Another top update mate. Following all the way, KIU!

And don't change the layout, it's very good this way.

I had no intention of changing anything except the size of each update. I was unsure whether to make them smaller or not, but time limitations have forced my hand. When the blog system comes in, I'll go back to larger updates

Cheers for following, just an odd comment here and there provides good motivation. Thank you

Love reading this story, genuine anticipation for each new update, keep it up! :)

Shinji Kagawa?(actualy you was get him already)
reading this story like reading a book(we want an update!)

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint Joss, but there is unlikely to be an update before christmas :'(
I'm working ridiculous hours at the minute but started writing again this evening. My workload should return to normal at the turn of the year so I can concentrate fully on this. Sorry mate

Im just been reading this story and its brilliant, looking forward to when it gets back on track..

Sorry to disappoint Joss, but there is unlikely to be an update before christmas :'(
I'm working ridiculous hours at the minute but started writing again this evening. My workload should return to normal at the turn of the year so I can concentrate fully on this. Sorry mate

You should be sorry :'( lol nah mate I know its a busy time of year, and so long as you put your time into it then I'm pretty sure all of us don't mind waiting because I know the next update will be amazing as always :p

Take your time, we are not going anywhere and there is no rush.

i love this unique way of doing a story, well done mate keep it up !

Just started to read and I got to say, impressive story indeed. Eagerly waiting for updates. Thanks for the effort you are putting in it and of course keep up the good work!

I just finished reading through it all and can't wait for the next update!! Really brilliant writing! I am very interested to see where you go with this...

From Borussia With Love

III - The Land Of The Rising Sun - continued

The Dortmund manager soldiered on requardless of his lingering hangover, his synapses not quite firing at full throttle despite the best efforts of his scouting friend and his trusted remedies. The coffee simply hadn't taken effect just yet. Klopp soon became mesmerized by the quick feet of the Japanese youngster, unable to follow his swift movements and silky footwork; the double vision was hardly helping his cause. Within just thirty minutes of play, it was evident that Kagawa had a serious eye for goal, along with an innate intelligence and natural movement off the ball. He'd be a great asset for Borussia Dortmund, a team that was overly dependant upon the abilities of Lucas Barrios to find the net.

'I think I've seen enough Norb. This kid is the real deal,' Klopp declared.

'He certainly is,' Dickel agreed, 'We should act now though, I've seen scouts from a few dutch sides sniffing around in the last few days.'

Klopp immediately phoned Dortmund's chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke, a man with whom he'd never really seen eye to eye. Watzke was an arrogant man with a strong influence over the club's board of directors. He'd often abuse this power, and he appeared to look down upon the Dortmund boss. The time difference translated to just three o'clock over in Germany, and the Borussian executive was far from impressed at Klopp's ill-judged appeal.

'What the **** is going on? It's three in the morning, for Christ's sake!' he moaned in a disorientated manner. Klopp scrunched his face in embarrassment, annoyed that he'd made such an error with a man he could scarcely afford to irritate.

'Oh my God, I'm so sorry Hans. I'm in Japan and I completely forgot about the difference in time,' the remorseful Dortmund manager apologised. 'I'll call back in a few hours.'

Having aggravated this relationship further, Klopp reluctantly followed Dickel as the pair hurried across town towards the Osaka Nagai Stadium, home of Cerezo Osaka, and meeting place of their busy chairman. They were eager not to keep him waiting, although Klopp was still nursing his self-inflicted head pain, and could barely manage to keep up with the enegetic scout. Dickel had arranged a meeting to coincide with the end of scheduled training, and the session had slightly overrun. Fortunately, the enthusiastic chairman was awaiting patiently, and with open arms, ready to welcome the Dortmund double act upon arrival. He was an incredibly friendly man, with looks that belied his age.

The board room was typically modern and full of needless luxuries, with prodigious projection screens and an array of leather surrounding the colossal, yet narrow, gleaming oak veneer table. The room was lit elaborately, with numerous dazzling spotlights overhead, and the occassional plant accompanied by an uplighter. It was noticable that even the pictures, subtle and delicate in their subject, were individually lit, as the German duo were beckoned inside. The effulgence grated on the Dortmund manager immediately as he took his seat, scolding his eyes and forcing his surging headache into continuum. It was so sleek and clean, with the gloss black ceiling reflecting images of the three men as they went about their business, a complete contradiction to the more traditional, oriental outlook that the venue maintained from the outside.

'Welcome to Osaka, my European friends,' spoke the chairman as he placed his hands together firmly. 'I understand that you have taken an interest in young Shinji,' he continued, his English far superseding that of the Dortmund boss.

'He's a player we like, yes. We'd like to buy.'

The discussion continued for almost an hour, the difficulties in communication prolonging the meeting greater than expected, until both parties finally reached an agreement.

'Kagawa will, should he agree, travel to Germany for trial. Should a fee be negotiated successfully during this period, he shall become a Borussia Dortmund player,' the Osaka chairman concluded.

The men stood, shaking hands purposefully, broad smiles strewn across each one's face, 'Thank You,' Klopp acknowledged with a nod as he reached for his cell phone. He called his chief executive just moments after the deal had been brokered.

'Jurgen,' he answered. 'So, what is so important that you felt the need to wake me this morning?' Hans questioned spitefully, barely making any effort to hide his sarcasm.

'I apologise Hans, I am terribly sorry about earlier. Norbert and I have found a real gem, and we'd like to take it further if there is room in our budget. It seems that he is being monitored by a number of big clubs,' Klopp humbly requested.

'Alright, I'll send Lars to have a look at him. He is our director of youth after all, I'm sure he can make a more suitable judgement.'

Klopp ended the call, furious that his chief executive could belittle his opinion in such a way. Sure, Lars Ricken was a knowledgable man, but with other clubs after the youngster's signature, could he leave it all up to the fate of the Gods?

Last edited:
Cheers guys, hopefully more to come this weekend, possibly the final 2 updates of this chapter. Thanks for following :)

Just read this and it is very good. I am thinking of starting a story too any tips ?

Very good mate, can tell a lot of work has gone into it. Keep it up :)