GCSE's

Does everyone have less options now than five to ten years ago? On tapatalk on my iPod it's a great app:)

Apparently most schools only have to lessons, not the actual exam. Well thats what our teacher said.

Everyone has to do a R.E exam i think its pretty much a free g.c.s.e anyway i wrote a line for each question and got a c

Apparently most schools only have to lessons, not the actual exam. Well thats what our teacher said.

So they make you sit through lessons of a subject most people hate for 2 years, and then not enter them for a 2 hour exam so they actually get a qualification.

Glad I didn't go to one of those schools!

So they make you sit through lessons of a subject most people hate for 2 years, and then not enter them for a 2 hour exam so they actually get a qualification.

Sounds like PE Theory to me, it's all coursework, no tests.
but I have RE tests.

Thats what we were told. Sounds like it was lies.

Does everyone have less options now than five to ten years ago? On tapatalk on my iPod it's a great app:)

You can technically enter as many as you like. There's just limited school time, so if you want to do more you take up your own time. :) You're technically losing an option though by triple science taking one up, I did triple but still got 4 options, we just had to work faster to cover the extra units in the same lesson time, which is the whole point of having single, double and triple AFAIK. Some school's are so odd. XD

Wow that sucks, your coursework should get bumped up when moderated anyway, and if not just ask for a re-mark.

When your work gets moderated markers just follow teachers mark or are looking to put it down plus when i asked for a re mark she said she would put it down to a C and i should stop asking

Sounds like PE Theory to me, it's all coursework, no tests.
but I have RE tests.

I had a PE Theory exam. :'(

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

When your work gets moderated markers just follow teachers mark or are looking to put it down plus when i asked for a re mark she said she would put it down to a C and i should stop asking

I'd report her to be honest. It's nothing to do with her, if you think the mark is wrong, it is perfectly within your right to ask for a re-mark. And it's ridiculous for her to threaten to downgrade you for asking, not good teaching practice at all. It should go through the exam board and not her to be re-marked too. Does she have some sort of vendetta against you? XD

EDIT: They also can't take marks away on a re-mark, only add them. They always take the highest mark. You should really talk to another teacher in the department or just another teacher you trust about the process and advice.

Business, Humanities and Spanish were a piece of **** at GCSE.

I would have done History and Geography but apparently its alot of work. Anyone here done History? Whats it like?

I'd report her to be honest. It's nothing to do with her, if you think the mark is wrong, it is perfectly within your right to ask for a re-mark. And it's ridiculous for her to threaten to downgrade you for asking, not good teaching practice at all. It should go through the exam board and not her to be re-marked too. Does she have some sort of vendetta against you? XD

EDIT: They also can't take marks away on a re-mark, only add them. They always take the highest mark. You should really talk to another teacher in the department or just another teacher you trust about the process and advice.

She hated me for some reason maybe it was because unlike everyone else in my class i didnt let her treat/talk to me like **** like she did to some of the others

whats done is done cant do any thing now at least i passed

Having a tilf for RE helped me to concentrate loads in RE and was most likely the reason that I did well in RE at GCSE.

I did History, Food Technology, Geography, French, English, Maths, Science, RS. Got 2A 6B 1C 2D in all my modules.

Back