SSSSHHHH!!!!! You can't complain about the game on this website or the admins will close your thread, like mine. :(

No they don't. It's only closed if pointless rants are posted, small rants aren't posted on the frustrations thread, they're full of foul language, or just basically repeat what is already said loads of times-which has occured. Ones which are constructive and thoughtfully posted usually remain open a while. Which is fair

They closed mine when there was no need for it, its just rude. Mine wasn't full of foul language, it had a few swear wear words in it but so what- we're not in ****** primary school. They're so many sections on this website that you don't know where to post, you post in one section and that's apparently wrong then you have to go somewhere else. I rose a few points about the game and there was a little debate going on, yet the admins had to close it. It seems to me that they only did this as they disagreed with my opinions.

SSSSHHHH!!!!! You can't complain about the game on this website or the admins will close your thread, like mine. :(

6642846615_62dc94d095.jpg

They closed mine when there was no need for it, its just rude. Mine wasn't full of foul language, it had a few swear wear words in it but so what- we're not in ****** primary school. They're so many sections on this website that you don't know where to post, you post in one section and that's apparently wrong then you have to go somewhere else. I rose a few points about the game and there was a little debate going on, yet the admins had to close it. It seems to me that they only did this as they disagreed with my opinions.

Debate? You opened it because you thought it was down to bugs, turns out it wasnt. You then wanted talked sacrificing realism for more fun. Even though the editor that comes with the game allows for that. Hardly a debate.

Mike, honestly if I wasn't any good at the game then I would have had the honesty to admit it.

I have got a good tactic and 9/10 times it works - even if I lose to a side in the same league as me, if it's a deserved win for them then I will hold my hands up and say 'well done, they deserved it'. However, when my players do not obey instructions or when I'm getting 5-6 injuries in a game or I am conceding stupid nonsensical goals which any defender or goalkeeper in Primary School could stop then that does kind of boil my blood.

The point I am trying to make is that when the stupid things in the game happen that it isn't fair. It is annoying and frustrating to know I have spent good money and I now no longer look forward to playing the game. I am always fearful for the next glaring error, and I often do not have long to wait for it.

If the stupid things, which would not happen in any game (a ball going through a goalkeeper for one!) stopped, then I would have no issues and I could get on with playing the game and not annoy the mods.

You are not annoying the mods. At the end of the day we both want you to keep playing. I'm not saying you are rubbish at the game, what I am saying is that (bugs aside) is you are struggling with some aspects and people are doing well, then you'd be better off looking at them for advice than blaming the game.

I don't believe this game reflects a player's tactical abilities.

One of the reasons we play this game is obviously to test ours. I like to think myself as a person with at least some talents but the way the game reacts is nowhere near realistic. One simple thing can change the entire tactic.

In reality there isn't that much variety of tactics. Most teams play almost always similar to their average character. Of course they play whole differently in matches against bigger teams, or when they don't need the win or something. But that's a different thing. A team can fail miserably or do wonders in real but tactic isn't THAT game changer.

In this game you can almost win every match with "right" settings. I'm not saying one can win every match like this, I'm just saying there is at least one combination to win a match against any team. This is not realistic. Tactics should, of course, have effects and should change things but they should not be that much sensitive.

No matter how much you like to think "you can't just buy players and expect to win everything" that's the way it works in reality. I don't reject there are other factors I reject tactics are that much important. In real, matches are won with in-game changes, in the game shouts don't have that much effect. You do whatever you want against a team with explosive wingers you can't stop them. Or you can't prevent conceding even with all worldclass defenders.

In real, with "only some" ability, any team with loads of money can do anything. If you don't take City and PSG as a sample I don't know what to tell you.

I actually think the game insults to my (and most of our's) abilities. I don't mean to praise myself here, I'm just saying where one thing I do suppose to work wonders, it reacts horrendously. Ruins everything. It's like going in a sanctuary and peeing everywhere. I don't expect everything to work super well, but I expect SOME things to work. But nothing works. When a reaction to a creative thing is not valued in it's worth, you feel treated unjustly.

And you can't call me impatient. I played 4 or 5 seasons in FM12 with much less success than you'd expect. And with FM13, i'm at my 2nd season and it's going about the same. For me, it's always the same. I find a tactic, I use it, it starts with half familiarity yet it starts from the first second as a wonder and goes on for like 10-15 matches and then it starts to screw up out of nowhere. This is not realistic. If it got better I'd understand but the whole mechanics of this game is totally pointless actually. Familiarity means nothing. I've seen tactics that annihaletes the opponent even when applied DURING a match, in the half-time or something.

The most obvious sign that the game is unbalanced is the ridiculous goals from crosses. Always a player comes from back and the medium-speed low ball just passes half meters away from each three or more defenders and the attacker rushes and scores in six yard box. I stopped counting how many goals I conceded this way. Actually, in the same way, right now my keeper just dropped the ball from his hand in the most uncanny way... I remember one goal I conceded that the keeper actually spinned like a log while trying to get the ball. How can a game with this much of ridiculousness be fair in any way?

Or what about enormous level of differences between patches? How is it normal for it to change this much? Any tactic can hit top and rock bottom between any two patches. Tactics does not change. This is not realistic.

Stop saying the game reacts the AI in the same way it reacts to you. It's just random and it can be in anyone's advantage. And since the AI literally reads the ME, it knows exactly what to change in micro level. It just reads raw mathmatical data and reacts the best way possible mathmatically within it's ability. But a player has no chance of doing that since every bit of change is nowhere near what we take them as.

If AI had a sense of understanding of some ideologies of tactics and the appliance of it differed, differed vastly, in occasions, then it would've been fair. But this is not the case.

I'm actually surprised more people are not complaining about the game. Or maybe they are, I'm just not seeing.

Last edited:
the problem aint the game its you!.. do realise its close to real than ever before.. i also bought it and am enjoying it.. am now scouting now regens with a superb potential myself.. now i can make small changes here & there.. i have lost count of how many times the press called me a tactical tinkerer so what are you on about? about time people quit this moaning thing.. even our real lives are full of errors.. lol.. QPR just beat an in form Chelsea a few weeks ago.. Bradford beat Aston Villa in the Carling cup.. Chelsea lost to Corinthians in the club world cup.. MUFC struggled with both Westham & West Brom.. so if you face these in the game why is it unreal.. are you satisfied if u win everything & never get to make any board requests and or even develop your own players? do u even look @ the steam achievements? do u wanna get any of them? Geez! some of you just suck.. dont play any more then.. this game is actually for tactical minded people anyway.. you can go play Car race.. sorry if i sound harsh am only joking a bit.. all in all am having fun this year in the game.. (K):p

the problem aint the game its you!.. do realise its close to real than ever before.. i also bought it and am enjoying it.. am now scouting now regens with a superb potential myself.. now i can make small changes here & there.. i have lost count of how many times the press called me a tactical tinkerer so what are you on about? about time people quit this moaning thing.. even our real lives are full of errors.. lol.. QPR just beat an in form Chelsea a few weeks ago.. Bradford beat Aston Villa in the Carling cup.. Chelsea lost to Corinthians in the club world cup.. MUFC struggled with both Westham & West Brom.. so if you face these in the game why is it unreal.. are you satisfied if u win everything & never get to make any board requests and or even develop your own players? do u even look @ the steam achievements? do u wanna get any of them? Geez! some of you just suck.. dont play any more then.. this game is actually for tactical minded people anyway.. you can go play Car race.. sorry if i sound harsh am only joking a bit.. all in all am having fun this year in the game.. (K):p

It's unreal to not win 7 matches in a row, then win 20 matches in a row, then not win 6 matches in a row again.

I don't believe this game reflects a player's tactical abilities.

One of the reasons we play this game is obviously to test ours. I like to think myself as a person with at least some talents but the way the game reacts is nowhere near realistic. One simple thing can change the entire tactic.

In reality there isn't that much variety of tactics. Most teams play almost always similar to their average character. Of course they play whole differently in matches against bigger teams, or when they don't need the win or something. But that's a different thing. A team can fail miserably or do wonders in real but tactic isn't THAT game changer.

In this game you can almost win every match with "right" settings. I'm not saying one can win every match like this, I'm just saying there is at least one combination to win a match against any team. This is not realistic. Tactics should, of course, have effects and should change things but they should not be that much sensitive.

No matter how much you like to think "you can't just buy players and expect to win everything" that's the way it works in reality. I don't reject there are other factors I reject tactics are that much important. In real, matches are won with in-game changes, in the game shouts don't have that much effect. You do whatever you want against a team with explosive wingers you can't stop them. Or you can't prevent conceding even with all worldclass defenders.

In real, with "only some" ability, any team with loads of money can do anything. If you don't take City and PSG as a sample I don't know what to tell you.

I actually think the game insults to my (and most of our's) abilities. I don't mean to praise myself here, I'm just saying where one thing I do suppose to work wonders, it reacts horrendously. Ruins everything. It's like going in a sanctuary and peeing everywhere. I don't expect everything to work super well, but I expect SOME things to work. But nothing works. When a reaction to a creative thing is not valued in it's worth, you feel treated unjustly.

And you can't call me impatient. I played 4 or 5 seasons in FM12 with much less success than you'd expect. And with FM13, i'm at my 2nd season and it's going about the same. For me, it's always the same. I find a tactic, I use it, it starts with half familiarity yet it starts from the first second as a wonder and goes on for like 10-15 matches and then it starts to screw up out of nowhere. This is not realistic. If it got better I'd understand but the whole mechanics of this game is totally pointless actually. Familiarity means nothing. I've seen tactics that annihaletes the opponent even when applied DURING a match, in the half-time or something.

The most obvious sign that the game is unbalanced is the ridiculous goals from crosses. Always a player comes from back and the medium-speed low ball just passes half meters away from each three or more defenders and the attacker rushes and scores in six yard box. I stopped counting how many goals I conceded this way. Actually, in the same way, right now my keeper just dropped the ball from his hand in the most uncanny way... I remember one goal I conceded that the keeper actually spinned like a log while trying to get the ball. How can a game with this much of ridiculousness be fair in any way?

Or what about enormous level of differences between patches? How is it normal for it to change this much? Any tactic can hit top and rock bottom between any two patches. Tactics does not change. This is not realistic.

Stop saying the game reacts the AI in the same way it reacts to you. It's just random and it can be in anyone's advantage. And since the AI literally reads the ME, it knows exactly what to change in micro level. It just reads raw mathmatical data and reacts the best way possible mathmatically within it's ability. But a player has no chance of doing that since every bit of change is nowhere near what we take them as.

If AI had a sense of understanding of some ideologies of tactics and the appliance of it differed, differed vastly, in occasions, then it would've been fair. But this is not the case.

I'm actually surprised more people are not complaining about the game. Or maybe they are, I'm just not seeing.

You've bascially done the classic "its not me, its the game excuse". When you consider that lots of people are having success at all levels, that doesnt really hold up, does it?

The game does react the same way. That's a fact, and thus I refuse to stop saying it. If you dont like it, thats your problem. I'm not interested in backing down when I'm stating something that is factually correct.

Long worded, but still ultimately flawed for the very same reasons I pointed out to Simon. You have confused game design with some of the bugs that are in the game. I have no interest in repeating myself, especially when I've said is backed by those who make the game, unless of course you are calling them liars.

We all play the same game, and there are plenty of people who are very successful, and get their team playing exactly how they want.

Shouts do work in game, very well when used properly.

You are also incredibly selective in your arguments. You choose PSG as an example and ignore they didn't even win the league.

You decided to reject so many things that are patently true in real life as well, as pointed out by the user below. You can continue to blame the game and keep losing, while the rest of us carry on succeeding or failing, keep learning and getting better

The fact that you reject the notion that tactics matter in real life, when its patently true, is ridiculous.

At the end of day, its up to you. I have no interest in going over the same notions, so if you want to stay frustrated thats your cause. My only interest is in helping those like Kenny Peeters, and also SimonP, who are trying to get back into the game and are finding it difficult.

Last edited:
Well...it was unexpected that this thread suddenly gets so many replies...but I am still having some questions unanswered, it's probably not for this thread but it has something to do with it. Is there anything I can read/look at to "learn" how to read an opponent's team? I know this:
- Look at opponent's team who the star-player is
- Look at opponent's team who the weakest link is
- Look at weather-condition
- Look at pitch-size
- Look at how the goals get made
- Look at how the goals get concede

Is there anything else I am forgetting? I truly believe that a good analyse of "a problem" is the first and most important step to see what could get wrong, but it would be "better" for me (and I think lots of others) if we know what the points are that the pro's (like TheBetterHalf) look at. I read somewhere on a thread that TheBetterHalf only takes 10 minutes to look at the opponent his team to see their weaknesses, but it's really demotivating to try this and spending approximately an hour on this...and also lose. That's what is taking the fun away for me, not really knowing where to start to look and not knowing how to counter it.

If this just seem like a pointless rant, please let me know, but I try to ask questions that can have a value for me and others...

Well...it was unexpected that this thread suddenly gets so many replies...but I am still having some questions unanswered, it's probably not for this thread but it has something to do with it. Is there anything I can read/look at to "learn" how to read an opponent's team? I know this:
- Look at opponent's team who the star-player is
- Look at opponent's team who the weakest link is
- Look at weather-condition
- Look at pitch-size
- Look at how the goals get made
- Look at how the goals get concede

Is there anything else I am forgetting? I truly believe that a good analyse of "a problem" is the first and most important step to see what could get wrong, but it would be "better" for me (and I think lots of others) if we know what the points are that the pro's (like TheBetterHalf) look at. I read somewhere on a thread that TheBetterHalf only takes 10 minutes to look at the opponent his team to see their weaknesses, but it's really demotivating to try this and spending approximately an hour on this...and also lose. That's what is taking the fun away for me, not really knowing where to start to look and not knowing how to counter it.

If this just seem like a pointless rant, please let me know, but I try to ask questions that can have a value for me and others...

This is absolutely not a pointless rant. If anything its the first step in trying to move on

I will give you links to some very very good threads to read:

Sports Interactive Community

What I would like you to do is post information based on this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html so we can get into your save in detail.

Antesmu, that's par for the course - people will complain until the cows come home.

Thankfully, I have got some good offers of help and support from people here. So we'll see what happens.

I don't want to have to edit all my players to have 20 for everything... just yet ;)

This is absolutely not a pointless rant. If anything its the first step in trying to move on

I will give you links to some very very good threads to read:

What I would like you to do is post information based on this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html so we can get into your save in detail.

Because I would like to learn about the game itself and start "fresh" and not with an unbalanced team or anything, I will start a new thread where I basically do the same as TheBetterHalf in this thread:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-project-micro-managing-team-better-half.html

Only difference being that it will be with another team and that the more tactical wizards can help to let me see things in different perspective. Two questions I have about this:
- Where should I put it?
- Isn't this a bit too detailed to "start" with?

Because I would like to learn about the game itself and start "fresh" and not with an unbalanced team or anything, I will start a new thread where I basically do the same as TheBetterHalf in this thread:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-project-micro-managing-team-better-half.html

Only difference being that it will be with another team and that the more tactical wizards can help to let me see things in different perspective. Two questions I have about this:
- Where should I put it?
- Isn't this a bit too detailed to "start" with?

Put it in the Tactic Discussion forum or here.

I would go into detail BUT without too many screenshots. When you write down your thoughts, you will learn a lot, cut & pasting screenshots will only take up your time .

I am going to finish ( or start a new) my project once the final patch is out

For a game many complain sooo much about this is how i am enjoying it after deciding to play the game actually

What do you mean with: "to play the game actually"?

English is obviously not his/her 1st language so i think we can give him/her a break. I think he/she is just making the point that even though there are a lot of complaints about the game they're actually enjoying it and posted a screenshot to show their success.

English is obviously not his/her 1st language so i think we can give him/her a break. I think he/she is just making the point that even though there are a lot of complaints about the game they're actually enjoying it and posted a screenshot to show their success.

Yeah, it is possible that English is not his/her 1st language, but that's why I asked to explain what he/she meant with it. Is it just that he/she plays the game or is he/she like, for example creating own tactis or stuff like that.