I tried everything, I did everything, I lose everything...too bad the other way around (tried nothing, did nothing, lose nothing) isn't that successful too. I've searched on the internet for everything
- Analyzing opponents
- Analyzing own team
- How to create tactic
- How to set training
- How to set opposition instructions
- How to exploit the weakness of opponent
- How to use shouts

I don't know where it all goes wrong...and I just keep buying the game because I like to play it but I obviously suck at it. I like the game, but I don't have fun with it. It just seems like you have to quit your hobby's and quit your day job to overanalyzing something, just to win a game.

I would LOVE to know what the learning curve for this ******* game is, because it's taking too **** long !

Losing again...because defenders make a fault they learn NOT to make in youth training
- Stay off the ball if you can't touch it good enough to get it anywhere save
- Don't defend to the center
I remember when I first played a fm game. It was cm4 and I was so rubbish I went on a 10 game losing streak and got sacked. So. I took a step back and played fmh until I was amazing at that and then the step up to fm wasn't so hard.

I can prove this, because were the computer to play another computer it would act differently.

Two computers playing FM2013 without any human interaction would result in a 0-0 draw, as a computer cannot out-think another computer. Both are made in more or less the same way.

That's the daftest thing I've ever heard. Download a chess game and make the computer play itself a few times. On anything other than a Deep Blue-esque difficulty level, it's perfectly possible for one of them to 'out-think' the other and win.

And chess has no random element, whereas in FM a goal can be scored even if your side has the theoretical 'perfect tactic', because occasionally players will screw up.

That's the daftest thing I've ever heard. Download a chess game and make the computer play itself a few times. On anything other than a Deep Blue-esque difficulty level, it's perfectly possible for one of them to 'out-think' the other and win.

And chess has no random element, whereas in FM a goal can be scored even if your side has the theoretical 'perfect tactic', because occasionally players will screw up.

FM already does this any way. That's how the games that you are not playing are done.

Very well Mike, maybe Paul could talk to some of those people who are not finding the game enjoyable and respond to their queries and complaints.

If you are done on the discussion then fine, but mark my words people will still be moaning about something not being right with the game months from now. This is probably the first time since the Steam introduction that people have complained about the game in significant droves.

Okay, we are not all computer experts, but most of us know what fairness is - and, regardless of what you or anybody else says, it is my opinion that the game at times is not fair. Granted, there may be freak games like the Sheffield United one where Sheffield United were left with six or so players on the pitch (?) but these are a million in one. The last game I played I lost five players through injury and scraped through 1-0 against a lower ranked side.

Try and see it from my side - every game I play, something will inevitably go wrong. Now, what am I supposed to think? Funnily enough, I had no problems on the Challenges - they were all completed quite quickly and I enjoyed playing them. FMC is also pretty good, but the main game is causing me concern.

I can understand you wishing to stand up for SI and co., Mike, and that is admirable. However when nothing will go right in the game, it saps out any bit of enjoyment and I might as well just lose every game because that it seems is what the game wants. If I then lose 10 games, I am out of the club I am managing. You see my point, I hope.

By the way, my cousin is a gamer and has written games in the past and his opinion is that the game is unbalanced - he's 36 and has MCSE, CCNA, CCEA, VCP,Oracle, Linux, Oracle, SQL, Shell, Cobol, BA Hons Visual Effects and BA (Hons) Digital Animation qualifications, so he's hardly another numptie moaner.

30304330.jpg

Very well Mike, maybe Paul could talk to some of those people who are not finding the game enjoyable and respond to their queries and complaints.

I think you will find that he and the SI -team actually does. I have read/browsed through at least 100s of answers in the last months. Naturally, this is on the SI-forum and not here. What they dont do though is debate over the same question/issue/widh over and over again.

The main issue with FM is the lack of feedback the user gets from the game if playing it with "highlights". This means that its hard to tell the difference between a bug, a slight flaw or a tactical/man management error. This has always been the case but in earlier edition, 99 % of these isues were to the users advantage so most people never really cared about how and why one won or lost.

If you are done on the discussion then fine, but mark my words people will still be moaning about something not being right with the game months from now. This is probably the first time since the Steam introduction that people have complained about the game in significant droves.

Okay, we are not all computer experts, but most of us know what fairness is - and, regardless of what you or anybody else says, it is my opinion that the game at times is not fair. Granted, there may be freak games like the Sheffield United one where Sheffield United were left with six or so players on the pitch (?) but these are a million in one. The last game I played I lost five players through injury and scraped through 1-0 against a lower ranked side.

Try and see it from my side - every game I play, something will inevitably go wrong. Now, what am I supposed to think? Funnily enough, I had no problems on the Challenges - they were all completed quite quickly and I enjoyed playing them. FMC is also pretty good, but the main game is causing me concern.

I can understand you wishing to stand up for SI and co., Mike, and that is admirable. However when nothing will go right in the game, it saps out any bit of enjoyment and I might as well just lose every game because that it seems is what the game wants. If I then lose 10 games, I am out of the club I am managing. You see my point, I hope.

If you read the SI forums you'd see he does exactly that when given time.

Not enjoying the game hasn't got anything to do with arguing that the game is balanced against you, which is what you have been doing. There is a very very big difference between arguing something is too hard, and trying to say its scripted against you. The former is subjective depending on the user, and the latter is a fact that it is NOT scripted against you.

Yes sometimes thing go your way, sometimes they don't. Ever watched a game of football? happens all the time. This is reflected in FM. But again doesn't mean the game is against you, since it can and does also go your way.

People moan every year the game is too hard, people also moan its too easy. This year is harder, because you actually have to think about what you are doing and why. The ME is harder to exploit, the AI has a better grasp that ever before. People are having to actually manage more than before.

Your opinions is yours, and you are entitled to it, but in the face of the fact that the game isn't weighted against you, its simply wrong.

Have you honestly ever stopped to think that you might not be as good at it as you think? There is a lot more to the main game than there is in the FMC challenges, and rather than trying to blame the game, you'd get a lot further in trying to see where you are going wrong and get advice from others who are doing well. Take a look at the tactical threads here and on he SI forums, there are people winning in droves, i'd start by reading the threads by Cleon.

It's not a case of standing up for SI or anyone. As I've pointed out many times, there are certainly lots of areas where the game can be improved. Its simply arguing for some that is true against something that is false. As long as you continue to believe the game is against you, you wont get anywhere, and you honestly might as well give up with FM because you wont improve and you will continue to be frustrated and not enjoy it.

Last edited:
The main issue with FM is the lack of feedback the user gets from the game if playing it with "highlights". This means that its hard to tell the difference between a bug, a slight flaw or a tactical/man management error. This has always been the case but in earlier edition, 99 % of these isues were to the users advantage so most people never really cared about how and why one won or lost.

Nail hit on head. People are being asked to manage more than ever, and they dont like it. Which is odd when you consider the name of the game.

There certainly could be better in game feedback, the assistant manager is getting better but needs to improve more and more.

This is by far the best game of the series, the fact that sometime you may go on a bad run or get a sound beating and have to step back and look at it a different way, the last game was like a plug and play and it could be harder to lose then win in some games, myself personally I would rather the challenge and feel like I earn a win then just sit back and watch, but I guess we all want and enjoy different things.. and sometimes the game can be a pain but hey it's a case of eat concrete and harden up

Hmm.. so if it is a bug, what then?

I have used the new patch and it's still the same old story. I'm sorry if it bugs you going over old ground, but it also bugs me that I'm getting nowhere with the main game of FM2013. If I could actually make progress, then maybe I would be more inclined to shut the heck up.

Oh, and Duncs, I am proud of my cousin as well. He's one of the top IT guys for the NHS in the East Midlands.

This is by far the best game of the series, the fact that sometime you may go on a bad run or get a sound beating and have to step back and look at it a different way, the last game was like a plug and play and it could be harder to lose then win in some games, myself personally I would rather the challenge and feel like I earn a win then just sit back and watch, but I guess we all want and enjoy different things.. and sometimes the game can be a pain but hey it's a case of eat concrete and harden up

Not when I have the dentist this week! :eek:

Mike, honestly if I wasn't any good at the game then I would have had the honesty to admit it.

I have got a good tactic and 9/10 times it works - even if I lose to a side in the same league as me, if it's a deserved win for them then I will hold my hands up and say 'well done, they deserved it'. However, when my players do not obey instructions or when I'm getting 5-6 injuries in a game or I am conceding stupid nonsensical goals which any defender or goalkeeper in Primary School could stop then that does kind of boil my blood.

The point I am trying to make is that when the stupid things in the game happen that it isn't fair. It is annoying and frustrating to know I have spent good money and I now no longer look forward to playing the game. I am always fearful for the next glaring error, and I often do not have long to wait for it.

If the stupid things, which would not happen in any game (a ball going through a goalkeeper for one!) stopped, then I would have no issues and I could get on with playing the game and not annoy the mods.

Mike, honestly if I wasn't any good at the game then I would have had the honesty to admit it.

I have got a good tactic and 9/10 times it works - even if I lose to a side in the same league as me, if it's a deserved win for them then I will hold my hands up and say 'well done, they deserved it'. However, when my players do not obey instructions or when I'm getting 5-6 injuries in a game or I am conceding stupid nonsensical goals which any defender or goalkeeper in Primary School could stop then that does kind of boil my blood.

The point I am trying to make is that when the stupid things in the game happen that it isn't fair. It is annoying and frustrating to know I have spent good money and I now no longer look forward to playing the game. I am always fearful for the next glaring error, and I often do not have long to wait for it.

If the stupid things, which would not happen in any game (a ball going through a goalkeeper for one!) stopped, then I would have no issues and I could get on with playing the game and not annoy the mods.

You....have seen England performances in the past right?

SimonP12 I understand where you're coming from when your team starts playing like a pub team for no reason or strikers seem to miss loads of sitters in a game you should be winning but are 3-0 down so on so forth and it does feel like a kick in the teeth sometimes, whenever it happens to me I just take a break from the game and come back with a fresh mind so to speak.

Ajt09 - LOL very true I must say.

Movin Pics - That's what I try and do, and hopefully the game will be a bit more of an enjoyable experience. I don't hate the game, far from it I admire what work has gone into it. It is just sometimes it doesn't seem to go right.

Rough with smooth as they say... if the problems continue I'll let a mod know directly.

I thought they changed the strikers so they have to go around defenders instead of being able to glitch through them like on previous FMs.

SSSSHHHH!!!!! You can't complain about the game on this website or the admins will close your thread, like mine. :(