?

To be honest my Zaragoza team is a great team - but its not before now I really see how good my players are meaning I have brought in some new defenders who plays better than last season and some of my other players have developed into the extreme. So maybe this is the reason why I'm doing so good, but I tried other stuff that did much less good, so I know this tactic possess quality.

So to answer you - It seems like a great tactic in Spain - it seems like a great tactic for a top team - maybe it can be good for a weak team too - but I imagine that the players still need to be good, try it and see for yourself - I can't tell if this will be good for underdogs - it really depends on how good they are at taking orders and fulfill them to perfection :)

Fixtures since the 19th of september away vs Basel

View attachment 165018

The PSG game ended a draw - was very dissapointing - they got lucky!!!! - just ask Zenit :)

The latest match

View attachment 165017

A thing I recommend is to give the players ppm's not extreme ppms, but ppms that can really make the player more effective.
I always train shooting ppm's - if a player has alot of strenght I train shot with power - If he has average strenght and higher composure I give him place shots. I train all centre midfielders to get shot with power otherwise I try not to overcomplicate things - I do find shooting ppm's to be the most important

Another ppm I find nice is run with ball through the middle - for strikers for the two cml/r - if they are really good at dribbling then run with ball often as well

My wingers has hug line which is a direct contradiction to what I want from this tactic, but it can still work as they still cut inside and become very dangerous in the wide areas of the penalty box, however I dont recommend hug lines - infact I probably recommend cut inside - run with ball often - and depending on their attributes I would like them to be good finishers so in my case place shots - basically my wingers are extremely quick have average passing average creativity good finishing good tackling good marking good technique good decisions high workrate high teamwork - positioning is less important for me.

Don't give the players to many ppm's or contradicting ppm's compared to their abilities, dont cross to the other side as you don't want that to happen - that's a counter productive ppm compared to the tactic.

If a player takes to many longshots and fail - give him - Rather wanna pass than shoot ppm it refrains them from taking the longshot - however if the players has a very good decision attribute and longshot attribute I would recommend not to do that.

My favourite ppm's

Quick Striker
RWB often
Place shots/Shot with power
Run with ball through centre
knock ball past opponent
Dribble past goalie
(tries to play way out of trouble) - an extreme dribbler - on many occasions a very selfish dribbler - dribbles everywhere
If the decision attribute is high maybe only focus on the highlighted ppm's

Defensive wingers in this tactic
cut inside
run with ball often
killer balls
knock ball past opponent
shot with power/place shots - if finishing is good enough

CML/R - Decision decision decision :) - Pogba bad decisions compared to the requirements
Shot with power
Run with ball through centre
RWB often
move into channels
killer balls

Key Attributes
Decisions 15+ - This attribute will make your player happen - most important attribute of all
Workrate 14+
Average Strenght 12+
Technique 14+
Creativity 12+
Finishing 12+
acceleration 12+
pace 12+
Agility 12+
teamwork below 10 more selfish - above 10 unit player
Stamina 12+
Anticipation 12+
Concentration 10+

Decisions should really be 16-20

Cheers :)

Orlando Pirates

View attachment 165007

Many shots on target (this is normal for me) - tactic has the potential to score 20 goals in a match
Some attack events has more than 1 shot happening before the event is over
A good solid tactic wins between 5 and 6-0 in the world cup for clubs semi and final
This tactic surpasses alot of my expectations - I'm very happy with it!!!!!

To make a tactic that comes from an idea you have in your head and then succeed with it is awesome :)
Its like inventing the time machine big lol

Cheers guys and happy to see you all

jess you make another great tactic here. And I think can work with midtables teams like the Marcelo tactic. The 3 on the middle work awesome,the strikers are lethal and the wingers make an awesome work. Possesiong and lovely game style.
I made a little changes since I have wonderfull tall strikers (plus 2 meters lol ) but all around trainned. My strikers go for the goal on corners and swap possitions each other. But have to ask you something : the wingers,right footed on left and viceversa or right on right? And with "small" strikers...have to be "messy" type for see them rise? I can tell you my tall strikers do it so fine with this tactic and total destroyers with franky lol. Seriously,so far yet for be a full fluid tactic and I dominate the matches . Well done mate...maybe this one can make it good in england too.

jess you make another great tactic here. And I think can work with midtables teams like the Marcelo tactic. The 3 on the middle work awesome,the strikers are lethal and the wingers make an awesome work. Possesiong and lovely game style.
I made a little changes since I have wonderfull tall strikers (plus 2 meters lol ) but all around trainned. My strikers go for the goal on corners and swap possitions each other. But have to ask you something : the wingers,right footed on left and viceversa or right on right? And with "small" strikers...have to be "messy" type for see them rise? I can tell you my tall strikers do it so fine with this tactic and total destroyers with franky lol. Seriously,so far yet for be a full fluid tactic and I dominate the matches . Well done mate...maybe this one can make it good in england too.

Glad you like it - I don't know how this tactic will go for an underdog team - whats important is that the players you use can follow instructions - which would be to their own benefit :)

So say you have a player with flair 20 and give him CF=0 he will still do crazy **** but he will follow everything you dictate/say his natural flair will combined with other skills will show his tremendous talent no matter what.

I have a striker who is good at all poacher skills then he's quick and he's strong like a tank and great at headers etc he has 16 technique and the ppm shot with power - he hammers the ball into the corners constantely - his flair is 10. I'm certain flair is not very important, but it can be a helpful attribute to have if you have a Messi type that are capable of more things than just scoring like succesful killer balls.

About marcelo and under pressure

The two formations are two different formations, but not by much, but what they do is very different - Marcelo plays with short passes on most of the players under pressure is mostly direct passes - also the defensive line is at maximum pressuring the opponent as soon as possible where marcelo has a more retracted stance as I remember it. I can also add the centre defender is like a defender going forward to add to the midfield - to get an extra player in the midfield - he should be a creative player like a deep laying playmaker who is good at jumping heading and all the defensive qualities - then their is the centre midfielder who I've made a deep laying playmaker, but more to create a balance in the tactic - the other two CM's go forward alot and then the DLP is their to support them - it also works well with the defence that the DLP is an available passing option.

Wingers reversed foot?
I don't use it - but I think that is a great idea to try - please tell me how you go if you do it :)
I feel wingers should be complete forwards - with 10 tackling and 10 marking and ofcause 15 workrate if you can get it - these would be rare and very difficult to find and in most cases you might wanna retrain one of your talents. Finishing will be important too - crossing will not be important my wingers has alot of it - I'd say passing is more important - creativity I find important, but I'm still at the early stages discovering this tactic lol - but I remember back in another save and Neymar was retrained as a ML and he trained complete forward and average rate was above 8 and he scored alot from this position.

Strikers

I haven't tried slow strikers - so I dont know if these would work - all my strikers are quick and strong and I like to pair a tank with a quick player though the tank I have is quick as well :) so I don't know how well a slow Giroud/Tank type would work here, but according to dominance I would say very good - according to pressure maybe not so good - tell me how you go if using a slowish striker. I don't think strikers have to be Messi types :) - I might start a new barca game to test how Messi will go - Don't know yet lol - I'm so happy with my Zaragoza save.

Corners

Can always be adjusted - if you have a tank striker by any means use him on the near post - if you like me has a great winger who takes fantastic corners make your DLP stay back always instead of the winger - I had to make this change myself. Otherwise I saw the opponent making dangerous counter attacks from failed corners. I however like to have my strikers to either stand at the back post or attack from deep which can lead to some extra goals. My defenders are also very good at heading and jumping so I just try to utilize that from the near post and the far post - I eliminated the challenge goal keeper option as I find alot of faults being commited against the goalie - I'm still not sure if that is a good idea - I'm undecided!!! :)

Pressure

What is the one thing that the players need to commit into a great pressure game? - Workrate and teamwork along with defensive qualities but are secondary to the first two. So get workrate and teamwork as high as you can on most of your players - for very talented complete forwards in wing positions especially and other players atleast a decent level.

Everytime I make a tactic that I release I'm afraid that it won't work for you guys - so if you try this please do some alt+F9 = screenshots :) so we can figure out more information about this.

You guys are great, because you interact - that makes me wanna be a part of that - you keep fm13 alive :)

Cheers

Here is my second game with De Graafschap, a low club from the Netherlands

The first game was a draw. I used your tactic under pressure.

View attachment 1037112

Very promising!!!

De Graafschap - what is expected from them - what is their media prediction?
I see its 2nd division of Holland or 2nd best league in Holland.
Did you buy players?

Cheers

I think you don't have to worry about getting a defensive winger - tackling marking seems less important!!!!
I would get a complete forward and retrain him as a ML/R

I find it that creativity and attacking skills are very important for this position - so minus
tackling - marking - crossing - Not needed

Cr7 or Messi
should be working great for this position if retrained :)

so far this tactic hits really hard in the early few games, nice passes and scores, but then becomes harder to score, prone to get countered. From what i see, in those games, my defenders and DLP have a hard time passing forward because each forward players (wingers, 2APs,2STs) are so ahead positionally and being closely marked by a player. So, passing to those players generally met with pass interceptions or tackle and long ball counter to the flanks and flank cross to center for their ST to score.
Well, it feels like being countered by mourinho's real madrid, quick, precise and deadly. :'(

tactic understanding is full. Cohesion is good level of understanding.

so far this tactic hits really hard in the early few games, nice passes and scores, but then becomes harder to score, prone to get countered. From what i see, in those games, my defenders and DLP have a hard time passing forward because each forward players (wingers, 2APs,2STs) are so ahead positionally and being closely marked by a player. So, passing to those players generally met with pass interceptions or tackle and long ball counter to the flanks and flank cross to center for their ST to score.
Well, it feels like being countered by mourinho's real madrid, quick, precise and deadly. :'(

tactic understanding is full. Cohesion is good level of understanding.

what team are you playing as?
what sort of players you got?

Team cohesion needs to be higher - I will suggest you put training like this

team cohesion - very low intensity - 50% - teamwork rest both days

The fact that you switch to teamwork should make you see your players play better at this point in time in your save

When you reach extremely strong understanding you can switch to attacking movement and general training what you want.

If you play in England it might be tough for some reason - I tested this using some of the test templates that I got and at first I was really exited, but it turned more into a nightmare than a promising tactic, but the way my Zaragoza team plays I have to ignore what the test templates tell me, simply put the test templates are the most inconsistant way to judge whether a tactic is good or not, so I don't know why I keep bothering myself with those :)

My Zaragoza team score 6 goals on average having now played about 30 matches - I quickly tried it with one of my most extreme saves a Barca save with many cloned regents and some players modified to look more like super regents - it was as I thought even better than Zaragoza - my super striker Machado scored 5 goals for Barca using this tactic. I wanted however to come back to Zaragoza as quickly as possible and just bought a cheap striker that is right footed, I will retrain him as a ML - he scored in his debut, it will be interesting to see how reversed footed players will do on the wings.

But Vito - sometimes a tactic also needs time to settle in - sometimes one player that disrupt harmony in the squad is enough for the team to play like a bunch of morons - check each squad status of the players and set them how they should be, don't lie to the players, if he's not playing much - make him a backup - If he's a hot prospect, but play much make him important 1st team player etc etc - but for now I will suggest you to switch training to the above.

I think its safe to say that this tactic is not for underdogs or average teams - you need quality all over - not super regents but very good players. If you can prove something else with a weak team please tell us in this thread.

Vito tell me how you go

Cheers

what team are you playing as?
what sort of players you got?

Team cohesion needs to be higher - I will suggest you put training like this

team cohesion - very low intensity - 50% - teamwork rest both days

Cheers

just changed according to your suggestions, with rest after match and team cohesion at high, but overall training workload still light, not sure whether it will affect stat growth?

the team played better , the passes are chaining better, but it is still prone to counter and usually the DCs will just track the player's movement, not going for tackle aggresively, seeing how high the D-line is, i thought DCs charging in to win the ball back should be better.

Wins are rolling in, highest so far 1-0 to 7-0 , sometimes going for we-score-more-than-you style, 3-2

i'm playing bayern, used external program to modify certain player's position such as Lahm to DC, bayern's problem is DCs are usually slow, decent pace, poor acceleration

typical lineup:

Neur

Lahm--Dante--Kyriakos

Ribery--Kroos--Bastian--Thiago--Robben

Torres--Mandzukic

just changed according to your suggestions, with rest after match and team cohesion at high, but overall training workload still light, not sure whether it will affect stat growth?

the team played better , the passes are chaining better, but it is still prone to counter and usually the DCs will just track the player's movement, not going for tackle aggresively, seeing how high the D-line is, i thought DCs charging in to win the ball back should be better.

Wins are rolling in, highest so far 1-0 to 7-0 , sometimes going for we-score-more-than-you style, 3-2

i'm playing bayern, used external program to modify certain player's position such as Lahm to DC, bayern's problem is DCs are usually slow, decent pace, poor acceleration

typical lineup:

Neur

Lahm--Dante--Kyriakos

Ribery--Kroos--Bastian--Thiago--Robben

Torres--Mandzukic

my defenders acceleration and pace is mostly at average 13/13+ - I always has focus on jumping heading concentration decisions composure positioning strenght tackling marking anticipation - one defender is very quick 16+.

I don't want the defenders to much out of position so I use their default close down settings the same goes for the DLP - they should mostly closedown from the centre of the middle same goes for the DLP - I think the defence will be more prone to counter attacks if the close down settings are set to high. jumping heading stops alot opponent attacks.

Your defence alone could be the problem - I would look in the direction of these:

Dede
Mangala
Zouma

Kara mbotj
Hummels
David Luiz
Laporte
Caulker
Smalling
Frederik Sorensen
S. Strandberg
A.Romagnoli

Torres is that Fernando Torres?

Look to get Neal Maupay - Lewandowski :) - A.Cornelius - Helenius - Pohjanpalo - David Costa - Hervin Ongenda - Focus on superstar regents only Maupay Lewandowski and D.Costa will be able to compete with those - player types like Mandzukic and D.Costa is good to use as the strikers.

I don't want to dictate your game - but Lahm is one of the best right wingbacks their is - maybe he could be retrained as a MR - I have tried him as a wingback and he's an absolute wonderful player, but not as central defender :)

Anyway let me know how you go

Cheers