GCSE Options

Also the compulsory ones. ;)

Cramming is for tards, and even if you do revise isn't a good method.

You should learn your inbetweeners: [video=youtube;q1bros_nkxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1bros_nkxc&feature=fvsr[/video]

meh it's fine for GCSEs

Wow, In my school we only get 2 options.
I'm defo doing R.E, Triple Sci, Eng (Literture too most probs), Maths, French, Citizenship tommorow and I have done Italian. I am picking History & Geography (my teachers said that if I pick them I will defo be accepted due to high marks in I got in my exams for them (internal). Has/Is anyone doing Functional skills?... I did ICT last week.

GCSE results don't matter as long as you get good enough grades to get into college.

Need 5a*'s + to get offered Oxbridge.

It's not a requirement. Just that the calibre of people they take generally have that. They want people who will realistically finish the degree, if you perform better in an interview and have the A-levels - you can still get in.

I'm in year 9 and taking core science this year and over the next two years I am doing:
English lit
English Lang
Maths
Triple Science
IT short course
French
German
History
RE
and if I am in the top 2 sets for Maths I will do Stats
I really didn't want to take German but it was a choice of German,Geography(my most hated subject) and Product Design(which I am **** at)

We just picked Standard Grade choices in Scotland; and I think thats the equivalent of a GCSE, but I picked :

Mod Studies, Chemistry, Admin, P.E Studies, and History :)

It's coming to that time of year when Year 9's have to pick their options. :p
I know there' quite a few of us on this site so meh.

I've gone for History and Geography. Plus Doing Citizenship tomoz + done Italian. :)
So what have you guys picked?

Oh and Joel, GodCubed and Dunc dont come saying GCSE's are a doddle wait for A-Levels. :p We know. :p

Coursework is a real ***** for Geography and History trust me.

We just picked Standard Grade choices in Scotland; and I think thats the equivalent of a GCSE, but I picked :

Mod Studies, Chemistry, Admin, P.E Studies, and History :)

Explain?

Coursework is a real ***** for Geography and History trust me.

Geography coursework I'm usually good at. My school does internal exams and some subjects have c/w for it and in my Geog I have got 100% all the time. :)

Geography coursework I'm usually good at. My school does internal exams and some subjects have c/w for it and in my Geog I have got 100% all the time. :)

Geography cw at my school was like 60 pages about a river :S

It's not a requirement. Just that the calibre of people they take generally have that. They want people who will realistically finish the degree, if you perform better in an interview and have the A-levels - you can still get in.

Ah, my chances aren't completely blown! :)

I have chose History and Geography, i am in Y10 now. History is enjoyable but there is loads to revise (names, dates, time periods etc) but i usually get B/A's on the mock tests and Geography i don't like, find it boring tbh.

Modern Studies :)

continue explaining, what the **** are they?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I have chose History and Geography, i am in Y10 now. History is enjoyable but there is loads to revise (names, dates, time periods etc) but i usually get B/A's on the mock tests and Geography i don't like, find it boring tbh.

there's more to remember at AS and then A2 ;) Not that hard to remember it all tbh

Geography cw at my school was like 60 pages about a river :S
My Business studies coursework was something like 74 pages and I put **** all effort into it. Some guy in my class got approaching 100 pages :/

Oh and yeah starting my geog coursework next month on a river too :(

My Business studies coursework was something like 74 pages and I put **** all effort into it. Some guy in my class got approaching 100 pages :/

Seriously?! My business coursework was about five pages and I got an A*. Must obviously have been a different board, but still.

Seriously?! My business coursework was about five pages and I got an A*. Must obviously have been a different board, but still.
Northern Irish. CCEA. Had to write about creating our own business in great detail, pain in the backside