Gary Speed Tribute Challenge.

I have the welsh leagues loaded (Wanted to scout their youth systems) - But i am playing as Cardiff, I don't think Cardiff enter the welsh cup.

I'll do it doing a save as Newport but will do one as my hometown of Cardiff

Don't see the point in doing the Welsh Cup. Swansea, Cardiff or Wrexham would win it for a long time to come on FM. Rather have a good run in FA Cup. Plus it's less games on players so they are fitter for more important matches.

The Welsh Cup is a good game for reserves or youngsters to play and more silverware in the cabinet.

I think it's cool to have another cup, it's a good chance to give first team experience to youngsters. Just checked and only Wrexham and Newport enter Welsh Cup.

I wonder if you can qualify for Europa League winning the Welsh Cup, even if Wrexham/Newport play in english leagues?

I think it's cool to have another cup, it's a good chance to give first team experience to youngsters. Just checked and only Wrexham and Newport enter Welsh Cup.

I wonder if you can qualify for Europa League winning the Welsh Cup, even if Wrexham/Newport play in english leagues?
You can

Just one thing Faulky, Maybe lower the points for Charity Shield, thats not really a prestigious trophy.

Also Nice going Garthy!

Haven't been home much the last 2 days, but I'll get started on this for good today :)

Bluebirds Romp Home to Secure Premier League Berth!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 209328

Transfers

View attachment 209327

The Stars
View attachment 209329View attachment 209330View attachment 209331View attachment 209332

Possible Welsh Youth Prospect
View attachment 209333

There was something negative however at the end of the season, the club chairman canceled the planned Youth Facility expansions :(. To bad he doesn't realize the TV money about to come in.

UPDATE!!!

So I started my season in the EPL. I wont bore people with result but I will put up my transfers going into the Season.

I had to negotiate my *** off to sign James Collins, but I wanted a Welsh International! Had to work around with a few things but I got Him in the end!

View attachment 209353

Last edited:
Looking good Jono! Theres no points on the chart for Charity Sheild. Just FA cup, Carling Cup, Prem, Europa and CL

Whoops, Double post, Ah well.

Just a quick poll from the people taking part in the challenge.

Is the point system too high? Should we drop the points down a bit?
Or are their certain values that are too high for certain acheivements?

Yo Faulky, great idea, and with it being a tribute I suppose people can pick their own variations on it as it is not a competition. I have just 1 criticism: Start as a Sunday-Leaguer? Gary Speed was consistently an international player, kinda defeats the object of doing a career as him.

P.S, It is kinda sad but on my England game I lost to Wales on purpose because I was safe through to the World Cup (2014) and I wanted to see Gary Speed take Wales through to the knock-out stages :).

Tap - Yeah, I discussed the option of "emulating" gary speed in a way, but the challenge was not to BE gary speed persay. It was more of a tribute to his success and vision with the Welsh team and to bring them to be a comeptitor. To become to welsh national coach when you were an international player just makes it a bit easier. Wanted some sort of challenge for the national team aspect.

But i'm sure we can tweak it a bit to allow players to start as international players like Speed if they would like.

Tap - Yeah, I discussed the option of "emulating" gary speed in a way, but the challenge was not to BE gary speed persay. It was more of a tribute to his success and vision with the Welsh team and to bring them to be a comeptitor. To become to welsh national coach when you were an international player just makes it a bit easier. Wanted some sort of challenge for the national team aspect.

But i'm sure we can tweak it a bit to allow players to start as international players like Speed if they would like.

Fair dos. Perhaps an 'Extra Easy' setting on that 1. I normally go for the most difficult challenges but on that 1 I would be going as an international player just because it is more exciting to BE Gary Speed in this case rather than to just win a world cup with Wales or win the premier league with any generic Welsh team.

If people take this route though it would be worth putting Date Of Birth as 8 September 1969 and Favourite Club as Everton like the man himself.

Going to try this when i reach home.
Good time to try out a classic tactic or two :D

Just a question, do i have to start as Welsh manager at the start alongside with my team,
Or do i slowly get up to the top and apply for a Welsh role?

You can do either, Depends on how you want to do it. If you start as the welsh manager you can't get the points for becoming the welsh manager.

You can do it either way

You've been added to the board! Keep us updated with your progress.

My first season with Cardiff finished with a triumphant bang, I beat Manchester City 2-1 in the FA cup finals!

View attachment 209616
Which means ...
View attachment 209615 =D=D
Battled till the bitter end to win the Championship!
View attachment 209609
Such a great season by all...
View attachment 209610View attachment 209611View attachment 209612View attachment 209613

Thanks to the cup run, we had some money left over we got out
View attachment 209614

Should sign him?
View attachment 209617

***ADDITION****

I had 28 mil to spend on transfers, this is what i did with it!
View attachment 209707

With the new additions I was able to guide Cardiff to a community Shield win.
View attachment 209708

Last edited: