Gary Neville set to retire at the end of the season

jawk3R

Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/teampages/manchester-united.htmlManchester United defender Gary Neville is set to call time on his playing days at the end of the season, according to reports.

Right-back Neville is out of contract in June and there are no plans to offer him a new one.
Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs have had their deals extended by a year but, according to The Sun, Neville will be hanging up his boots.

The 34-year-old has been hampered by injuries over the last couple of campaigns and has managed just five Premier League games this season.
But since making his debut in 1992, alongside the likes of Paul Scholes, Nicky **** and David Beckham, Neville has played 583 games for the Red Devils.
He became a regular in the 1994/95 season, was a key member of the treble-winning side in 1999 and took over the captain's armband from Roy Keane in 2005-06.
Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson said last year: 'He never had the talent of Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes but he had determination to make sure he was always in the team.
'He also showed that quality to come back after a year and a half out with injuries recently. At his age, it isn't easy.
'But he's been absolutely fantastic. It's a demonstration by Gary that he's never going to give in. He's an amazing man.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...season-18-years-Manchester-United-player.html

Great talisman for the club and a fantastic player.

think he has realised his time is up and its time to end his career when he is still on top

Great player and great attitude.
He has the over my body mentality :)

What a servant to Manchester United football club..... But this is the daily Fail.

But Nev your always be an hero in my Books.

What a servant to Manchester United football club..... But this is the daily Fail.

But Nev your always be an hero in my Books.

i bet he's a legend in any manchunian's books

I don't know whether to believe it, due to the Daily Mail.

But, I think he'll take up coaching when he quits football, he's a United hero, and Fergie licks his **** which is always a helping hand.

Good player in his time and good servant to the club. Apologies for the followign in advance.

However, he was a massive TW*T and can't wait to see the C**T f*ck off from football. If he's a manager I hope he fails and is totally Sh*t like Roy Keane. If he gets a spot on MOTD then I will never watch that programme again.

Sorry.

Love Nev. Hates everything and everyone not involved with United or England and they all hate him back.

However I do think it's time he retires and takes up a coaching role.

We love you Neville, even if nobody else does! :wub:

I think Fergie has summed it up very well , Neville never had the pure talent of a Giggs or a Scholes but its his hard work and determination that has made him such a legend . At his age , how many players could come back from such a long layout to get back into the first team reckoning and he did play quite well towards the latter half of last season which earned him a new contract . He would make a great manager in my opinion . I wish him all the best for his future ventures .

Good. ******* rat faced *******.

Neville was the best English right-back of his generation and has been a great servant to his club and country.

However with that being said, he should have retired two or three years ago.
Good luck to Nev with whatever he does.

A hardworking Passionate (he loves you dirty scouse so much :p) player who has shown that loyalty is still around in modern football.

But in saying that its good to see him retiring, he has become a bit of a burden on the team of late. He would be an awesome manager imo

Has being awful this season and being a liablility whenever he played, But hope he can go out on top with a Premeriship medal and who know's maybe a cup, Legend for the team, If you listen to him commentate on MUTV he is United through and through, Even if he is commentating the U-18 you can hear the passion, With Ole gone he should get the reserve job next year.

Harry Redknapp on Neville when he celebrated running all over the pitch after Owen scored winner against City. Comparing him with his team subs.

Gary Neville has won everything there is to win but you look at the excitement he showed at his team winning, when he wasn't even in the team. He wasn't sitting on the bench with his arms folded. He was jumping higher than Fergie.

I thought it was amazing to see Neville's feelings show and the joy he had at winning."

That why i love Neville. He is so passionate and shows it on field. His celebration running towards Liverpool supporters was absolute class.

A hardworking Passionate (he loves you dirty scouse so much :p) player who has shown that loyalty is still around in modern football.

But in saying that its good to see him retiring, he has become a bit of a burden on the team of late. He would be an awesome manager imo
This.It's about passion and loyalty and he deserves respect for that.