Fulham 3-0 Manchester United

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 4K
Looks what happens when United play a good team.

Murphy and Baird bossed Scholes and Anderson around, Anderson 'huge' potential is yet to blossom it seems.
Bet your over the moon with this result :D

Looks what happens when United play a good team.

Murphy and Baird bossed Scholes and Anderson around, Anderson 'huge' potential is yet to blossom it seems.
:S I doubt you watch him play much but anderson has been playing well this season which counts as potential blossoming. What do you mean, look what happens when united play a good team? we have played better teams than fulham this year.

It was a routine victory Max, United may have had injuries in defence but they still had a fully fit fit midfield and attack minus Giggs and Nani and none of them even tested Schwarzer, all he did was catch crosses. Didn't realise Owen was playing until he was subbed, Chris Baird is amazing, trust

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

:S I doubt you watch him play much but anderson has been playing well this season which counts as potential blossoming. What do you mean, look what happens when united play a good team? we have played better teams than fulham this year.

I just watched him play and he was rubbish

The only little bit of bright light on a glum day. Woy's a decent manager so it doesn't surprise me that he was able to exploit the Mancs problems in defence and midfield today.
I'll agree that Hodgson is a good manager because he's had chance to get used to his squad, learn about how they play best and work on the players weak spots, which is exactly what managers lack nowadays - time to build and gel.

A perfect example of a player that Hodgson has got the best out of would be Bobby Zam, Bobby was a reserve striker at West Ham with his career in pieces before he got to Fulham. Roy saw some promise in his ability and gave him starts, trained him right and made sure he was given the correct service and space to do what he does best on the pitch. Another example of a player that's been revived by Roy'd be Paul Konchesky, he was useless before Hodgson sorted his game out, now he is a top left back and I doubt many will argue the fact that he is one of the strongest home grown left backs in England.

Yeah de laet has been good for us. Their is nothing he has done in a united shirt to make me think he is ****. Just today i was reading about alex ferguson praising him and how he had made it into the belgium team which is quite impressive. Of course their are better players than him but their are better players than carrick, doesn't make him ****.

nothing made him stand out.

It was a routine victory Max, United may have had injuries in defence but they still had a fully fit fit midfield and attack minus Giggs and Nani and none of them even tested Schwarzer, all he did was catch crosses. Didn't realise Owen was playing until he was subbed, Chris Baird is amazing, trust

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

It really wasn't our strongest midfield, Fletcher and Carrick are arguably our best midfielders and they were both playing in defence.

True, but you would of thought Scholes and Anderson would be great players too but Murphy and Baird made them look just mediocre.

Yes that is true but i just wanted to point out that it was not our strongest midfield :D

Oh, i'm sorry. You've seen him play badly one time. I hadn't realised, i guess this officialy means that anderson is rubbish and is not reaching his potential because you saw him play badly in 1 of the 17 matches he has played.

nothing made him stand out.
Just because a player does not stand out does not make him ****.

I thought De Laet made some promising runs but he is a full back and not a centre half, I thought Carrick was going to distribute some quality long balls from central defence to unlock Owen or Rooney but none of that happened, United were poor in all area's of the field.

I'll agree that Hodgson is a good manager because he's had chance to get used to his squad, learn about how they play best and work on the players weak spots, which is exactly what managers lack nowadays - time to build and gel.

A perfect example of a player that Hodgson has got the best out of would be Bobby Zam, Bobby was a reserve striker at West Ham with his career in pieces before he got to Fulham. Roy saw some promise in his ability and gave him starts, trained him right and made sure he was given the correct service and space to do what he does best on the pitch. Another example of a player that's been revived by Roy'd be Paul Konchesky, he was useless before Hodgson sorted his game out, now he is a top left back and I doubt many will argue the fact that he is one of the strongest home grown left backs in England.

I should show more respect to Woy because he's one of the few English managers to have gained success abroad too. He was in Sweden IIRC and had a huge influence on Sven while there - he's a very tactically astute manager and I'd agree that a bit of stability at Fulham has allowed him time to patch together a squad of players who have some real quality. Clint Dempsey is a superb player, and he's really blossomed under Hodgson.

Unlucky Man Utd fans. Nice to see you so gracious in victory. (Hughes Sacked)

for some reason when i look at roy hodgson or hear him speak, i feel sorry for him

The United fan I went with weren't gracious in defeat, waited 20 minutes outside the ground for them and it turned out they left when 3rd goal went in. However, Andersen may be a good player but he is no world beater and is definitely not worth the 17 Million United payed for him, he used to score all the time for Sporting Lisbon but Fergie tried to turn him into a defensive midfielder and his goal scoring ability seems to have abandoned him.

Chris Baird isn't even a natural centre midfielder is he? Which shows just show bad Anderson and Scholes were in this game, although Anderson has been decent this season.

The United fan I went with weren't gracious in defeat, waited 20 minutes outside the ground for them and it turned out they left when 3rd goal went in. However, Andersen may be a good player but he is no world beater and is definitely not worth the 17 Million United payed for him, he used to score all the time for Sporting Lisbon but Fergie tried to turn him into a defensive midfielder and his goal scoring ability seems to have abandoned him.
See this is why i don't pay attention to rival fans opinions on anderson. I am convinced most of them just think he is **** because he has a poor goalscoring record.

Anderson has never played for sporting lisbon and even if he had playing him in a more defensive role would not suddenly make him a poor finisher.

ferguson should apologize to all man utd fans that went to watch

Back