Gears Of War Series

10x exp until 29th november on gears of war 2 :)

The special xmas even has come on GOW2. starts at 12x EXP and goes up by one everyday until 23x EXP.

Also anyone who cant wait until GOW3, Epic are releasing a BETA version of multiplayer mode with the Epic edition of Bulletstorm

Gears 3 beta coming mid-April

Gears of War 3- Kicking off in mid-April, the Gears of War 3 public multiplayer beta will give players a chance to experience three new Versus Multiplayer modes on four new maps, and help shape the year’s biggest blockbuster, set to launch worldwide on Sept. 20 and in Japan on Sept. 22. You can even decide which maps you would like to see in the beta starting today by visiting the Gears of War Facebook page and voting on their favorites. Voting ends on Feb. 28.
via http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/02/24/gears-of-war-3-beta-update-and-much-more-just-announced-long.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MajorNelson+%28Major+Nelson+%28Xbox%29%29

Also the press have been playing the game at a special event today, however there is a news embargo on it until noon (unknown timezone) tomorrow.

Nope.

I thought that it was only available to people who bought the epic bulletstorm?

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/Secondary.aspx?id=2004

Enlist in the most explosive gaming event of the spring: the Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta!

Get into the Beta by preordering Gears of War 3 through select retailers. The Beta begins April 25 and ends May 15. For those of you who purchased the Bulletstorm Epic Edition (on Xbox 360 only), you get early access to the Beta, beginning April 18.

Three new multiplayer modes and four exclusive maps will be rolled out during the Beta period -- all running on dedicated servers. This is your chance to help shape the most anticipated game of 2011.

In the Beta you can play Team Deathmatch mode on the four new maps (Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches, and Old Town); Capture the Leader and King of the Hill gameplay modes will be added later in the Beta period. Also, be sure to look out for a surprise event weekend that you won't want to miss.

Not only will you get an early taste of the final chapter in this blockbuster trilogy, but you'll also have access to exclusive content that you can permanently unlock and carry over to your Gears of War 3 gamer profile when the retail game launches on September 20.

Exclusive Beta Unlockables

• Flaming Hammerburst
    Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
  • Flaming Lancer
    Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
  • Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun
    Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
  • Flaming Gnasher Shotgun
    Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
  • Beta Tester Medal -- Wear it proudly, Gear.
    Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
  • Thrashball Cole -- Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day -- a legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style.
    Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period.
    To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.
  • Gold-Plated Retro Lancer -- Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade.
    Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period.
    To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.
Visit one of these participating retailers for your pre-order today!
In the US:
Gamestop
In Canada:
Gamestop
In the UK:
GAME
Gamestation
In France:
GAME
FNAC
Micromania
In Italy:
Gamestop
In Australia:
EB Games
In New Zealand:
EB Games
Stayed tuned for Beta updates!

-----------------------

Guess I'll have to pre-order from GAME (as much as I don't want to after Gears 2) just to play the beta, then cancel/keep it accordingly.

I can, and hope it takes a long, long time to come. I'm not very hopeful for 3.

Why not? the first two were excellent and some of the quotes are fantastic!

Why not? the first two were excellent and some of the quotes are fantastic!

The first was possibly game of the generation for me, I played the multiplayer with friends almost every night for 2 years, but they completely changed the dynamic for Gears 2 MP. They lost the speed, balance of weapons and introduced the stun to smoke grenades (which I think I saw confirmed for 3 :'(), amongst countless other changes. The campaign was still good, but no game has matched Gears' MP for me since the original, and they just look to be further complicating things with 3, when it was the simplicity that made Gears great.

The first was possibly game of the generation for me, I played the multiplayer with friends almost every night for 2 years, but they completely changed the dynamic for Gears 2 MP. They lost the speed, balance of weapons and introduced the stun to smoke grenades (which I think I saw confirmed for 3 :'(), amongst countless other changes. The campaign was still good, but no game has matched Gears' MP for me since the original, and they just look to be further complicating things with 3, when it was the simplicity that made Gears great.

What about single player? Which is the main reason why the game is released?

What about single player? Which is the main reason why the game is released?

Campaign was good in both games, but I don't pay £40 for what is most likely only 10 hours of gameplay. Multiplayer is the driving force behind most games these days for me, the only real exceptions being RPGs.

Campaign is my main Gears Of War selling point. I must have played each campaign 20 times. Playing on Insane with a friend is great.

Campaign is my main Gears Of War selling point. I must have played each campaign 20 times. Playing on Insane with a friend is great.

Have to agree, I love that you can co-op the whole campaign, flawlessly online with friends.

Just downloaded the BETA and played a couple of matches, and it is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :wub:

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

no more two piecing yay :D