General TV Discussion

Ive really been enjoying Luther on BBC1 with Idris Elba from The Wire playing grumpy cop John Luther.

Dark,brutal and gritty. Everything you want from a police drama.

Last edited:
Watched about 10 minutes of an episode of that Luther (he was following someone around a warehouse - then let him fall?)

Not sure why I stopped as it wasn't bad. Will get back onto it.

Watched part of the first ep of Spartacus, ***** ftw. Got the rest of the first season so will view at some point.

Raped my way through 5 seasons of How I Met Your Mother in less than a week this week, pretty good. Got some two and a half men to watch next.

been watching the usual series, lost, 24 etc. stopped watching flashforward before the season ended, it just annoyed me. also been watching ncis and ncis los angeles (ll cool j is a suprising decent actor, not as good as Ice T from law and order, but stilll good notheless) also has anyone been watching The Bridge? download from here: http://www.dedicatedtv.net/ imo a very well written and gritty cop drama.

im also loving mythbusters, and ultimate weapons

Raped my way through 5 seasons of How I Met Your Mother in less than a week this week, pretty good. Got some two and a half men to watch next.

Two and a half men and How i met your mother is absolutely incredible, love it.

Ted Mosby ftw.

Two and a half men and How i met your mother is absolutely incredible, love it.

Ted Mosby ftw.

Two and a Half men, meh. Can't stand that show. But How I Met Your Mother is so hilarious.

I watched the first season. A little repetative after a while. Its in danger of doing a CSI and becoming a corny soap.
ive become so disappointed in CSI...

NCIS is class too. Nice plot, hilarious characters and it never gets boring.

Ziva David :wub:

I used to like it but its wank now. They seem more interested in how to make all the cast look unrealistically wonderfull rather than make decent storys.
its got far too much flash, not enough substance, but i feel a lot of dramas are like that these days, almost like small screen extended flashy movies. not too many "real" draamslike luther, the wire etc

speaking of which, for anyone who liked the wire, check out Treme, its created by Simon and Overmyer, who worked on Homicide life on the streets, and The Wire, just watch the opening few, really good stuff

Watched Luther. Very good, and like JP said, everything you'd want from that type of show.

Also been watching 'Junior Apprentice' but disappointed as it has become repetitive now. Will be watching the final in a minute but only because it would be ridiculous to watch the whole series and not the final.

Anyone else watching Junior Apprentice, it is quite different from the real show as there are people actually my age competing in it.

The final is just starting on BBC1 btw

Anyone else watching Junior Apprentice, it is quite different from the real show as there are people actually my age competing in it.

The final is just starting on BBC1 btw

Just off to watch it.

£40,000 those two made last night. Still, the same old stuff though. :S

If Kirsty wins its stupid, she goes 4 weeks doing nothing and then walks straight into the final

If Kirsty wins its stupid, she goes 4 weeks doing nothing and then walks straight into the final

She spent her whole time on the phone to Tim last time. XD

Brings nothing. Argen (Or however you spell it) to win. 'Lord Sugar' clearly likes him.

Well it all depends on tonights task, but I have got a feeling Tim is going to win