General TV Discussion

Well, Argen won. :p

Nice to get a prediction right for once. :D

Right so it's the fall season so a lot of new shows starting so he's a quick list of what new shows I've watched...

• Boardwalk Empire - Awesome. Head & shoulders above the rest of the new shows.
  • The Event - Watchable. Was interesting enough and seems like it could develop nicely
  • Chase - A bit meh. Seemed ok but nothing special, not sure if I'll keep watching this one.
  • Hawaii Five-0 - Watchable. Not the best show in the world, but if you need something to happen in front of your face for 40 minutes then it's perfect.
  • Raising Hope - Good. Plenty of laughs, kinda reminded me of My Name is Earl.
  • Detroit 1-8-7 - Good. Interesting cop show, didn't take itself too seriously either which was nice.

Right so it's the fall season so a lot of new shows starting so he's a quick list of what new shows I've watched...

• Boardwalk Empire - Awesome. Head & shoulders above the rest of the new shows.
  • The Event - Watchable. Was interesting enough and seems like it could develop nicely
  • Chase - A bit meh. Seemed ok but nothing special, not sure if I'll keep watching this one.
  • Hawaii Five-0 - Watchable. Not the best show in the world, but if you need something to happen in front of your face for 40 minutes then it's perfect.
  • Raising Hope - Good. Plenty of laughs, kinda reminded me of My Name is Earl.
  • Detroit 1-8-7 - Good. Interesting cop show, didn't take itself too seriously either which was nice.

Boardwalk Empire - Decent
The Event - Decent
Chase - Meh
Hawaii Five-0 - Meh

Raising Hope and Detroit 1-8-7 to watch. Got Mike and Molly on now, seems meh.

Also How I Met Your Mother restarted the other night ^^)

Can anybody give me the name of the show I'm thinking of:

It was a drama/action show that ran 10 epidosed (I think) it was on Bravo a few years ago. The story was that a group of men robbed a bank and it followed the story of them, their hostages and the police, sorry I'm being vague but if anyone else has seen it then you probably know the show I mean..

I was hoping to re-watch it or even see if there is a second series (I highly doubt it) but yeah if anyone remembers then let me know :)

The opener for Glee Season 2 was a good one. Some new talented characters were introduced to the show.

Charice Pempengco stars as Sunshine in the second season. Her voice is incredible. I noticed her a few months back on YouTube, which is how she became famous, but I didn't expect her to be on television so quickly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD44tOoBbf0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Yeah the Glee opener was good.

Raising Hope and Detroit 1-8-7 we're both pretty good. As was The Defenders and The Whole Truth.

S@#t my dad says was rubbish.

Going to watch Undercovers, My Generation and Outsourced later.

Season 7 (Carells last season) of the US office premiered last night. Was quite good, nice opening to it and few laughs throughout.

Shows i've began watching recently are The Vampire Diaries and The Big Bang Theory. ....Oh also can't forget the new season of Glee! woo :)

They are both such great shows and The Vampire Diaries is so much better than Twilight :eek: !! Love the cast and the storyline but i hate being upto date with shows, it means i have to wait endlessly for new episodes to come out. grrr :(

The Big Bang Theory is sooooo funny though it has me in fits of laughter every time. I'm only on season 3 at the moment but Sheldon makes me laugh so bad. :D Just recently finished the episode where Sheldon has to give a speech for winning an award but is very clearly drunk when he's giving his speech. ha brilliant!!

Been watching Colditz on Yesterday. Quite enjoying it actually.

Shows I'm watching ATM:

• The Big Bang Theory - always makes me lol.
  • Lie to Me - awesome show IMO. Way better than that CSI ****.
  • NCIS - similarly
  • Fringe - Great sci-fi series, actually the show I look forward to the most each week. :)

Currently watching...

The Walking Dead - Pretty interesting so far, not much else like it about (tv show wise) atm.

House - Need I say more?

The Sopranos - Started re-watching Season 1 the other night, forgot how pwn it was.

Rescue Me - Fantastic. Great humour, very good storylines and the cast are more than capable.

How I Met Your Mother - Been an advocate for this show since it came out in the USA. Don't really need to elaborate on why it's so great. Two words sum it up; Barney Stinson.

The Walking Dead - Rather intriguing so far, have quite high hopes for it.

I LOVVEEEEE HOUSE only started watching it in august and only at the end of season 5 but its brill! i love hugh laurie! what a character!

Just watched Not Going Out. Great show. :wub:

"I look stupid in this suit."

"Don't be silly, you look like James Bond."

"The name's head, *** Head."

Anyone watch Celebrity Juice hosted by Keith Lemon?

Big fan myself, doubt it's many peoples cup of tea but I think it is hilarious.

Watched it 3 or 4 times and found it pretty funny :)

Don't mean to be offensive to you Alex, but Keith Lemon is on my long list of irritating gays which includes Louie Spence and yourself . So no

Don't mean to be offensive to you Alex, but Keith Lemon is on my long list of irritating gays which includes Louie Spence and yourself . So no

Keith Lemon, as far as I know, isnt gay.

And is a character, like Avid Merrion....