Fulham 3-0 Manchester United

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 4K
Chris Baird isn't even a natural centre midfielder is he? Which shows just show bad Anderson and Scholes were in this game, although Anderson has been decent this season.

Baird has been moulded into a great Central Midfielder by Hodgson, he's much better than Etuhu or Greening although I love Etuhu, Baird just oozed class today.

I should show more respect to Woy because he's one of the few English managers to have gained success abroad too. He was in Sweden IIRC and had a huge influence on Sven while there - he's a very tactically astute manager and I'd agree that a bit of stability at Fulham has allowed him time to patch together a squad of players who have some real quality. Clint Dempsey is a superb player, and he's really blossomed under Hodgson.
I think everyone should give him more credit, he's tranformed Fulham completely, made their players more confident and done some fantastic business on his way. I doubt anyone can uestion the fact that he's one of the country's most underrated managers if not the most underrated manager in the prem. Apart from his work at Fulham, he's done wonders abroad like you said aswell, made his name known in sweden and across that region of europe. I wouldn't put it past TheFA offering him the England job after Capello leaves if he keeps performing like he is and if he keeps building on Fulham's current League & Continental form.

See this is why i don't pay attention to rival fans opinions on anderson. I am convinced most of them just think he is **** because he has a poor goalscoring record.

Anderson has never played for sporting lisbon and even if he had playing him in a more defensive role would not suddenly make him a poor finisher.

I'm not saying he is ***** because of his poor goal scoring record, I'm saying he didn't stand out as a 17 Million pound player too me, I was expecting a lot better from him.

I wouldn't say Anderson is ****, but I don't think he was worth £17M. I'd certainly have him in any team though if I had the chance.

See this is why i don't pay attention to rival fans opinions on anderson. I am convinced most of them just think he is **** because he has a poor goalscoring record.

Anderson has never played for sporting lisbon and even if he had playing him in a more defensive role would not suddenly make him a poor finisher.
If your not going to listen to rival fans opinions on him, will you listen to mine then. Anderson will never be a world beater, doesn't quite cut it for me, not clinical enough. Yes he makes good runs forward and has a solid pass but he can't shoot anymore. Seen some clips of him back in Portugal and I will admit he did look good but he hasn't shown enough in a Man Utd shirt to make me think he will be a star for the future. I hope I'm wrong though.

£30m for a striker that he leaves on the bench only for his team to lose without scoring? Ferguson obviously doesn't have a clue and should be sacked.

£30m for a striker that he leaves on the bench only for his team to lose without scoring? Ferguson obviously doesn't have a clue and should be sacked.

Too be fair, Owen did nothing but when Berbatov came on, he didn't really improve the situation, not a single United player provided Schwarzer with a real test.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

ferguson should apologize to all man utd fans that went to watch

Don't be silly, might as well ask Hodgson to apologise to United fans for beating them, the only real stand out team in the EPL at the moment is Chelsea

Im sure he knows what e is doing now, unlike rafa who should be sacked:@

If your not going to listen to rival fans opinions on him, will you listen to mine then. Anderson will never be a world beater, doesn't quite cut it for me, not clinical enough. Yes he makes good runs forward and has a solid pass but he can't shoot anymore. Seen some clips of him back in Portugal and I will admit he did look good but he hasn't shown enough in a Man Utd shirt to make me think he will be a star for the future. I hope I'm wrong though.
Don't know what you mean by world beater but i maintain anderson can be a really great midfielder, he's still young and the only proper weakness in his game is his shooting.

I think Lee is trying to say that if Rafa left a 30 Million pounds striker on the bench, everyone would be calling for his head.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Don't know what you mean by world beater but i maintain anderson can be a really great midfielder, he's still young and the only proper weakness in his game is his shooting.

You don't pay 17 Million plus for a 'good' midfielder

Yeah he probably should be sacked.......... if it wasn't for the fact that we're second............still in europe........ not mid table.............and he is a club legend........who has actually won the league.

I think everyone should give him more credit, he's tranformed Fulham completely, made their players more confident and done some fantastic business on his way. I doubt anyone can uestion the fact that he's one of the country's most underrated managers if not the most underrated manager in the prem. Apart from his work at Fulham, he's done wonders abroad like you said aswell, made his name known in sweden and across that region of europe. I wouldn't put it past TheFA offering him the England job after Capello leaves if he keeps performing like he is and if he keeps building on Fulham's current League & Continental form.

He's been close to the England job a couple of times - was on the shortlist of three when Capello was appointed. He was on the final shortlist back in the late 70s too when Greenwood was appointed. One of the big issues which has put some clubs off him is his reputation for being overly in love with 'direct' football.

It's a catch-22 for him though - he's got to play to the strengths and (relatively) limited abilities of his players, so unless someone gives him another chance with real quality it will be hard for him to demonstrate he can get teams playing the style which everyone is currently trying to emulate.

Fulham's European campaign is interesting precisely because you're getting to see the weaknesses in Hodgson's Fulham set-up (and every other team he's managed), as well as the strengths, when playing against continental teams who won't give the ball back easily if you punt it down the flanks all the time.

I think Lee is trying to say that if Rafa left a 30 Million pounds striker on the bench, everyone would be calling for his head.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

You don't pay 17 Million plus for a 'good' midfielder
It's wierd that you used quotation marks on the word good when i said he could become "a really great" midfield player, maybe better. so would you pay 17 million for a great midfield player.

Last edited:
I don't want to argue but I have seen players of his age play better, I've seen Hamsik play a couple of times and from what I have seen, he looks better. I'm just saying that Anderson will be a good midfielder but not a great one. If he can find his shooting boots then then maybe the rest of his game could improve.
He could become a great midfielder for all I know, but I just don't see the potential.
Don't be mad at me for just making an opinion, I think your a great guy. Just making an opinion :)

I'm far from being mad, jamie. fair enough if you think that, i hope your wrong.

What I'm trying to say is that Anderson to United was a bad signing for United in my view along with Nani, the fact that Baird had a better game and cost 14 Million less and taking into account that this is his first season as a midfielder shows how ineffective Anderson can really be, I know you love him and he does process some ability, I would of thought United would get better.

And what i'm trying to say is, i disagree with you. fair enough, your entitled to your opinion.

Benitez has left a £21million player Aquilani on the bench most games when he was match fit like

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

must be Baird only good match this season hav'nt heard much about him at all, apart from the day

Benitez has left a £21million player Aquilani on the bench most games when he was match fit like

too be fair aquilani has been out injured for 6months i think

benitez is just slowly introducing him

and he also has to adapt to the english game

Back