General TV Discussion

I've been re-watching quite a few of my Simpsons DVD's. That show used to be brilliant.

I've been re-watching quite a few of my Simpsons DVD's. That show used to be brilliant.
Seasons 2-8 where golden years for The Simpsons,some absolute classics that will never be bettered.

Here here. Can't even watch it anymore, it's been so dumbed down it's unreal

I used to be a fan of comics when I was younger, and watching Smallville season 8 made me cringe a bit at the introduction of the Legion of Superheroes. The characters were all wrong and watching Cosmic Boy played some almost-30ish dude was really campy. And Lightning Lad acted like the most annoying 14 year old I had ever seen(unlike the comics, where he was just stubborn). Overall, the final season was okay, but having Doomsday fight with Clark Kent before he even had a costume was pretty bad story-telling.

hmm what is everyone watching these days? for me it's a select few but I do love them

How I Met Your Mother
Rescue Me
Nip/Tuck

anyone else?

Mock the week
Q.I
Live at the apollo
Top Gear
Arguemental
If you can't tell i watch Dave :D :)

How poor has Top Gear gotten? Everything just seems forced and set-up.

Currently watching -
Big Bang Theory
How I met Your Mother

I really enjoyed the last series of Spooks, severely underrated British drama.

Rock 'n' Chips was excellent last Sunday though what else do you expect from John Sullivan. James Buckley portrayed a young Del Boy really well, even had the mannerisms down to a tee, I would have liked him to get more air time than he did though. Overall some great comedy one liners and perfectly understated. I hope it gets commissioned for a series.

Lost has started back up again for those still managing to stick with the series after more twists and turns than a spaghetti junction in Los Angeles.

Season 5 now I believe? Maybe season 6, it's getting hard to keep track of numbers past '4 8 15 16 23 42'

I was really enjoying Lost. But I find some episodes can be really great and some are just **** poor, lost interest eventually.

The first 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother are great though.

I hate 'How I Met Your Mother', saw the first 4 episodes or so and couldn't get into it.

I watch a few series' at the moment though, not just Lost. Heroes, Flash Forward, Misfits, Skins, Big Bang Theory, Entourage, Smallville and True Blood. A lot of them are starting back up again now it's February, after stopping sometime late in 2009, forgot when exactly.

Entourage and Big Bang Theory are great, Misfits is decent but Skins is absolutely dreadful in my opinion, just ridiculously far fetched and it just seems to be music and *** in the show.

Ari Gold has got to be one of the best characters in televisual history. The acting from Jeremy Piven is amazing.

"People, staff meeting has been cancelled. You all have one goal today: to get Vincent Chase’s brother, Johnny Chase, a job. Any job! I don’t care if it’s a **** shoot in which he is being gang raped by a gaggle of silverback apes, if there are cameras rolling, everybody wins. 10 grand for anyone that can deliver this to me, today."

YouTube- Find Drama a Job

Last edited:
Yeah, agreed... Ari Gold is my favourite character on that show, by a mile.

Whats happening with the guests on QI? They are getting some ***** in,i mean Sandi Toksvig for **** sake. :mad:

I had the displeasure of watching Skins this evening....

Probably the worst writing I have seen in a while and one of the worst episodes of a tv show I have ever seen. They continued their ridiculous plot lines which don't tie up, the acting was dreadful and everything was awfully over saturated.

I despise this television show but continued to give it a chance due to a few friends and the girlfriend liking it, but it is one of the worst british television shows I have ever set my eyes upon. All the points in it are so ******* flawed its cringeworthy.

The fact on the penultimate episode of the season (I hope to **** it gets cancelled) they decided to brutally kill of a character for no plausible reason was hilarious, also the fact he was killed by a character making his first appearance of the season is just too incredulous to comprehend.

I've had it with this *****, with exception to the JJ episode last week every time I have watched this dire excuse of a show it has made me cringe, laugh (at it), and want to send a letter to poor excuse of a writing team that actually assemble this "show".

Christ.

Im watching The Wonders of The Solar System on BBC 2 on Sunday nights.

Really enjoying it,i totally love anything to do with space. Some amazing footage and infomation,it really humbles you and reminds you of your own personal insignificant place in it all.

Watched A League of Their Own on Thursday. It was quite good, but some of the main jokes like Freddie Flintoff and Beer, Jamie Redknapp and That advert cannot really be repeated so I don't know how much life it really has.

John Bishop was the best thing about it really, but James Corden was actually quite funny without being cringeworthy.

Pretty good first episode to be honest, anyone else see it?

Watched A League of Their Own on Thursday. It was quite good, but some of the main jokes like Freddie Flintoff and Beer, Jamie Redknapp and That advert cannot really be repeated so I don't know how much life it really has.

John Bishop was the best thing about it really, but James Corden was actually quite funny without being cringeworthy.

Pretty good first episode to be honest, anyone else see it?

yer i watched it i liked it alot actually and was really funny when redknapp called haye a *****. and oh my god georgie thompson is ultra fit haha.

Last night I finished watching the first season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand and although it's not the most intelligent or well written show it's ruddy entertaining (ie lots of blood and *****). But I have to admit I'm really looking forward to a second season, which has been delayed while the lead-actor recovers from a little bout of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

I've also just completed the first season of V as well. Some fairly poor acting and plot holes galore but it was enjoyable nonetheless.