Reaction score
This is a Leedsunited1987 and a timmsy123 joint challenge to see if we can break the Real Madrid and Barcalona strangle hold on La Liga and we will post our progress on here so we hope u all enjoy............ here we go

This is a Leedsunited1987 and a timmsy123 joint challenge to see if we can break the Real Madrid and Barcalona strangle hold on La Liga and we will post our progress on here so we hope u all enjoy............ here we go

Good luck with that defence!!

Good luck, I enjoy Athletico Madrid's quality of attack.

How often we going to update mate? You starting now? Any rules you have before we get underway?

well we can do monthly updates plus player stats such as leading goalscorer for tht month and so on..... no rules, but only 1 enjoy the challenge

i did it in 5 years lets see how long it will take you lot....good luck

Atletico Madrid Announce a shock appoinment in Englishman Chris Barber
Barber said to the Spanish media " Too long have Real Madrid and Barcalona dominater La Liga it is time for a change and we we will be the team to do it"

Ok mate, monthly updates it is :) will try and make it as interesting as possible :)

View attachment 30462

Today Atletico Madrid have announce that Matthew Timms will be taking over the vacan managers post at the club. Timms, a somewhat unknown in the world of professional football looked elated at today's press conference and stated that he was delighted to take over the helm and was looking forward to leading the club to future success.

View attachment 30463

On taking over at the club Timms noted that the squad is rather thin and finances are tight at the club so strengthening the team will have to be done mainly through loans and free signings. Also the weakest area of the team is its woeful defence and new faces are needed in this department.

Silviu Lung Jr £2Million

Ebi Smolareck Free

Francois Clerc £2.8Million

Barber says " we are excieted by the prospect of Silviu Lung Jr although we have highly rated keeper asenjo i though he needed some compition so we brought Lung Jr to the club.. Smolareck is a good striker and will give us other options up front, Clerc adds some back up for the defence.
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...ev=/images?q=ebi+smolarek&hl=en&safe=off&um=1

Transfers In:

View attachment 30466
Alessandro Gamberini £14million

View attachment 30467
Juan Manuel Vargas £15million

View attachment 30468
Jorge Anrdade £Free

View attachment 30469

Ebi Smolarek £Free

View attachment 30478
Mickael Chretien £8million

View attachment 30477
Marco Verratti £300k

View attachment 30470
Romelu Lukaku £2.2million

View attachment 30471
Mats Rits £700k

Transfers Out:
Maxi Rodriguez - Man City (£22million - it was his minimum fee release :S)

Jose Antonio Lopez - Bayern Munich (£10million)

When asked about his transfer dealings, Timms replied 'Losing Maxi and Jose were big blows but they managed to create funds which we've used to strengthen our previously weak defence, Gamberini is a world class centre back and Andrade provides us with good cover. Juan Manuel fills the void left by Jose and is as good if not better. Rits, Verratti and Lukaku will feature intermittently this season and are more ones for the future'

Transfers In:

View attachment 30466
Alessandro Gamberini £14million

View attachment 30467
Juan Manuel Vargas £15million

View attachment 30468
Jorge Anrdade £Free

View attachment 30469

Ebi Smolarek £Free

View attachment 30478
Mickael Chretien £8million

View attachment 30477
Marco Verratti £300k

View attachment 30470
Romelu Lukaku £2.2million

View attachment 30471
Mats Rits £700k

Transfers Out:
Maxi Rodriguez - Man City (£22million - it was his minimum fee release :S)

Jose Antonio Lopez - Bayern Munich (£10million)

When asked about his transfer dealings, Timms replied 'Losing Maxi and Jose were big blows but they managed to create funds which we've used to strengthen our previously weak defence, Gamberini is a world class centre back and Andrade provides us with good cover. Juan Manuel fills the void left by Jose and is as good if not better. Rits, Verratti and Lukaku will feature intermittently this season and are more ones for the future'
i was gonna say where u get the money, but some ver y good signings there

i was gonna say where u get the money, but some ver y good signings there

Cheers mate, i looked at Clerc but opted for Chretien instead couldn't afford Rafinha from Schalke either so settled on Chretien, got the money from selling Rodriguez and Reyes, took my buget up to just shy of £40million :D

Cheers mate, i looked at Clerc but opted for Chretien instead couldn't afford Rafinha from Schalke either so settled on Chretien, got the money from selling Rodriguez and Reyes, took my buget up to just shy of £40million :D
cool i think i may try a different approach and train up the clubs young players using my own training schedule, i am looking to sell Maxi Rodriguez as i can get 21 million for him so i can strengthen the team a little.... who u get in the champions league qualifier

cool i think i may try a different approach and train up the clubs young players using my own training schedule, i am looking to sell Maxi Rodriguez as i can get 21 million for him so i can strengthen the team a little.... who u get in the champions league qualifier

Yeah i got £22mill for him, Camacho's a good little prospect and Alvaro Dominguez, i just use Tugs Training to be honest. I'm not that far yet mate the draw hasn't been made, you?

i got fiorentina and have played the home leg which i will put in my first update which will be tomorrow as i am at uni all day so will not get much chance....

Oright mate cool good luck with the qualifier mate, i'll do my first update tomorrow to pal :)