From A Sticky Situation To The Top With the Toffee's...

Absolutely fantastic mate, to be fair, you made the adjustments to the tactic that made it tick and it looks like it has done well for you! It also takes a great manager to do it so congrats and good luck following it up.

Cheers Dan :)

KingEric I took your advice, I sold him and got the £32m into the club. Made a few signings as replacements, an update could be on the cards for later this evening for anybody who is interested?

PRE-SEASON UPDATE

After such as succesful first season it is hard to see where the Everton manager can improve next season. We spoke to him earlier today and asked him his thoughts on the upcoming season.

"Well last season was obviously a massive success, and a huge overachievement for the club. Don't mistake me, I am not saying we didn't deserve this success as we worked hard every day, gave 150% in every single game and the players showed that they are all top class players and a great set of lads.

In regards to next seasons aims I am not going to say where I want to finish or what I want to win. I think this might put a bit too much pressure on my players. But what I will say is that I expect the same effort and dedication that they showed last season. If we cannot match the achievements of last season but I think that my players couldn't have done any more and played to the best of their ability, then I will be happy".

TRANSFERS OUT

Mikel Arteta to Chelsea - £30.5m

Well first, I am very disappointed to announce the departure of Mikel Arteta. He was fantastic for us least season bagging 16 goals and 17 assists and was defnitely one of the key players for me. But, having said this, an offer made by Chelsea of over £30m could not be rejected. We will need to find a real gem of a player to replace this guy as he was not just good on the pitch, but the fans and players loved him.

arteta_mikel_efc_profile_2006.jpg

Victor Anichebe to Burnley - £5m

Had a good season in the Championship last season but assessing his abilities I don't think that he has the potential or current ability to be able to play in the Premier League. £5m is a good income for a player who would have not played much of a role.

victor_anichebe1.jpg

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Inter - £12.5m

Wasn't impressed with his performances last season as he doesn't really fit into the system well. Good money raised from the sale of an unwanted player, this can go towards some real quality players.

Diniyar-Bilyaletdinov-Everton-goal-celeb-v-Wo_2373828.jpg

Leon Osman to Birmingham - £8m

Just an average player last season, didn't do anything spectacular when he played so glad to get some good money for him. Bit of a fans favourate so they might be a bit upset about this one, hopefully the players I bring in can take their minds of it with good performances.

leon_osman.jpg

TRANSFERS IN

Daniel Villalva from River - £4.3m

View attachment 63718

Looks like a real prospect for the future and my scout has said he can be as good as Soldado in the future. If he gets anywhere near as good as Solado I would be delighted! He has been loaned out to feeder club Cardiff this season to get some first team experience.

Gary Cahill from Bolton - £5.5m

0,,1004%7E6857444,00.jpg

I think Gary could be a future potential star for England after the generation of Ferdinand and Terry retire. Bargain at that amount too and he will probably be fighting with Jagielka and Yobo for the 2 CB places.

Hulk from Porto - £19m

250003325.jpg

This guy is an absolute powerhouse of a striker and will hopefully form a great partnership with Soldado this season. He will provide the muscle and pace whilst Soldado has the finesse and class. Think these could be a real force and possibly one of the best partnerships around.

View attachment 63719

Marek Hamsik from Napoli - £19m

40418_news.jpg

Seen as the replacement for Arteta, he will be key this season as we need to replace Arteta's assists and goals. I think he has the potential too as he is only 22 and looks brilliant already.

View attachment 63720

Fernando Gago from Real Madrid - £4.2m

Fernando-Gago.jpg

Should be a good squad player even if he cannot force his way into the first team ahead of the likes of Fellaini, Cahill, Rodwell and Pienaar. WIth the amount of injuries we had last year I am sure he will be getting plenty of playing time this season and he is still only young so has time to improve into a world class player.

View attachment 63721

Overview of Transfers

View attachment 63722

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

View attachment 63723

COMMUNITY SHIELD

So the first competitive game of the season, this would be the first test of our new squad and how we will cope with the loss of Arteta. We have several injuries for this game including his replacement Hamsik but hopefully we can get a result.

Everton 0 - 1 Chelsea

Unfortunately Joseph Yobo was sent off after 3 minutes so this was no real test as we had a real disadvantage. We still battled hard but Chelsea were just too much for us in the end. Not too disappointing given the circumstances, and after the match it was revealed that it shouldn't even have been a red card.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Start of Season Injury List:

Heitinga - 4 weeks
Soldado - 3 weeks
Distin - 4 weeks
P. Neville - 1 week

Everton 2 - 0 Bristol City (Hulk, Veratti)

Hulk opened his account afetr just 23 minutes. We were the dominant force throughout the game and should have won by more. Veratti added a second goal from the bench in the 87th minute and also had one disallowed, he had a really good impact when he come on and may just force himself into the team and be the replacement for Arteta this season.

200x.jpg

Thats all for tonight guys! Will get some more games played and an update tomorrow night, Cheers for reading :)

great buy jake mate great story hulk will do you well in champions league try get yaya sanogo

Great signings there pal, Hulk and Soldado should be a monster of a partnership :wub:

Brilliant story...And its turning out to be a fruitful season and your success amidst some big injuries is awesome!!!!

Thanks a lot mate, I was suprised myself with what we achieved :)

How can i get Soldado to score!?! I am everton also, and playing the same tactics as you but he just wont score!! Help :)

Play him as the poacher. Need to just get his morale up and get Arteta making the chances for him.

Update later on tonight hopefully :)

AUGUST/SEPTEMBEROCTOBER

EVERTON ANNOUNCE NEW KITS FOR 2010/11 SEASON

Although a little later than normal, Everton have today revealed the 3 new kits they will be using over the course of the season.

View attachment 63974

Thanks to Dan for the kits, particularly happy with the away kit, its BEAUTIFUL! :)

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 3 - 1 Wolves (Hulk x2, Vaughan)

Good win and nice to see the new big money signing getting on the scoresheet again. He put in a real good shift and is an absolute powerhouse when he gets on the ball. They added a consolation goal in the 92nd minute to take away my clean sheet which would have been nice.

EUROPEAN SUPER CUP

Everton 3 - 0 Real Madrid (Hulk, Yakubu x2)

What a historic day for the fans. Picked up the 4th trophy in just over a year and although it is not much its still silverware and the fans are delighted to have beaten a team of Madrid's calibre so comprehensively.

euro.jpg

PREMIER LEAGUE

Wigan 1 - 1 Everton (Cahill)

Come off the back of beating Madrid to drawing to Wigan. The up's and down's are unbelievable in the world of football and you must take nothing for granted.

Tottenham 2 - 0 Everton

Another disappointing result. After dominating for most of the match despite being 2-0 down within the first 20 minutes, we just couldn't get past Gomes who was fantastic today. Already lost 2 games this season, the same as we lost in all competitions last season, to the same teams as last year coincidentally!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Everton 6 - 0 Galatasaray (Hamsik x3, Hulk, Cahill, Baines)

What a win to bounce back from those 2 upsets. Hamsik getting his first goals for the club and doing that first bit in showing the fans he can step into the big shoes left by Arteta.

img.380173_t.jpg

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 0 - 1 Aston Villa

And brought back down to earth once again..... Crushing defeat in a game we should easily have won but we just didn't take our chances again. Some games we click and score for fun and others we can't do anything right in front of goal, very strange. Lost more than we did in the entire of last season, and we're still in September!

LEAGUE CUP

Everton 2 - 0 Tottenham (Hamsik, Jagielka)

Some sort of revenge over Spurs but I would have much rathered to have picked up the 3 points in the league than beating them in the cup. Hopefully this will boost the morale though and get the players back on track.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Chelsea 3 - 0 Everton

No excuses, they battered us. Were doing OK letting them shoot from long range until we gave away a penatly and then we needed to attack. Got ugly as they caught us on the break several times.

lampardAI1203_468x260.jpg

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Maccabi Haifa 0 - 5 Everton (Soldado x3, Hulk, Veratti)

Another good win in the Champions League is keeping the fans happy at least. 11 goals in 2 games and 2 clean sheets to boot, Europe seems to be our calling! Soldado got a hatrick on his return to the first team which pleased his manager and the fans alike.

Roberto_Soldado.jpg

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 4 - 0 Newcastle (Hulk, Soldado, Gago, Veratti)

Nice to see four of my attacking players getting on the scoresheet. Veratti has been quality coming off the bench so far this season and may be fighting for a place in the first team before long as he developing so well in training and improving everytime he comes on the pitch. Nice to be back to winning ways.

Blackburn 1 - 0 Everton

WOW! How I lost this game I will never know. I had so many more shots on target and clear cut chances than them, more possesion too, but they took their one chance and beat me. Terrible result and we are slipping further down the table.

Man United 4 - 0 Everton

We put up more than a match for United today and the scoreline doesn't come close to reflecting what happened in the game. First, Rooney volleyed in from 25 yards off a corner hit out to him, then Berbatov steps up to rifle home a 30 yard Free-kick, when have you ever seen that? Next, Rooney's turn again as he turns and strikes with his left from 30 yards past Howard into the top corner and then a Rooney penalty completed his hat-trick and my bad day got worse. That final bit of magic is what we are lacking on so many occasions this season and United showed why they are at the top every season, not just a one off.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Everton 2 - 0 Villareal (Yobo, Hulk)

Good performance in the CL again, why can't we play like this in the league though? Villareal were the team seeded top in the group so to beat them and go to 9 points with 13 goals scored and 0 conceded is fantastic and we are almost certain to qualify top of the group now.

everton_celebrate_1290108c.jpg

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 4 - 1 Stoke (Veratti x2, Hamsik, Hulk)

Switched a few players around today and gave Veratti a chance in the first team, and he took the bull by the horns! Him in the AMC slot with Hamsik and Cahill just behind gave great creativity and we created loads of chances. Glad we could take some and get this comfortable victory.

LEAGUE CUP

Everton 2 - 0 Sunderland (Hulk, Cahill)

The new selection seems to be working as Cahill got into the box on the end of a good cross from Heitinga to get a goal today. Maybe the League Cup is the only chance of silverware this season so we will be taking it seriously in every round, regardless of the opposition.

END OF OCTOBER REVIEW

View attachment 63954
OK, so we haven't been performing great all season but I am pleased to only be 4 points behind 4th place. At the start of the season that was my realistic ambition so I think we are still in with a great shout of achieving that despite the slow start.

View attachment 63961
Have a great chance of qualifying top of this group with only the away tie to Villareal proving a potential stumbling block. Should hopefully be able to finish top by beating Galatasaray away from home though.

View attachment 63969

A lot of the players are performing well and we have been unlucky in a lot of our defeats. Over the next few months hopefully the new players will have had more time to settle and we can go on a nice run of unbeaten games.

STAR PLAYERS

View attachment 63970

Been great when called upon off the bench and has now earned himself a starting role. In a few years he is going to be one of the best players in the world, of that I have no doubt.

View attachment 63971

Pretty good start to his career in English football with 10 goals already. Hasn't had much chance to form a partnership with Soldado yet due to Soldado's injuries but I am looking forward to that.

View attachment 63972

Been as solid at the back as ever, look at this average rating of 7.4. This is after 5 defeats too.

THANKS FOR READING, I HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED IT.

Some great results in the Champions League there pal, hopefully you will pick it up again in the League soon. I am sure you can. The League cannot be expected really so it would not be too much of a disappointment if you did not win it. Top three would be a great finish, I believe you can still do it!

hia mate great story you are a genius haha nice signing in hamsik

The skin is Gae Bolg, cheers for the comments its really appreciated :) Makes it so much easier to write when you know people are reading it and enjoying it.

good stuff mate. glad to see Hulk's doing well for you. looks like my suggestions seem to do alright when you buy them. :D I played Hulk as a deep lying forward (support) when I had him and he was a beast. Good luck this season

good stuff mate. glad to see Hulk's doing well for you. looks like my suggestions seem to do alright when you buy them. :D I played Hulk as a deep lying forward (support) when I had him and he was a beast. Good luck this season

Yeh thanks a lot mate :) I play him as complete forward as he has the power, pace and finishing to just dominate games.

NOVEMBER UPDATE

PREMIER LEAGUE

West Ham 0 - 2 Everton (Yakubu, Hulk)

Good comforatble win like the so many we had last season. Yakubu and Hulk showed real strength up front today and the defenders stood no chance. A nice win to keep this little run going.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Villareal 2 - 1 Everton (Hamsik)

Deserved at least a draw from this game as we were more than a match for the top seeded team in our group, except in the scoring department. Too many times this year this has been the case though, and I think if Hulk and Soldado can get a run in the team together without injuries then this will solve that problem

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 1 - 2 Bolton (Hulk)

Oh my....
Bolton took the lead really early but we fought back well and equalised. We again failed to take the chances we had and Bolton made us pay by snatching a goal late on. Most disappointing result since I have been in charge, without doubt.

kevin_davies.jpg

W.B.A. 0 - 4 Everton (Soldado x2, Jagielka, Hamsik)

So much better! Soldado was back and boy did we miss him. He has the creativity as well as the finishing which I think what we have been missing when Yakubu and Hulk have been up front. They have the brute strength and power but Soldado has that touch of class and finesse.

49353_news.jpg

Everton 1 - 0 Liverpool (Cahill)

Great way to pick up some form, with a win against our biggest rivals. We really controlled the match and limited the number of chances they had and fully deserved the 3 points.

After some tactical tweaks we are now starting to perform how I know we can. I think maybe the opposition had figured out our tactic and knew exactly how to play against us. We are now looking more solid at the back and taking our chances better.

cahillR2411_468x613.jpg

The passion from Tim Cahill was there for all to see.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Galatasaray 2 - 2 Everton (Hulk, Jagielka)

After taking a 2-0 lead we got complacent and let in 2 goals in the last 20 minutes. This is a really hard place to come and the fans got behind their team from start to finish and I think this helped boost the team to fight back. Glad to escape from here with a draw to be honest with you. We are still in a good position to qualify top with our last game against Maccabi Haifa at home. Hulk continued his good scoring form this season.

alisemiyen.jpg

PREMIER LEAGUE

Arsenal 2 - 2 (Cahill, Yakubu)

A good point away from home in the Premier League against a top team. They only scraped the draw in the 87th minute after Emmanuel Eboue drove home. We are showing real signs of improvement as a month ago we would have lost this easily.

LEAGUE CUP QUARTER FINAL

W.B.A 1 - 3 Everton (Yobo, Cahill, Hulk)

Into the Semi Finals of the League Cup, the only trophy which eluded us last season. I think that winning this trophy would deem our season a success, as long as it is coupled with a pretty high league finish. Cahill is relishing his new role in the new tactics and now has in the last 4 games. Great return from the Aussie Midfielder.

EVERTON DRAW CHELSEA IN CARLING CUP SEMI-FINAL

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 3 - 0 Birmingham (Yobo, Soldado, Turner O.G.)

Everton made 6 changes after fatigue was setting in after a heavy run of games in the last couple of weeks. Adrien, Fellaini, Rodwell, Veratti, Soldado and Phil Neville were all brought into the starting line-up and Everton secured a comfortable 3-0 win. It is nice to know we have the depth to chop and change and the players coming in are more than up to the challenge of fighting to stay in the team.

Possibly another update later on tonight but now I have 5-a-side :)

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed :)

Coming back with some decent results now, hope you keep it up :)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Everton 4 - 0 Maccabi Haifa (Hulk, Yobo, Hamsik x2)

Another good performance in the Champions League group stage. We have progressed top of the group which should hopefully provide us with an easier tie in the 1st knockout round.

hamsik_tatts_516x350_66706a.jpg

PREMIER LEAGUE

Fulham 0 - 2 Everton (Cahill, Veratti)

The good form continues in the premier league and Cahill has got another goal to his name, thats his 7th of the season already. Great season for the lad.

Everton 5 - 0 Sunderland (Soldado, Cahill, Yakubu, Hamsik, Adrien)

Good, solid performance all round as a lot of the attacking players got on the scoresheet. Adrien got a rare goal after coming on from the bench, he has been a pretty decent signing since coming in January last season.

AdrienSilva.jpg

Man City 5 - 1 Everton (Soldado)

Wow, what a battering! Man City tore us apart today and although we had 3 goals disallowed within 5 minutes when it was just 2-1, they went on to easily secure the game. Had those goals been allowed it could have all been different. A rude awakening and a reminder that we are not unbeatable!

manchester_city_s_carlos_tevez_celebrates_after_sc_263448964b.jpg

Tevez celebrates a superb hat-trick.

View attachment 64197

Up to a decent 6th position, just 4 points off 4th now. I think if we have a good second half of the season we can easily shoot back up into those Champions League spots.

EVERTON DRAW BARCELONA IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1ST KNOCKOUT ROUND.

Unfortunately for Everton, after a great performance in the group they have been drawn against Barcelona in the first knockout round. They finished runners up in their group and this paired Everton with the team far better than the other potential candidates, including Celtic, Schalke, Stade Rennais or Getafe. It will certainly be a spectacle for the Everton fans and I am hopeful we can still progress, with the 2nd leg at Goodison!

Bristol City 1 - 4 Everton (Cahill x3, Yakubu)

Another briliant performance from Cahill and he is really stepping up his game this season. He seems to be relishing the more attacking role he has received since Arteta left the club and has been the key player so far this season.

FA CUP 3rd ROUND

Derby 0 - 1 Everton (Jagielka)

Not much to say about this game, pretty boring. Got the goal early on and then saved our energy by knocking the ball around.

LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL LEG 1

Everton 2 - 0 Chelsea (Yakubu, Heitinga)

What a victory! This really gives Everton a great chance of advancing into the final if they can contain Chelsea at the bridge. Brilliant performance and despite Chelsea have the lions share of poessesion and the most chances, we were clinical and snatched the match away from them.

efc__1271275599_heitinga-injury.jpg

After his great performance against Chelsea, it pains Everton to see that they have lost their recent hero Jonny Heitinga for up to 6 months.Dan Gosling will get a chance in the first team now and the youngster must prove himself as there are rumours floating around that he may be leaving at the end of the season.

EVERTON SELL STEVEN PIENAAR FOR £8.5M TO AC MILAN

steven-pienaar.jpg

Today Everton have announce the departure of Steven Pienaar. He didn't get much playing time this season due to the form of Cahill, Hamsik and Rodwell, and even youngster Veratti had forced his way in front of him in the pecking order.

Everton are said to be in the market for a young replacement who they can nurture through, although they may be hoping to bring Ryan Tunicliffe more into the frame after his arrival from Manchester United in the summer. He has been playing superbly for the under 18's this season with 4 goals and 10 assists in 29 games, and could make the manager sit up and take notice sooner rather than later.

SANOGO JOINS EVERTON IN £6M DEAL

f5qua.jpg

Yaya Sanogo has today joined Everton in a deal worth £6m. He is a French youngster who has huge potential, with pace and power to boot. This arrival has sparked rumours that James Vaughan may be leaving at the end of this season as he isn't reaching the potential expected of him by Everton.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton 2 - 1 Wigan (Soldado x2)

Kept the winning run going with a realtively comfortable game against Wigan. Soldado bagging both the goals, hopefully he can now pick up a bit of confidence and get some more for us.

Everton 2 - 1 Tottenham (Hamsik, Hulk)

Another brilliant win as Spurs were above us in the table, in 3rd place. This win has closed the gap between us and the Champions league spots, we are now 5th, level on points with 4, 4 points behind 3rd and 2nd but with 2 games in hand. So, if we win our games in hand we can move potentially up to 2nd place which would be fantastic after the start we had.

Marek-Hamsik-celebrates-001.jpg

LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL LEG 2

Chelsea 2 - 1 Everton (Yakubu)

Everton have done it, they are into yet another cup final. They now have a great chance of obtaining a 3rd domestic title and their 5th in all in just over a year, when they meet Arsenal in the final in Febuary. Really glad to get past Chelsea as they are a quality team, we are now showing the strength and character which saw us do so well last season.

FA CUP 4th ROUND

W.B.A. 0 - 3 Everton (Gosling, Soldado, Veratti)

Several changes were made for this game in order to keep legs fresh for the tough batch of League fixtures coming up in the next few weeks. We sailed comfortably past the weak opposition with some of our bright prospects for the future getting themselves on the scoresheet, always nice to see!

_45330917_gosling_getty300.jpg

UPCOMING FIXTURES

Villa (Away)
Chelsea (Home)
Man United (Home)
Barcelona (Home and Away)

Last edited:
Unlucky against Chelsea and Man City, they are hard to beat. Other than that it was a really good month and something tells me you will turn the season around.

you brought the good back in goodison well playd so happy you beat real madrid (6) well played mate(H)