Gerard Houllier to leave Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 10K
the reason im saying this is because you are a selling club and you will have no chance of keeping players like bannan. clark, albrighton, delph if they fulfil there potential. uve alredy sold milner and barry, young and downing will go and friedal has pretty much gone

the reason im saying this is because you are a selling club and you will have no chance of keeping players like bannan. clark, albrighton, delph if they fulfil there potential. uve alredy sold milner and barry, young and downing will go and friedal has pretty much gone

If clubs recieve half-decent offers, especially teams like Aston Villa [No disrespect meant here] or Everton then the chances are they will accept. If Bannan, Clark etc go, they will go for the right price and then that money will be used to replace them. Its just football, and its how its always been.

I think Villa will get Moyes, who will take them to the Europa League. They've got a very good squad who had one bad season.

Feel for the man but i think its time he left the game at this level, health is more important than football even if some would dis-agree. If they act quickly then Carlo Ancelotti is available and he has stated he wants to stay in England.

Off topic here but my football quiz is back up and running if you wish to take part round 1 is here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/forum-games/60178-jackos-just-fun-english-football-quiz.html

Good luck and spread to word, more the merrier.

Good luck Gerard. Glad you realised health is far important than football. Shame. And Villa on decline?! Make sure you switch the light on on the way out the door, on the way to the nuthouse.
But Moyes is out the equation, as he's already pledged his future to Everton. They should get someone like Houghton though. Never know though-Ancelotti may take the reins.

O'Neill just come out of a court proceeding with them so he won't come back.

I honestly can see them making an approach for Moyes. A club around about the same level of Everton, except with the funds to make a bit more of a push for Europe. Can see him there too..

Frank Rijkaard anyone? I think Villa might also take McClaren

Mark Hughes is the papers word, Why not i suppose. His contract is a one year rolling contract. He finished 8th with fulham and is a very promising manager.

I can see the thought in Bob Bradley.

He's a half decent manager, a fresh face, and I think he could bring new ideas.

GodCubued, I'm a big fan of Michael Bradley, was he injured or just not picked for much of this season on loan?

Hughes is the worst manager ever, surely Villa can get better and choose Grant, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Moyes or Ancelotti for example...

Moyes deserves a real shot at Europe which he won't get at Everton, unfortunately. If Villa have the cash he needs to build a good squad (not that they need an overhaul - just a couple of quality players to help a young team) then he's almost guaranteed to do well. Superb maneger

Question: When is Albrighton going to get a senior call-up? He's 21 and arguably one of the best young English wingers about.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Hughes is the worst manager ever, surely Villa can get better and choose Grant, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Moyes or Ancelotti for example...

His season with Fulham tells a different story, as does his work with Blackburn.

Grant is shocking - he's got both WHU and Portsmouth relegated despite both having ****** good squads. Doubt Ancelotti would go to Villa tbh.

I know Hughes is a ****** good manager, his football is much better than Woy's, we will win the Europa League next season and qualify for Europe through the league but I just don't want our another good manager being poached with the next manager after Hughes failing to adapt the squad to his style and failing to make any good transfers due to a lack of time.

Any chance of hiring Martin O'neill again?

No. Which is lucky.

Frank Rijkaard anyone? I think Villa might also take McClaren

Yes a million times to the former, no to the latter. His record is far too chequered.

Mark Hughes is the papers word, Why not i suppose. His contract is a one year rolling contract. He finished 8th with fulham and is a very promising manager.

I think I'd take him, he looks decent enough with Fulham and did very well with Blackburn.

I can see the thought in Bob Bradley.

He's a half decent manager, a fresh face, and I think he could bring new ideas.

GodCubued, I'm a big fan of Michael Bradley, was he injured or just not picked for much of this season on loan?

Just not picked. We were in deep ***** when he joined, and we couldn't risk blooding in new people at that time. Feel a bit sorry for him really. He was pretty bad second half against Manchester City in the cup, but then everyone was...

You say Hughes is bad and then you use AVRAM GRANT as an example of a better one?

Moyes deserves a real shot at Europe which he won't get at Everton, unfortunately. If Villa have the cash he needs to build a good squad (not that they need an overhaul - just a couple of quality players to help a young team) then he's almost guaranteed to do well. Superb maneger

Question: When is Albrighton going to get a senior call-up? He's 21 and arguably one of the best young English wingers about.

Hopefully soon, but he needs to start producing the goods for Villa on a consistent basis. Maybe next season with one or both of the two better wingers in his way out of the frame he can step up and become a regular starter.

Hughes has been linked with the Villa job for a while now. His contract is a little odd but I believe he's in negotiations with Fulham at the moment. Best Villa can go for is either Moyes or Ancelotti unless Lerner goes down the cheap route and appoints Gary McAllister.

i hear Benitez is the current favourite after he rejected Atletico? can't decide whether its a good thing or bad thing for Villa

i hear Benitez is the current favourite after he rejected Atletico? can't decide whether its a good thing or bad thing for Villa

I would love to see Benitez back in england
absolutely love him

As soon as I saw this I thought Rafa. Please come back to England!

Been coming for a while tbh. He should retire for his own safety..

Moyes to replace him anyone?

David Moyes is commited to Everton and I think he will be going all out for Fergie's position at Manchester United when it eventually comes.

Back