From A Sticky Situation To The Top With the Toffee's...

just browsed through this reading most of it. Fantastic first season, but your second didn't start as well and it will be though to win the league title. Some great sells to raise funds and buying Hamsik is the best thing you done ;)

Last edited:
FEBUARY

Everton 1 - 0 Chelsea (Hulk)
Wolves 0 - 1 Everton (Soldado)
Newcastle 2 - 4 Everton (Veratti, Soldado, Hulk, Jagielka)
Everton 1 - 1 Newcastle (Jagielka) FA Cup 5th Round
Barcelona 1 - 0 Everton - Champions League 1st Knockout Round
Stoke 2 - 2 Everton (Rodwell, Yakubu)
Newcastle 0 - 2 Everton (Hamsik, Yakubu) FA Cup 5th Round Replay

Arsenal 2 - 0 Everton - League Cup Final

Good month which saw us go unbeaten in the league and progress, after a replay, in the FA Cup.

Unfortunate to lose to Barcelona, we went to the Nou Camp and attacked, had more possesion than Barca, how many teams can say that?
Also lost the League Cup final which is a bit of a blow but Arsenal played well, a good Eduardo goal give them the lead and they got a 2nd in the dying minutes to make it look more comfortable than it was.

MARCH

Everton 2 - 0 Blackburn (Yakubu, Adrien)
Liverpool 1 - 4 Everton (Soldado, Hulk, Yakubu x2) FA Cup 6th Round
Everton 1 - 1 Barcelona (Jagielka) Champions League 1st Knockout Round (1-2 on agg)
Bolton 1 - 2 Everton (Hulk x2)
Everton 4 - 1 W.B.A (Soldado x3, Hulk)
Everton 2 - 1 Man United (Hamsik x2)
Birmingham 1 - 1 Everton (Soldado)

Another good month, unbeaten again in the league. Partciularly please with the win over United and the destroying of Liverpool at Anfield in the FA Cup.
Could have taken the Barca game to extra time but they scored an equaliser on the night in the 85th minute, but of a gut-wrencher!

APRIL / MAY

Everton 4 - 0 West Ham (Soldado x2, Heitinga, Cahill)
Chelsea 2 - 3 Everton (Soldado, Yakubu, Vaughan) FA Cup Semi Final
Everton 2 - 0 Arsenal (Soldado, Heitinga)
Everton 1 - 0 Fulham (Veratti)
Sunderland 0 - 4 Everton (Hulk x2, Heitinga, Hamsik)
Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton
Everton 3 - 1 Man City (Hulk, Jagielka, Yakubu)

Everton 1 - 0 Arsenal (Jagielka) FA Cup Final

Well, what an achievement! We finished 2nd in the league after, just 4 points behind Chelsea. Very happy with that considering at one point we were over 15 points behind. Back into the Champions League next season, that was my main aim at the start of the year. 1st then 2nd is a fantastic achievement in my opinon.

On top of this great league finish, another trophy for the cabinet! Back to back FA Cup wins has left the club and its fans ecstatic! Thats a Premier League title, 2 FA Cup's, 1 Europa League and a European Super Cup in just 2 seasons, as well as a 2nd place finish in the league and a runner's up medal in the League Cup.

PLAYERS OF THE SEASON

Well he doesn't get in the top 3 but he deserves an honourable mention for the amount of goals he scored despite being a backup to Hulk and Soldado all season. Mr. Yakubu!!

He was brilliant as an impact sub and starting in the place of one of the big 2 when they were injured and he picked up 15 goals and 9 assists in 21 starts and 15 sub appearances, a very nice return.

3RD PLACE

HULK

In his first season at the club he has been fantastic, leading the line so well with his tremendous pace and power. He managed to get 26 goals in total as well as 12 assists, a great first season!

2ND PLACE

Marek Hamsik

Also his first season, he had a lot to live up to as the replacement for Areta. But, he thrived under this pressure from the fans and bagged 15 goals, 1 less than Arteta last term, and 19 assists, 2 more than Arteta last term. Overall, a great season, especially as Arteta flopped massively for Chelsea!

1ST PLACE

Phil Jagielka

What a season he has had! Voted player of the year by the fans too, Phil has been solid when played at centre back or right back. He bagged an impressive 9 goals with almost all of them coming from corners. 2 assists and an average rating of 7.35 overall, 7.54 in the league, mean Phil is a worthy choice for the player of the year.

An honourable mention must also go out to youngsters Rodwell and Gosling, who were fantastic last season stepping in when it mattered. Rodwell's versatility saw him make 47 appearances in the end, and he was brilliant all the way through. Had to stave off some pretty intesne interest to keep hold of him in the Summer, with Ancelotti and Fergie snooping around!

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed my second season with Everton and am looking forward to what the future brings as I have signed quite a lot of hot prospects and youth players over the last couple of years who should be coming through soon enough.

As well as the Everton job, I have now taken on the USA job. This seemed like an attractive first step into international management but if I feel at any time like I cannot fully commit to my club, then I will walk away immediately.

My first month in charge saw me go to the Copa America, but with a squad the previous manager had picked. With 6 injuries from a 23 man squad, we were left very bare especially as most of these injuries were to our CM.

COPA AMERICA GROUP STAGE

Argentina 1 - 0 U.S.A

Very unfortunate to come away with nothing after putting up a brave fight. We were reduced to 10 men just before half time and eventually the extra man counted when they scored in the 78th minute. Overall, a performance I can take a lot from and am very proud.

U.S.A. 2 - 0 Peru (Dempsey, Donovan)

Arguably the 2 best players got the goals today. Nice win which means a draw in the last game should see us through.

U.S.A. 0 - 0 Paraguay

A good draw as most of the team finished the match on fitness in the mid 60's. Into the 1st knockout phase where we unforttunately meet Brazil.....

COPA AMERICA QUARTER FINAL

Brazil 2 - 0 U.S.A

Another brave performance but the massive gulf in class showed in the end with 2 second half goals from Hulk and Pato, a free-kick and a rebound from a penalty. Lot of work to do but there is some real potential here and I look forward to the challenge ahead, its something very different!

Everton Transfers IN

I promised myself I wasn't going to spend too big as I want to try and keep most of the squad around and try to nurture young talent. Only made 2 signings for what could be classed as big money.

First, there were the signings of Miguel Amorim, Pedro Silva, Steven McGrath, Alex Smithies and Gary Garnder, all youngsters who have a bright future ahead of them. They may make appearances this season but it is far more likely they will go out on loan or feature for the Reserves.

Then, for £3.3m, Carsten Struckmann joined from Wolsburg. An American AMC, he was signed before I took the job as USA manager but he was one of the reasons for me accepting the offer.

Next, Yannis Tafer. One of the real striking stars of FM10, he is going to be on the fringes of the first team fighting for a place and trying to show what he can do. Signed from Lyon for £9.5m.

Finally, Neymar signed from Santos for £17.5m. A lot of money yes but he will be worth every penny in a few seasons as he becomes one of the best in the world. Really excited by the 2 striking prospects we have now.

Everton Transfers OUT

Loaned out quite a lot of youngsters in order for them to gain first team experience. Amorim, Agard, Guarch, Tunnicliffe, Baxter, Duffy, Gardner and Villalva have all been loaned out.

Phil Neville was sold to Newcastle for £675k as he wasn't featuring regularly enough to justify his £45k a week wages. Sad to see him go but Tim Cahill replaces him as captain.

Following Phil to St. James' Park was James Vaughan, as a youngster he was tipped to be the next big thing but he never really lived up to the height. He has left for £9m which is fantastic, and his sale freed up the funds for Tafer to join, who hopefully turns out to be twice the player Vaughan ever was for us.

Jan Mucha, an agreed signing who joined last summer was sold for £3.1m to Southampton, I don't think he made an appearance all season. We have a new, younger backup to Howard in Alex Smithies, who will get his chances in the early round cup games this season.

Finally, Lukas Jutkiewicz was sold for £2.1m to Leyton Orient. Quite where they got that money from I do not know, but a decent fee for someone who was never going to play. Not a bad bit of business.

Overall, I am pleased with the Summer's dealings as I kept my squad together and added some young faces. Distin, Cahill, Yobo and Howard are now the only players over the 30 mark and will be eased out over the next couple of seasons. Howard, Yobo and Cahill will put up a **** of a fight for their places though as they were immense last season. Looking forward to seeing Neymar in action inparticularly, but Tafer, Rodwell, Dodo, Gosling and Stuckmann are also youngsters to look out for, and obviously Veratti who has already had such an impact on the first team!

Not much of a update but because the site was down I didn't have time to do it in anymore detail. I have played on til about November in Season 3 but will update later on.

Just started to read and great story! If you could win the Champions League now it would just be fantastic :)

Looking forward to the next update mate

Can I ask a quick question how could you afford Soldado for 10million when your budget was 4m and you made 3m from selling players?

2011/12

This will just be another low detail, catch-up update unfortunately as I don't have the time to go through the months I have played in one go.

OVERVIEW OF SUMMERS TRANSFERS

View attachment 64778

AUGUST

Everton 2 - 1 Chelsea (Soldado, Heitinga) COMMUNITY SHIELD

A good way to start the season, another trophy in the cabinet. That takes our tally to 6 now after a Premier League title, 2 FA Cups, a Europa League title, a European Super Cup and now the Community Shield. Hopefully we can continue these winning ways and pick up some bigger trophies this season.

Wigan 0 - 3 Everton (Soldado, Heitinga x2)
Everton 2 - 0 Wolves (Soldado, Fellaini)
Aston Villa 0 - 0 Everton
Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle (Jagielka)

Good start to the season with 10 points from 4 games. Not a bad result away to Villa either as they are a good team. Not a goal conceded which is brilliant considering no new additions were brought in.

SEPTEMBER

Man City 1 - 0 Everton
Anderlecht 1 - 3 Everton (Hamsik, Fellaini x2) CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Everton 1 - 1 Arsenal (Yakubu)
Everton 3 - 1 Stoke (Hamsik x2, Yakubu) LEAGUE CUP 3RD ROUND
Everton 1 - 1 Blackburn (Soldado)
Everton 7 - 0 RC Lens (Veratti x2, Soldado x2, Neymar, Rodwell, Costanzo O.G)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Overall pretty disappointing. We really should have beat City but couldn't take our chances, they had 1 SOT and scored it which is pretty typical. Dropped points against Blackburn at home which is also disappointing, they seem to be a bit of a bogey team. Great win to round off the month, our highest scoring win since I took charge.

OCTOBER

West Ham 0 - 4 Everton (Hulk, Soldado, Veratti x2)
Chelsea 1 - 1 Everton (Jagielka)
Bayern 1 - 1 Everton (Hulk)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Everton 2 - 0 Stoke (Veratti, Neymar)
Sheff Utd 2 - 3 Everton (Yakubu, Hulk x2)
LEAGUE CUP 4TH ROUND
W.B.A 1 - 4 Everton (Soldado, Hamsik, Hulk, Baines)
Everton 4 - 0 Bayern (Soldado, Hamsik, Yakubu, Yobo)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Great month which saw us win every league game apart from a trip to the bridge, where a draw is a brilliant result. Also saw us safely through in the Champions League where we can hopefully avoid a giant like Barcelona, who we met at the 1st knockout stage last year.

NOVEMBER

Everton 1 - 1 Liverpool (Stuckmann)
Bolton 0 - 3 Everton (Neymar, Yobo, Sanogo)
Everton 3 - 0 Anderlecht (Soldado x2, Hamsik)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Everton 4 - 1 Sunderland (Yobo, Hulk, Veratti, Hamsik)

Still in the process of playing November but now we are up to date they will be in much more detail from now on :)

View attachment 64780

Only just off the pace in the league so far, 4 points behind leaders Chelsea. Another top 4 finish would be sufficient for me, but if we can keep this form up we will be giving Chelsea a right go right until the end.

View attachment 64781

U.S.A FIXTURES

Anguilla 0 - 3 USA (Altidore x2, Edu) FRIENDLY
Kuwait 1 - 1 USA (Altidore)
FRIENDLY
Qatar 0 - 3 USA (Donovan x2, Davies)
FRIENDLY
Chinese Taipei 1 - 5 USA (Altidore x2, Donovan x2, Convey) FRIENDLY
Cuba 0 - 2 USA (Altidore, Cherundolo)
FRIENDLY
ICELAND 1 - 0 USA

Not bad reesults but they are pretty weak friendlies to be honest. Looking forward to more competitive matches to see what we can really do.

good stuff. what are your corner tactics because your defenders seem to be scoring quite a few

You're doing very well. Looking forward for the next update :)

View attachment 64783

Man United 0 - 3 Everton (Soldado x2, Hulk) LEAGUE CUP QUARTER FINALS

Everton draw Aston Villa or Spurs in Semi-Finals.

Just finished 4th season. Got 4th in the league, another Champions League season awaits, won the League Cup, lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup Final. Think thats it, oh no wait, I won the Champions League to!

Beat Porto, Marseille and then Juventus in the final. Pretty easy run to be fair!

Don't know whether or not to carry on with this game now and try to dominate in the Premier League. Slipped down to 4th last season because I invested a lot of my money in youth. Would be cool to see the young players come through but I am quite fancying a league 1 or Championship team. Any ideas?

I'd personally carry on until I'd won back to back prem titles, then maybe take over a sleeping giant like ajax or something and restore them to former glory

try taking a team that is tipped for relegation from EPL or for play offs in championship and win the champions league :)

For now I have left the game with Everton there as I know I will want to go back and raise the youth to become the best team in the world for years to come. Started a game with Charlton as I pressed random and they come up, just as I was watching them on TV! Doing well but will not be writing it up as a story, will keep this thread open to maybe come back to in the future!

jus a quick question where do you get the skin Gae Bolg from?