From The Championship To The Champions League - A Brighton & Hove Albion Story

Sam91

Reaction score
Brighton Hire Birch

Brighton_and_Hove_Albion_logo.JPG

Brighton & Hove Albion have finally announced Gus Poyet's replacement in Youth Coach Sam Birch. Mr Birch grew up around the Brighton area and has been a Youth Coach at the club since 2009. Gus Poyet's sacking has been widely criticised in the media after Brighton announced his sacking on Twitter whilst Poyet was live on TV working as a pundit in the Confederations Cup for the BBC.

It will be interesting to see how Mr Birch copes with the big step up, many expect him to bring in exciting young players and help Brighton go that one step further and secure promotion to the big time after falling short last season getting knocked out in the Play-Off Semi Finals.

Good luck man, shame about the Southampton save but will be interesting seeing you take Brighton on

You seem to hava an affinity for the South Coast...................

Good luck

Good luck mate! Enjoyed managing Brighton from my story got 2 league cups, reached semi's of FA and Euro Cup so hopefully you can have more success then me! Bridcutt, Dunk, Forster-Caskey will turn out great and Ulloa and Mackail-Smith can both get 20 goals in the Championship.

Good luck mate! Enjoyed managing Brighton from my story got 2 league cups, reached semi's of FA and Euro Cup so hopefully you can have more success then me! Bridcutt, Dunk, Forster-Caskey will turn out great and Ulloa and Mackail-Smith can both get 20 goals in the Championship.
Cheers man, was driving past the AMEX yesterday which is what made me think about it!! They do have some pretty alright players to be fair Ulloa looks very decent.

You seem to hava an affinity for the South Coast...................

Good luck
Ha live down here :p

Good luck man, shame about the Southampton save but will be interesting seeing you take Brighton on
Gutted mate, was finding some seriously good regens on that save. Cheers :)

Ay up lad, good luck mate.

Need to get back to posting mine, heh

August 2012

changing-rooms-1200229-241782_478x359.jpg

Great start in the league
Struggle in the Capital One Cup
Not given a lot to spend in the market

Transfers

View attachment 375848

So I only spent money on one player in Neal Maupay, he was developing well on my previous save and I want to see how he'll be in a few years time. I loaned in a few players in Tom Cairney, Jordi Gomez, Scott Wootton and Jamie Reckord (I cancelled Leon Barnett's loan). We were only given £4m. I grabbed ex Chelsea left back Asier Del Horno on a free for a year as we had no left back at the club. Only notable player leaving was Craig Mackail-Smith as I'm only going to be playing with one striker.

Neal Maupay

View attachment 375850

Had to bring him in as I was enjoying him so much at Southampton I really want to develop him.

Jordi Gomez

View attachment 375851

He's a solid player and I wanted some depth in the team.

Scott Wootton

View attachment 375852

Young, hungry and talented. Exactly what I want here.

Tom Cairney

View attachment 375853

Great little player, very happy to get him on loan.

Marcus Maddison

View attachment 375855

Completely free and very low wages. Looks okay but wont feature.

Asier Del Horno

View attachment 375856

Very solid little left back, will be a good stop gap until I can find someone better next season.

Jamie Reckord

View attachment 375857

Only had Del Horno as a left back so I kind of panic signed after Jack Robinson's loan fell through due to a failed medical.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Brighton 5 - 0 Leeds

Ulloa(3), Buckley, Maupay

View attachment 375859

Wow, what a way to start the season. A stunning win over Leeds who are a decent team.

QPR 0 - 1 Brighton

Ulloa

Solid win here. Derry got sent off for them too just after the goal, it was very tight but Ulloa in the 71st minute with a tap in settled it.

Brighton 1 - 0 Birmingham

Barnes

We should have won by more here but Ashley Barnes' strike in the 10th minute gets us another 3 points and a clean sheet to boot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

First Round

Brighton 3 - 0 Newport County
AET

Gomez(2), Ulloa

This was our first game of the season and we had a ton of chances but poor finishing cost us. Jordi Gomez won it in extra time for us.

Second Round

Brighton 2 - 1 Wolves
AET

LuaLua(2)

View attachment 375869

Another extra time win in the COC!!! We deserved it to be fair and a double from Kazenga LuaLua sends us into the third round where we will face..... Chelsea!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So I couldn't have wished for a better start at the AMEX. A stunning win over Leeds, a win over QPR too which was suprising as they still have a good side. An expected win over Birmingham too. We haven't even conceded in the league yet which is pretty shocking as I'm normally quite poor defensively :p. We do have a very good keeper in Kuszczak and we have Matty Upson at the back too.

I know people are also going to be ''Oh another person who's signed Maupay'' but honestly have you ever seen him at like 23/24? Because I haven't and that's what I want to see. He's a very good forward and you can get him cheap so why not sign him I say. I'm not going to make my own life difficult.

Player of the Month

Leonardo Ulloa

ulloa-getty.jpg

The Argentine man has been sensational this month for us. One promotion hopes pin on this guy managing to get 20+ goals for us this season and he's nearly a quarter of the way there already.

Table

View attachment 375870

Other teams have already dropped points which is good for us. No doubt Wigan and QPR will be right up there though battling away so I'm aiming for Play-Off's.​

Oh another person who's signed Maupay.

Just kidding mate, looking good :)

Hi Sam my fulham story had to stop due to m getting a crash dump and i was thinking of starting a Brighton one but i'll leavie that one to you lol goodluck

How's solly march on lfc's update?
Poor, very poor. Like not even screenshot worthy poor.

Hi Sam my fulham story had to stop due to m getting a crash dump and i was thinking of starting a Brighton one but i'll leavie that one to you lol goodluck
Do one as Brighton mate will be good to compare :) or maybe Southampton :p

Oh another person who's signed Maupay.

Just kidding mate, looking good :)
HAHA :p

You shoud sign this player called Will Hughes, i heard he gets really good, never heard of this 'Maupay' though:p

September 2012

PA-9790931.jpg

Strong league form continues
Capital One Cup run comes to an abrupt end
Promotion on the cards for sure this season

League

Nottingham Forest 1 - 2 Brighton

LuaLua, Ulloa

We were heading for defeat against the bottom of the league team here until in the space of 3 minutes late on we scored twice. Fully deserved as well.

Brighton 0 - 0 Reading

Real bore draw here. NEXT.

Huddersfield 0 - 1 Brighton

Gomez

Phew. Another team struggling in the league that we limp past thanks to Jordi Gomez netting in the 92nd minute!!!

Brighton 4 - 1 Bolton

Barnes, Upson, Ulloa(2)

View attachment 375972

Boom. We face a team unbeaten in 6 matches and smash them!! Much better from the lads here, Ulloa is really on fire right now and Matty Upson is an absolute rock at the back.

Charlton 1 - 2 Brighton

Ulloa, Orlandi

Not as close as it looks. We went 2-0 up early on, they pulled one back just before half time but we saw the game out from there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Third Round

Chelsea 3 - 0 Brighton

Yeah... we got smashed. They had 35 shots!!! We were lucky it wasn't more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So another solid month, we actually seemed to struggle against the sides lower in the division!! Forest and Huddersfield have got off to a horrible start and if they do end up going down I will look to do some poaching, Oliver Norwood looks alright to be fair. Ulloa has continued his hot streak which is awesome and our defenders look very good especially Lewis Dunk.

I do hope I get some more money in January though as I want to strengthen certain areas of the team, we're ageing a bit in certain area.

Player of the Month

Lewis Dunk

135138.jpg

The young lad has done very well this month, really impressing me with some solid reliable displays. Showed great maturity.

Table

View attachment 375976

Wow, storming ahead with only ourselves and Middlesbrough undefeated. Wigan are really struggling and I expected QPR to storm this league but they've been pretty average when you look at their squad!!

Lewis Dunk has been doing well for Brighton on my Arsenal save he usually gets in the top 3 of young player of the month every month

loving the story man brighton are a really good side and should win promotion in first season and im sure you will Ulloa is great player + Maupay you can get promotion straight away good start pal Lewis Dunk and is it Forster-Caskey or somin are both very good aswell keep it up :D

Good start, I think promotion is on the cards. Is Maupay starting many games or is he just starting out as a squad player?

Good start, I think promotion is on the cards. Is Maupay starting many games or is he just starting out as a squad player?
He can't displace Ulloa right now, he's getting some game time though. He takes a bit of time to settle I found and Southampton but when he has he's unreal so after a few months he'll play more. Championship is a tough league for someone that young. But with the fixtures coming thick and fast he will play.

loving the story man brighton are a really good side and should win promotion in first season and im sure you will Ulloa is great player + Maupay you can get promotion straight away good start pal Lewis Dunk and is it Forster-Caskey or somin are both very good aswell keep it up :D
Cheers mate Ulloa is a beast so well rounded. Promotion is on the cards for sure.

Lewis Dunk has been doing well for Brighton on my Arsenal save he usually gets in the top 3 of young player of the month every month
Yeah the kids a boss, I'm rotating him Upson, Wootton and Greer quite a bit to maintain fitness.

He can't displace Ulloa right now, he's getting some game time though. He takes a bit of time to settle I found and Southampton but when he has he's unreal so after a few months he'll play more. Championship is a tough league for someone that young. But with the fixtures coming thick and fast he will play.

Cheers mate Ulloa is a beast so well rounded. Promotion is on the cards for sure.

Yeah the kids a boss, I'm rotating him Upson, Wootton and Greer quite a bit to maintain fitness.

very strong defenders you got there Kusczack great keeper in that league aswell gets golden glove every year

Looking good. Shame you got drawn to chelski so Early!